Suggestion - Make Void Logging Bannable

Octaviene

VIP
Octaviene
Octaviene
VIP
Ratings
32 5
On KitPvP, there is a plugin that causes one's items to respawn on the last solid block they were standing on if they are killed by the void.

However, a few creative players have found ways to circumvent this plugin by exploiting the combat log plugin by logging out in combat in the void in order to destroy their items as this would not count as a death by void, thereby bypassing the effects of the void kill plugin.

I think this is unhealthy for the community for several reasons:

(1) It is an exploit meant to circumvent a plug-in. I don't believe that this interaction is intentional. Using one plug-in to bypass the effects of another plug-in is unfair and gamebreaking.

(2) It results in a closed economy. If the rich have the option to deny the poor loot and resources, then the rich will continue to get richer, and the poor will not be able to climb up.

Observe how in these two videos, each kill was fairly earned, but void logging was exploited in order to deny the killer the loot.

Please make this bannable. It is not a good game design and only advantages the rich who have backup loadouts. It only makes gameplay more perilous for the poor. A better system would be one in which loot continues to be circulated post mortem so that the economy remains saturated with gsets.

Last edited:

XxHandOfGodxX

ELITE
XxHandOfGodxX
XxHandOfGodxX
ELITE
Ratings
13 1
Yeah it is getting out of hand the void is ment to give you're items after killing someone that is why the plugin is there, but because of this newfound exploit good people who work hard for a kill are being robbed every time they try to kill someone whether its pearls, soups, diamond armor, diamond swords or other items. they can not receive them do to this injustice.

Octaviene

VIP
Octaviene
Octaviene
VIP
Ratings
32 5
I’d like to address some concerns raised by a helper on the discord server.

I would like to first and foremost assure the staff team that this will not be difficult to moderate at all! All that is needed is recorded evidence similar to the two aforementioned examples provided in YouTube links.

However, players do not need to stare into the void to catch the use of the exploit! If you referred to the videos, you will see that combat logging causes a message to pop up in chat, which immediately indicates that void logging has occurred. This is further supplemented by the fact that the items do not spawn on the last solid block the player was standing on, which is what would normally happen as a result of the plugin which manacube employs.

It would be a part of the recorded evidence. In both clips I presented, the exploiter is seen being knocked into the void, followed by their combat log message in chat, and further substantiated by the absence of their items respawning on the last block they were standing on.

No! It is a fact that not all players record xD

But the same can be said about offenses such as hacking and exploiting bugs to get deliberately kicked from combat.

The offender is only caught when someone makes a choice to record.

By implication, I do not see why one should find the fact that not everyone records to be a problem for this specific offense and not for other video evidence reliant offenses such as hacking and freezing minecraft in void or the like.

The burden of providing evidence has always been on the player and not the staff member.

@kxies I hope I’ve answered your question thoroughly, and proven that it is indeed possible to moderate such an offense if it is to be made one. This is further supported by the fact that I’ve caught two such cases in the span of one day, as can be seen in the aforementioned examples.

However, there is no point catching someone if there is no rule against the offense.

Make void logging an offense! >:D

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
I dont really understand what the big deal is of losing a set. If you can grind to get one, then just do that again. It's part of the game that you'll be losing gear to players who want to be annoying.
I think banning them for doing this is completely outrageous lmao! A better solution would be to make the items of someone who combat logged drop on the last block they were on. Kind of like they do for void jumping
Kit season 11 cant be too far away, and I bet they wont be having a void after this season lol! So any solution just has to been enough to make it to then, and adding rules like this to ban people would be worthless at that point.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
I dont really understand what the big deal is of losing a set. If you can grind to get one, then just do that again. It's part of the game that you'll be losing gear to players who want to be annoying.
I think banning them for doing this is completely outrageous lmao! A better solution would be to make the items of someone who combat logged drop on the last block they were on. Kind of like they do for void jumping
Kit season 11 cant be too far away, and I bet they wont be having a void after this season lol! So any solution just has to been enough to make it to then, and adding rules like this to ban people would be worthless at that point.
This was what I thought too :D, just couldn't bring it from my brain onto text lOL

