4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
This is part two of my forum posts of tips on survival. The first one was on how to prevent season vault items from disappearing from glitches, which if you haven't read can be found here.

In this post I'll go over different methods of keeping/storing your season vault items, along with the pros and cons of each storage method. I'll list these in order of my least preferred to most preferred.

1. Storing SSVS in the Season Vault (/vault)
Pro: Secure. No one can access your season vault other than yourself.
Con: Super glitchy and difficult to use. Items can be easily lost in glitches.

Out of these four storage methods this is my least favorite. While it is secure since only you can access the vault, it is very glitchy. There are always constant support tickets of players losing their item(s) when using the vault. The reason is the season vault is not meant to be used regularly. The vault should only be used at the very end of the season and start of the season for transferring ssvs between seasons. Other than that, steer clear of the vault.

2. Storing SSVS in shulker boxes/chests
Pro: Allows easy access by carrying the in a shulker box in your inventory. If stored in a chest it also allows for easy access
Pro: Other players can access these shulkers/chests if two players are sharing the same ssv item
Con: Other players can access these shulkers/chests if two players are sharing the same ssv item
Con: Shulker boxes can be lost to clearlag when broken and chests can be accidently broken sometimes

I used to use this method for storing my ssvs. It's nice and easy to store, and there isn't really a limit of how many ssvs you can have at once since you can always just place a second chest. The other issue is they can sometimes be lost by accidently breaking shulkers/chests. Espeically for players with /break, chests with these items can be broken on accident, resulting in players frantically trying to pick them up. Clear lag may be done at this time, and if your ssvs are still on the ground unfortunately they can disappear.

3. Storing SSVS in your enderchest
Pro: Easy access through an echest or if you have a rank using /ec
Pro: VERY Secure - Only you can access your enderchest
Con: Space (only 27 slots)

This is one of the most ideal methods of storing your ssvs. Your enderchest is yours only, and no one else can access it. It's also very accessible through a command or an enderchest, so you don't have to go to a chest/shulker to grab your ssvs. The one con with this is you only have 27 slots. So if you're like me and have more than 27 ssvs, you won't be able to store all of them in one enderchest. Plus players sometimes also like to store other items aside from ssvs in their enderchest.

4. Storing SSVS in your Private Vaults (/pv)
Pro: Secure and easily accessible with one command
Con: Must have the private vault perk

This is my current storage method of keeping my ssvs and in my opinion is the most ideal. Using one command (/pv #) you can open what is essentially a larger enderchest to store items such as ssvs. But unlike an enderchest each private vault can hold 54 slots, and with 7 private vaults that's over 350 slots to store your ssvs. Now I don't know anyone that has 350 ssvs (if you do I'd love to speak with you) so this is plenty of space to keep your items. It's secure, only you can access them. So if you got the private vault perk from perk keys, this is the best way to go.

Hopefully this helps players find ways to store their precious items. As you can see none of the methods are perfect, with each one having some cons, but some of them are better than others. :mc_79-0:

awesomeboy__

Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
cool post! i personally use chests because i like labelling things ;) i dont have them locked bcuz im too lazy and no one has stolen it for like a few months

Now I don't know anyone that has 350 ssvs (if you do I'd love to speak with you)
Hello o/ you spoke with me earlier! jk im ssv poor! also fluffy has like 500 and theres a lot of people with 100+

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
358 108
This is part two of my forum posts of tips on survival. The first one was on how to prevent season vault items from disappearing from glitches, which if you haven't read can be found here.

In this post I'll go over different methods of keeping/storing your season vault items, along with the pros and cons of each storage method. I'll list these in order of my least preferred to most preferred.

1. Storing SSVS in the Season Vault (/vault)
Pro: Secure. No one can access your season vault other than yourself.
Con: Super glitchy and difficult to use. Items can be easily lost in glitches.

