Rejected Stoplight- easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Warp: /plot visit Octupli 2
Hi! I'm Octupli! I really liked your server so I decided to try and build some parkour. I had a lot of fun building it. This is my first build so it may not be that good. Thanks for considering! *crosses fingers*

P.S. In the final picture, you can see some single glass panes. I did fix those, they are now wool blocks.
Finally, I have a question. There is a map on the server (Lucky Blocks, first easy parkour). If you were presented with that now, would you accept it? Thanks for answering.

Attachments

Last edited:
Ratings
Hey so funny story I was looking over the requirements and I realized I didn't put it in the correct format!!! so here it is:
Usename: Octupli
Map name: Stoplight
Warp: /visit plot Octupli 2
Difficulty: Easy

Also, there was a jump including a piston, that has now been removed.

Last edited:

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Octupli,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we just recently accepted a Stoplight map, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: In my opinion, the build isn't very good. It just doesn't look like a stoplight as didn't even fill in the squares or shape it like one. It's a very odd approach that didn't reflect well. I recommend that in the future you don't take such simplistic approaches because sometimes simple is good but overly simple can prove to be a major downside.
  • Parkour: The parkour had its issues. Although it was long enough for a medium, I felt that you could add some more jumps since it barely passes the 40 jump mark. Furthermore, the parkour was pretty easy for the medium difficulty as you utilized a lot of simple jumps (I'd buff them). And, the parkour itself felt pretty repetitive as you utilized a lot of the same jumps/blocks or just used segments (back to back ladders, fences, single block jumps, etc).
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.