Survival ./warp pvp Arena Ideas

TWBearCraft

ELITE
TWBearCraft
TWBearCraft
ELITE
Ratings
On survival ss9, ./warp pvp has received a little criticism for being a bit small and uninteresting to play in. I thought I'd have a go at developing a better arena and possibly propose it to staff with a few new mechanics to get people back into pit, as this season it's been almost empty.

I've spoken to pvp-main players and taken their feedback into account in my build and ideas as listed below.

- The grass flooring will be replaced with textured materials so as not to interfere with pvp
- The ladders are narrower, so as to make escaping pit more difficult, and tall enough so the springs ce can't jump out
- To further entice players to visit random loot could appear in a random chest, for example the following:
- Totems of undying
- Golden apples
- Vanilla enchantment books & potions
- Small money or mana pouches

LATER EDITS:
- Spectator mode option to view pvp?
- Revert to items dropping in ./warp pvp pit
- Steps removed incase of lag issues trapping players

The pit is 100% my build and I would happily provide updates to it going forwards to keep it fun for players, especially around christmas / halloween or other events where a small update could make it more fun. I'd be happy to see it implemented on survival, whether that be at spawn or in its own cube or world with no keep-inventory feature.

I've received support from players on survival who like the idea and I'd appreciate it if it got some consideration from staff, ty <3

Attachments

Last edited:

L0rd_GrIm

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
L0rD_GrIm
L0rD_GrIm
Patron+
Ratings
93 9
I like the idea, few more things that I would like to see is a glass floor on top of the pvp arena or maybe introduce a spectator command or add a portal that puts players in spectator that can watch the pvp without interfering with players since some players like to watch it too and its not as fun if you are risking in dying from just wanting to watch people pvp. Another thing is properly check the safe zone area since in current pit there are areas inside the pit [next to ladders] where player is invulnerable and cant get damaged. Another thing I`d like to see is people not being able to leave the pit while combat tagged and also removal of the spam in chat for when you are combat tagged. And last wish I and many others would like to see is item drops being enabled in pvp.