4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
I have been trying to save up cubits recently, and I've come across a big problem that makes this task quite difficult. The number of people trying to buy cubits far exceed the number who are selling. And because of this high demand of cubits, the prices are inflating very quickly which makes it harder on people trying to buy cubits since it costs a lot more money to buy them.

This is why I have an idea of adding a money to cubit trade in /shop. Cubits can be traded for money or vice versa. The trading price can also be adjusted for controlled inflation so it stays at a reasonable price. This way people buying and selling cubits don't have to worry about the lack of demand.

My one concern about this idea is how it will affect the number of cubits in circulation. The total number of cubits slowly goes up over time because of voting, but this isn't a problem because the number of total players is going up. But creating this trade this /shop will almost certainly result in a sudden increase in cubits in circulation, which will create an imbalance. If this happens at a big enough scale, it could actually deflate the cubit price, which wouldn't be good. I was thinking this problem could be solved by capping the number of cubits you can buy per day (ex. Max 1 cubit/day).

This whole idea may be a little confusing, so if you have any additional questions about my idea I'd be happy to go more into detail. I'm thinking of eventually creating a suggestion, but I wanted to see what other thought about it first.

4thForce:mc_79-0:

Last edited:

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Hey 4thForce!
You've spoken about this idea before and whilst I totally understand where you are coming from its not a good idea, I like the thought but it would both devalue cubits as well as the entire server wide cubit economy. What makes cubits value is both the real world value and the scarcity of them. If players could exchange actual in game cash the server would lose large amounts of money. This is why this change will never be viable as it would make acquiring cubits far too easy as we are already lucky to have a currency which translates for free to the Server store. I think you absolutely knock one of the issues of this idea on the head

My one concern about this idea is how it will affect the number of cubits in circulation. The total number of cubits slowly goes up over time because of voting, but this isn't a problem because the number of total players is going up. But creating this trade this /shop will almost certainly result in a sudden increase in cubits in circulation, which will create an imbalance. If this happens at a big enough scale, it could actually deflate the cubit price, which wouldn't be good. I was thinking this problem could be solved by capping the number of cubits you can buy per day (ex. Max 1 cubit/day).
I guess my question for this would be is what do you think is a good limit to exchange cash to cubits per day. Also who would decide the price that cubits are exchanged for?

How to get Cubits

I thought I would try and share some of the tips I use to buy cubits from players.​

1. Watching chat. I actually am a firm believer that the amount of cubits potentially for sale far exceed what people think, the difficulty lies in acquiring all these small sources of cubits into your account. Within watching chat you should take the opportunity to teach players how to get cubits. Almost all players ask how to earn money quickly and from there you can teach them to vote and sell you the cubits. For me this is both a fun way to help people get started and earn cubits. With this technique you can also get to know people who will directly sell to you when they vote.
2. Looking out for the voting messages,
1598161951332.png

These messages indicate people who have just voted on the server. One thing to note is these messages are global so you can be on Survival and someone voting on Atlas will show up. However you should try /msg -ing these names as you can find newer players who do not interact with chat and get them to sell cubits directly and only to you.

3. Advertising but without a price. One of the biggest mistakes at least in my eyes is advertising the price you are buying for. Instead of saying you saying you buy cubits for 50k per 0.01 you should simply advertise that you are buying cubits for "The best price". This keeps your price a secret and also means people are likely to approach you for your price. It also means sometimes you can get really sweet bargains.

These are just some of the ways you can get cubits and in my personal opinion it's all about paying attention to chat and building up relationships with newer players who will continually sell cubits to you. I know this isn't exactly what your thread is about but these are some of the tricks I've used to buy cubits for the base price and acquire a lot of them.

Really interesting idea can't wait to hear back from you!

Raptor

Katiekanji

PATRON
Katiekana
Katiekana
Patron
Ratings
21 1
I feel as though this would make the value of cubits drop :/ but I see where you are coming from o: