abbie<3

Forum Expert
ELITE
uhhabbie
uhhabbie
ELITE
Ratings
285 11
i know sonic already replied to this, but yeah that’s definitely not true haha. it’s all a volunteer thing.

(the only type of payment thing is if someone wins SOTM, not sure if someone was talking about that instead? it’s on the monthly posts <3 )

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
As Abbie mentioned, staff get a $50 reward at the end of the month if they win Staff of the Month. I'm just gonna assume that's where the community gets confused- I myself have heard that the admins get paid, though I'm sure that isn't true.

ItsAndri

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ItsAndri
ItsAndri
MVP+
Ratings
91 2
As Abbie mentioned, staff get a $50 reward at the end of the month if they win Staff of the Month. I'm just gonna assume that's where the community gets confused- I myself have heard that the admins get paid, though I'm sure that isn't true.
Yea I've heard the same about admins...

Saltyon

ELITE
Saltyon
Saltyon
ELITE
Ratings
16 1
i know sonic already replied to this, but yeah that’s definitely not true haha. it’s all a volunteer thing.

(the only type of payment thing is if someone wins SOTM, not sure if someone was talking about that instead? it’s on the monthly posts <3 )
not even cubits ? I know some servers give out cubits to their staff?

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Sometimes I wish I got paid. Would make life just that little bit easier. But I'm perfectly happy doing this without payment :)
Agreed - I love staffing and I don't feel like I should be getting paid (as I signed up for it knowing it was a volunteer-based thing) - but with that being said, would I object to getting paid? Of course not!

I also think it's nice having a staff team that works for free because it discourages people who only look to staff a server to make money from applying, leaving only those who genuinely want to change the server for good as the applicants.

ItsAndri

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ItsAndri
ItsAndri
MVP+
Ratings
91 2
Agreed - I love staffing and I don't feel like I should be getting paid (as I signed up for it knowing it was a volunteer-based thing) - but with that being said, would I object to getting paid? Of course not!

I also think it's nice having a staff team that works for free because it discourages people who only look to staff a server to make money from applying, leaving only those who genuinely want to change the server for good as the applicants.
Agreed

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy Homes,

I know that other staff have already replied but I also want to haha, staff on manacube are mainly volunteers. Those who get payment for the work (Devs, etc... as some of you have noted) can talk about if they get paid, or not, if they want to. Discussing someone's status or payment (or lack of) can be an awkward conversation to have- even more so when they are not present. For the majority of us this is purely volunteer work.

With that being said, I hope no one assumes that higher staff do not show appreciation to others. There have been many instances on the staff team where an act of kindness has been extended to others as a thank you for their hard work and dedication. Personally- I guess my payment for staffing is seeing the positive reactions and engagement I get from the player base. I do not staff solely to seek out these things but no one can deny that being told you're doing a good job is not welcomed haha. Being able to help the player base and bring a smile to as many faces as possible is what makes me happy to be staff on Manacube.

best, kayla

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
I'm a bit late to this thread but I'll still add on to these answers!

Mods, Mod+'s, SrMods, etc. do not get paid, as staffing ManaCube is a volunteer position in which we do in our spare time outside of real-life jobs/school. The only payment in which is given is if someone was to win Staff of the Month, in which $50 is gifted to that staff member. However, like Kayla stated above, one of the best payments is seeing the gratitude and kindness of players. An example would be as I try my best to keep up with support tickets, there are always players who thank and let us know how much they appreciate our responses/assistance. That alone is honestly one of the most uplifting and heartwarming things a player could ever do! I love being able to help the community so much, therefore seeing a notification on a ticket that has a simple "thank you" really makes me smile and appreciate ManaCube as a whole. Whether it's assisting players on the Forums, in-game, or on Discord, I really try to put my heart into everything, therefore the payment is really just being able to appreciate and observe how amazing and kind our community is as a whole <3

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
With everything being said, it would be a whole process for Dacon and there would be a multitude of complications! There's plenty of minors on the team, some being accepted as young as 13 in cases, there's people from other countries *and* minors, getting things set up as actual employment, having a clock system, it would be a mess. I think we're all satisfied with our positions even though we aren't paid, nor do we wish to be either. Thanks players <3
$5 per ban doesn't sound that bad though? winky face
jk that was a joke
laugh. now.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I wonder what the world would be like if everything wasn't a commodity... time is even a commodity- if everything was done for free- out of willingness, kindness, and love. What would our world look like? I could only think it would be a utopia- a wonderful place to be. What if we encouraged one another instead of bringing others down? What if we took time for not just ourselves but the people we care about both online and in real life. Wouldn't that be a wonderful world you wish you could live in? Would it really kill you to say a few kind words to someone you didn't know before? To do some random acts of kindness?
I think what the staff do could be a great example of this- online you don't really know anyone... yet, there are people out there who we called "staff" and they dedicate their time and effort to ensuring that other people have a more enjoyable experience. For lack of better words- staff help people they have never met, total strangers each and every day. We have the choice to thank them or curse them, but in the end... they're just here to help out this wonderful community, so I really do hope that we all take the time to thank them, and do what we can to help out on Manacube and outside of Manacube.
Now that I'm saying all this- it's lead me to an interesting idea. I challenge each and every one of you to do the following, next time someone does something nice for you, just smile and them, and maybe say "thank you." That's all you have to do! I would also encourage all of you to do the same online- obviously, you can't "smile" online, but do take the time to thank the staff and community whenever they do something nice to show your appreciation and gratitude.
Honestly, I think if everyone started acting kinder, we could actually defeat toxicity, and truly make Manacube a better server for everyone! If someone dies in PvP and is yelling in chat about losing their gear, help them get new gear. I often see new players dying in PvP, and then usually donators or older players telling the noob to shut up and get over it. I understand that it's a PvP zone, but it doesn't give ANYONE an excuse to be rude or toxic towards others. I have hope for the future, and I really hope that you will all participate in reaching the goal of a brighter future, together.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
To add to what I said previously- I just wanted to thank all the staff and players who go above and beyond each and every day. Your kindness and generosity are truly appreciated! I am hoping to start something similar to Kayla's Weekly Player of the Week. I will be making a post about it in the near future (hopefully)!