Octaviene

VIP
Octaviene
Octaviene
VIP
Ratings
32 5
Allow me to clarify:

The implication of this is that all players are able to perform this exploit. This leads to gameplay where individuals fight to destroy gear rather than to acquire gear. As mentioned earlier in my first post, this is unhealthy for the economy as it disincentivizes fighting in the first place and puts the rich at a significant advantage since they can afford to have sets destroyed.

A better solution would be to make the items of someone who combat logged drop on the last block they were on. Kind of like they do for void jumping
This was what I thought too :D, just couldn't bring it from my brain onto text lOL
Good ideas! Perhaps the server could have a trigger for combat logging below a certain y level to cause the items to respawn on the last solid block.

Any idea how we can get this implemented?

Razrah

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Cibrg
Cibrg
Patron+
Ratings
200 41
Yes this should be bannable as soon as possible. As long as someone can record and supply proper evidence, this shouldn’t be allowed. The point of killing someone is to get their gear, especially when in diamond, and when they just run and log in the void, it makes everything pointless.
Like Octaviene said, there are rich players, with PV’s of sets and if they are about to die they obviously won’t care as much abt the set so naturally they try voiding their sets, so if someone less rich tried killing them, they wouldn’t get anything - which is terrible.

I mean look in that video with _aleksi_, you think aleksi is broke? No he has sets therefor he didn’t care and knew he was dying so he made it so beatdowns couldn’t get any of his gear, which defeats the purpose of even fighting in the first place. Which shouldn’t be the case.

Either remove the void or make void logging bannable

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
The implication of this is that all players are able to perform this exploit. This leads to gameplay where individuals fight to destroy gear rather than to acquire gear. As mentioned earlier in my first post, this is unhealthy for the economy as it disincentivizes fighting in the first place and puts the rich at a significant advantage since they can afford to have sets destroyed.

Any idea how we can get this implemented?
I still don't see the problem though. Take like, me for example. I have 3500 kills with only using kit fight. I'm sure the amount of Gsets I could have bought/made is more than 1 which is how much you lose to someone jumping into the void to destroy the gear. I'm not defending them, I think it's annoying as heck, but I see it as like, getting stuck at a red light. It's best if it doesn't happen, but it does are you just gotta wait a bit longer.

For the new 'rule' system thing to be added, I think they'd need to have a cord checker, which could result in a ton of lag that kit really doesn't need, or they can add some kind of barrier at I don't know, y50, and when people pass through it, they get tp'ed 2 seconds back. Or they use the same thing they use already, just link it to combat logging.

Octaviene

VIP
Octaviene
Octaviene
VIP
Ratings
32 5
For the new 'rule' system thing to be added, I think they'd need to have a cord checker, which could result in a ton of lag that kit really doesn't need, or they can add some kind of barrier at I don't know, y50, and when people pass through it, they get tp'ed 2 seconds back. Or they use the same thing they use already, just link it to combat logging.
. . . Or they can just add the rule, and leave the burden of providing evidence to the players . . .

Razrah

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Cibrg
Cibrg
Patron+
Ratings
200 41
I still don't see the problem though. Take like, me for example. I have 3500 kills with only using kit fight. I'm sure the amount of Gsets I could have bought/made is more than 1 which is how much you lose to someone jumping into the void to destroy the gear. I'm not defending them, I think it's annoying as heck, but I see it as like, getting stuck at a red light. It's best if it doesn't happen, but it does are you just gotta wait a bit longer.

