Sketchinqq

Dedicated Member
MVP
Sketchinqq
Sketchinqq
MVP
Ratings
66 3
I have been seeing that there has been a fairly large issue revolving around people swearing on the Manacube Parkour server. It would be nice to get a filter around all forms of the n-word, and more strong rules against excessive use of swearing and/or rude behavior. Just a suggestion but i would love the chat to be more friendly towards kids who are 10-13, and i think the staff should be more strict to people who do not abide by the chat rules.

:confused:please don't give me shit about this i want serious replies only.

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
Yes I agree with this, I never understood why the n-word is allowed without the r, it would definitely make chat more friendly towards 10-13 year olds if swearing isn't going to be blocked

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Agreed but a lot of 10-13 year olds swear on manacube so idc about this but would love to see the n word types be blocked.

Cedis ♡

MVP
Cedis
Cedis
MVP
Ratings
49 5
I just think the 'n' word with an 'r' AND an 'a' shouldn't be allowed on any server period, but it is. A lot of people don't agree with it, but unless the whole server complains to xDacon, then it's not likely to be changed ... sadly.

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
as far as i know, the n-word ending with an "-a" is seen as nothing more than slang in the eyes of staff. Ending it with an "-er" is a slur and the staff sees it that way; therefore it's a punishable offense. however, just as with any other chat-based rule, if you overuse the n-word ending with an "-a", you'll most likely get muted.

while swearing isn't necessarily against the rules, it can be punishable if overused or if used to purposely offend someone. if a player is swearing and it bothers you, be sure to /report them in-game and if a staff member doesn't reply, then collect evidence so that you can file a player report here on the forums. also be sure to /ignore the player if their behavior bothers you :)

Cedis ♡

MVP
Cedis
Cedis
MVP
Ratings
49 5
as far as i know, the n-word ending with an "-a" is seen as nothing more than slang in the eyes of staff. Ending it with an "-er" is a slur and the staff sees it that way; therefore it's a punishable offense. however, just as with any other chat-based rule, if you overuse the n-word ending with an "-a", you'll most likely get muted.

while swearing isn't necessarily against the rules, it can be punishable if overused or if used to purposely offend someone. if a player is swearing and it bothers you, be sure to /report them in-game and if a staff member doesn't reply, then collect evidence so that you can file a player report here on the forums. also be sure to /ignore the player if their behavior bothers you :)
N-a is just an alt use of n-r and shouldn't be allowed, especially on the Skyblock server and maybe the rest, like parkour.

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
N-a is just an alt use of n-r
correct. if you think that the phrase shouldn't be allowed then you're more than welcome to send a private message to a senior staff member. if you're convincing enough and have a lot to back up what you're saying, then eventually a poll would most likely be released to get the community's opinion on whether or not the rule should be altered.

Sketchinqq

Dedicated Member
MVP
Sketchinqq
Sketchinqq
MVP
Ratings
66 3
correct. if you think that the phrase shouldn't be allowed then you're more than welcome to send a private message to a senior staff member. if you're convincing enough and have a lot to back up what you're saying, then eventually a poll would most likely be released to get the community's opinion on whether or not the rule should be altered.
Thanks! I might do this ^-^

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Staff is very aware of the controversy here, but it seems unlikely anything will change.

Ray (instanding)

MVP+
Creeperboy1161
Creeperboy1161
MVP+
Ratings
31 1
I believe they used to have a filter around the n-word, but someone suggested to remove it because they couldn't say the word "night". For example, good night, etc... But I am not 100% sure, however, I do believe there should be a filter on racist speech throughout all game modes.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Personally, I have 2 opinions on this. Yes, a filter would help a great deal, but as mentioned above it may prevent players from saying unrelated words, and may just cause more problems than it solves. But, I personally feel a filter isn't really necessary, as the punishment for a first offence of hate speech is a straight 3 hour mute, and staff crack down on it when we see it, or when a player reports it.

We're expanding our views on hate speech as it's such a broad subject now, and we want players to feel comfortable and have an enjoyable time on ManaCube. Like Tas has mentioned above, I think a filter is unlikely to be added (at least in the near future), but I do appreciate this debate, and it's helpful to see players' opinions on the topic.

Ratings
19 6
I have been seeing that there has been a fairly large issue revolving around people swearing on the Manacube Parkour server. It would be nice to get a filter around all forms of the n-word, and more strong rules against excessive use of swearing and/or rude behavior. Just a suggestion but i would love the chat to be more friendly towards kids who are 10-13, and i think the staff should be more strict to people who do not abide by the chat rules.

Yes I agree too AnnieoL

Ratings

I agree

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Personally, I think anyone who wants to express themselves with a curse, even if it's the n-word (slang with an A, not slur with ER, intentionally offensive slurs are completely different), can and should. There's many ways that children can hide curses if they don't want to see them, including disabling chat or using a mod like TabbyChat that filters certain words client-side. However, it would be nice to have a toggleable command such as /swears or /filter that would turn the filter on and off for them, so anyone who doesn't mind cursing can see full, uncensored chat, while those with sensitive eyes can hide the potentially offensive content.

daniel.

MVP+
vaen
vaen
MVP+
Ratings
125 3
i disagree i believe cursing is a form of expression and revoking that right is unfair. additionally, it's a stress reliever when you're raging as you struggle to complete a single neo so that's a bonus.

ItsRainingMen101

Dedicated Member
Unascertained
Unascertained
Ratings
49 2
i disagree i believe cursing is a form of expression and revoking that right is unfair. additionally, it's a stress reliever when you're raging as you struggle to complete a single neo so that's a bonus.
I feel swearing only brings bad influence to your tastes in friends and music, personally I believe swearing shouldnt be allowed on these types of servers since all swearing does is mostly either start arguments or stress you out more. Swearing is less of a stress reliever but more of a type of way of getting attention in an aggressive way. I also personally believe devs should actually work on the chat filter since its completely useless and all it does is filter words you said unnintentionally. (E.G. someone is using an alt.)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I feel swearing only brings bad influence to your tastes in friends and music, personally I believe swearing shouldnt be allowed on these types of servers since all swearing does is mostly either start arguments or stress you out more. Swearing is less of a stress reliever but more of a type of way of getting attention in an aggressive way. I also personally believe devs should actually work on the chat filter since its completely useless and all it does is filter words you said unnintentionally. (E.G. someone is using an alt.)
It also filters certain swear words that are never okay.