Out of these four storage methods this is my least favorite. While it is secure since only you can access the vault, it is very glitchy. There are always constant support tickets of players losing their item(s) when using the vault. The reason is the season vault is not meant to be used regularly. The vault should only be used at the very end of the season and start of the season for transferring ssvs between seasons. Other than that, steer clear of the vault.

2. Storing SSVS in shulker boxes/chests
Pro: Allows easy access by carrying the in a shulker box in your inventory. If stored in a chest it also allows for easy access
Pro: Other players can access these shulkers/chests if two players are sharing the same ssv item
Con: Other players can access these shulkers/chests if two players are sharing the same ssv item
Con: Shulker boxes can be lost to clearlag when broken and chests can be accidently broken sometimes

I used to use this method for storing my ssvs. It's nice and easy to store, and there isn't really a limit of how many ssvs you can have at once since you can always just place a second chest. The other issue is they can sometimes be lost by accidently breaking shulkers/chests. Espeically for players with /break, chests with these items can be broken on accident, resulting in players frantically trying to pick them up. Clear lag may be done at this time, and if your ssvs are still on the ground unfortunately they can disappear.

3. Storing SSVS in your enderchest
Pro: Easy access through an echest or if you have a rank using /ec
Pro: VERY Secure - Only you can access your enderchest
Con: Space (only 27 slots)

This is one of the most ideal methods of storing your ssvs. Your enderchest is yours only, and no one else can access it. It's also very accessible through a command or an enderchest, so you don't have to go to a chest/shulker to grab your ssvs. The one con with this is you only have 27 slots. So if you're like me and have more than 27 ssvs, you won't be able to store all of them in one enderchest. Plus players sometimes also like to store other items aside from ssvs in their enderchest.

4. Storing SSVS in your Private Vaults (/pv)
Pro: Secure and easily accessible with one command
Con: Must have the private vault perk

This is my current storage method of keeping my ssvs and in my opinion is the most ideal. Using one command (/pv #) you can open what is essentially a larger enderchest to store items such as ssvs. But unlike an enderchest each private vault can hold 54 slots, and with 7 private vaults that's over 350 slots to store your ssvs. Now I don't know anyone that has 350 ssvs (if you do I'd love to speak with you) so this is plenty of space to keep your items. It's secure, only you can access them. So if you got the private vault perk from perk keys, this is the best way to go.

Hopefully this helps players find ways to store their precious items. As you can see none of the methods are perfect, with each one having some cons, but some of them are better than others. :mc_79-0:
I dont have SSVs *sad noises*

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
Hii!

I always used my enderchest, I like having SSV’s on me at all times. I swapped to pvs after because 27 slots just wasnt enough. I like using PVs and a locked chest in a private warp. Both seem very safe and good to me :D

dresden72

PATRON
dresden72
dresden72
Patron
Ratings
./pv is the way to go. If you go inactvie for 30 days, your Vaultables will still be safe. I assume you can access it everywhere? (Sorry new to ManaCube, from MV).

jcody_parker

PATRON+
jcody_parker
jcody_parker
Patron+
Ratings
72 1
Now I don't know anyone that has 350 ssvs (if you do I'd love to speak with you) so this is plenty of space to keep your items.
I only have 180, but I only started here in October 2020. I use PV's also. Love having them organized and able to be grabbed at any time with a command. Left mine in there all season with no issues. I know of 2 people with 500+ but I'm not sure if they want it to be known or not so I can't disclose that info :confused:

I'm curious though, if you have a video recording of the items you put into Reset Vault will you be able to get them back if they disappear after reset?

Great write up, it's nice for players to have info like this when they don't know who to ask for the right info. Players seem to have mixed views on how secure "/vault" is.

awesomeboy__

Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
I only have 180
Dam, I need a few more to pass you B)

I'm curious though, if you have a video recording of the items you put into Reset Vault will you be able to get them back if they disappear after reset?
If you have evidence of owning the season vault item, along with showing the ID, the item should be replaced.

Players seem to have mixed views on how secure "/vault" is.
Before /vault was very buggy, but it is confirmed that it is safe to place your season vaults in /vault now.