They wouldn’t have to add a cord checker to fix it. It’s extremely obvious when someone void logs - a recording would be enough evidence to prove. Just like hacking, the Anticheat isn’t going to catch most hacks right away, but recordings are what get them banned.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
They wouldn’t have to add a cord checker to fix it. It’s extremely obvious when someone void logs - a recording would be enough evidence to prove. Just like hacking, the Anticheat isn’t going to catch most hacks right away, but recordings are what get them banned.
you didn't read all of this thread lol!

. . . Or they can just add the rule, and leave the burden of providing evidence to the players . . .
I still think that a ban, a full player ban, for destroying loot is ridiculous. Part of the game is to figure out how to get an advantage over other players, and by limiting their loot, you do better. It's like getting raided in factions, you lose your stuff, it's part of the game.

Razrah

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Cibrg
Cibrg
Patron+
Ratings
200 41
you didn't read all of this thread lol!

I still think that a ban, a full player ban, for destroying loot is ridiculous. Part of the game is to figure out how to get an advantage over other players, and by limiting their loot, you do better. It's like getting raided in factions, you lose your stuff, it's part of the game.
I’v killed like 5 people to the void in the last week and guess how much stuff I got from it?
Nothing. Idk how that’s fair

Razrah

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Cibrg
Cibrg
Patron+
Ratings
200 41
And yes you mention of you get raided in factions you lose your stuff, BECAUSE the enemies are taking it. On kit, nobody is getting it

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
I’v killed like 5 people to the void in the last week and guess how much stuff I got from it?
Nothing. Idk how that’s fair
new meta: kill kit fights to get a Gset, then target kit fights to get rich. don't chase and target others that are just going to jump into the void
try that out? :shrug:

Razrah

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Cibrg
Cibrg
Patron+
Ratings
200 41
new meta: kill kit fights to get a Gset, then target kit fights to get rich. don't chase and target others that are just going to jump into the void
Your trying to tell me to STOP fighting other guys in diamond? Lmao. That’s kitpvp. There is squads and teams that go against eachother. I jump people that aren’t with the squad to try to secure dominance of KitPvP. And that’s the most fun part about it.
and it’s so annoying when you abuse a plugin and log in void to stop enemies from getting your stuff after they just wasted your resources fighting. It makes fighting almost pointless
This should be made bannable or make it so even if you log your items to back up somehow.

You clearly don’t play kit lmao

Octaviene

VIP
Octaviene
Octaviene
VIP
Ratings
32 5
And this is where we disagree. You’ve chosen to take a rather unconventional view: that kitpvp is about grinding kills on noobs to progressively become powerful.

I disagree. I think that kitpvp should be about pvp. I think attacking stronger players and circulating loot around the economy should be incentivised.

The kitpvp that you envision consists of a bunch of diamonds all teamed together against a bunch of irons who will inevitably quit the server or never grow into gset level gameplay.

Why?

Because what happens when an iron jumps in gset? He gets jumped by all the diamonds!! XD

And if he’s skilled enough to kill some of them? They void the loot! He gets nothing! What a scam!

And if they kill him and he voids it? The cost is hardly the same when comparing the entirety of a new player’s wealth to a fraction of a rich player’s wealth. Think on that.

Xulon

ELITE
Xulon
Xulon
ELITE
Ratings
18 4
All I've learned from this thread is nothing lol. Its extremely simple what Octaviene says I dont see any problems with it? And comparing the 12 seconds waiting at a redlight to 30-90 minutes of grinding kills depending on how many players are online is extremely longer and more time consuming!

Last edited by a moderator:

XxHandOfGodxX

ELITE
XxHandOfGodxX
XxHandOfGodxX
ELITE
Ratings
13 1
Another Potential solution is to change how items drop in the first place. Instead of having items drop like when you kill someone perhaps a Temporary chest can spawn Or an entity that allows you to collect it without items glitching, falling into void, clear lagging, or noobs logging out with it. I also agree that when people PvP especially me. I want the loot from the people I have conquered as it makes me feel better when I have everyone's stuff.