Tasks Update/Rework.

L0rd_GrIm

PATRON+
L0rD_GrIm
L0rD_GrIm
Patron+
Ratings
83 8
First off all this is all an idea from @Gillyox so the credit goes to him he was just little lazy to post it :) so cut him some slack.

1. We got all these NPCS at spawn.. and I know that they have some purpose already by commands.. so we have : Shopkeeper: /Shop (traveler lookin dude with backpack) Coinflips: /cf (Barista guy shaking his drinks) Enchant wizard: /ce (wizard) Blacksmith: Dwarven blacksmith Kilton: /kilton now and I know you guys already knew this but so I was thinkin.. instead of having these 2 tasks on the tasks board which sometimes can become really annoying.. so how about we give each of those npcs a specific 2 tasks for their own..
    • so the Shopkeeper is a shop owner, so we can give him general tasks like we have got on this current task board already.
    • for the coinflip NPC we know hes a barista whose shakin his drinks all tha time, but to make those shakes he could want to have crops sometimes, so we can give him farm tasks (harvest so many wheat or so many potatoes etc).
    • the enchant wizard wants most of tha time xp for his custom enchants, so what if his tasks could be gather and donate xp? or kill a certain amount of mobs.
    • the blacksmith needs ores and minerals to craft his armor and tools, so we can give him tasks like mine a certain amount of iron or other ores.
    • Kilton likes his souls and mob heads. So kilton can give out simple tasks like kill a certain amount of mobs or sell certain amount of heads to him. (even could be specific heads from a mob like sell 300 cow heads etc)

If we give each of those NPCS like 2 tasks each like the task board has and you can do as many as you want like you can do now.. and maybe for rewards instead of these useless reward chests.. each of them give a reward chest and give rewards that are specific to them.. so for example for blacksmith and for the enchant wizard they can give rewards like fragments or cores/xp/mana/money or even ce's etc.. and for shopkeeper and coinflips maybe they can just give mana or money or general rewards.

Instead of having 2 annoying tasks.. you can choose what kind of task you want to do like killing or farming or work on general tasks. This way this would hopefully make it more "fun" and you decide what kind of task you`re in the mood for! It will still be grindy but it will also give the NPCS a little bit of personality and more purpose to what they currently are used as.
Post automatically merged:

my view on this is I really like the idea and here are few more opinions of mine for it that I got while reading Gillys idea.

Barista: donate potions
Mininer: Make isles have a specific ore for so the Isles can be traversed more by the players that want to finish the tasks for this NPC this could increase more trafic in the isles too so they are not barren and people only focuse on mob drops.

Kilton NPC: Wanting specfici heads for tasks would also make other spawners useful and not fully useless. He could also ask for different mob drops maybe for his "shop" since he sells rare goods.

Coinflip guy: his Task can also be Winning or Losing certain amount of Money/Mana or winning or losing certain amount of coinflips. This would make coinfliping more interactive between players too and the resources would go around more.

Remove the option to be able to access the tasks from anywhere and the jobs these guys offer and make players actually visit these NPCS, since besides New players and PVPER`s that gather at spawn there is not that many people there so often this would make spawn more interactive too and make it more fun to meet people at spawn who want to take similar tasks.

Maybe also introduce marry tasks since the marrige system is little bit useless.

Make the Tasks still progressive like now so there is a little bit of challenge at latter stages where you need to donate or do more to complete the task like now.

And introduce the fisher NPC also for these tasks so fishing is not left out and instead of getting fishing task every 2nd task this would make it more fun for those who enjoy fishing too since they can be selective if they want to go fish that day or do another type of Job for tasks. This NPC can have Catch x amount of this name fish. Donate x amount of fish or earn x amount of fish points before the task expires.

@Pinguinooo Since you are our Survival creative director would be cool to get views on this very good suggestion that Gilly came up with <3

Iamstingrae

QA Team
iAmStingRae
iAmStingRae
QA Team
Ratings
As someone that does A LOT of tasks, I love these ideas. We have had the same task system for 2 season now on Survival and it is getting very repetitive. I really like the idea of making the tasks themed to the specific NPC's although I'm not sure about only having access to the tasks in spawn. I tend to forget what they are, especially if I'm working on multiple things at once so maybe setting it up so you can "accept task" and have some sort of command to see your active quests.
As far as the rewards for tasks, maybe make the rewards increase in value as the difficulty of tasks or the player's task levels increase? I cry a little every time I get a beacon or anvil now but these items were fine in the beginning.

L0rd_GrIm

PATRON+
L0rD_GrIm
L0rD_GrIm
Patron+
Ratings
83 8
As someone that does A LOT of tasks, I love these ideas. We have had the same task system for 2 season now on Survival and it is getting very repetitive. I really like the idea of making the tasks themed to the specific NPC's although I'm not sure about only having access to the tasks in spawn. I tend to forget what they are, especially if I'm working on multiple things at once so maybe setting it up so you can "accept task" and have some sort of command to see your active quests.
As far as the rewards for tasks, maybe make the rewards increase in value as the difficulty of tasks or the player's task levels increase? I cry a little every time I get a beacon or anvil now but these items were fine in the beginning.
tbh for ranked players beacon and anvil is useless since we get beacon in mvp+ kit and we got /anvil + with being able to buy resources in /shop or just buy the whole item for little to no money its underwhelming

Gillyox

PATRON
Gillyox
Gillyox
Patron
Ratings
Well first of a big thanks to @L0rd_GrIm to writing this post for me I really appreciate it! I am also glad to see that people like my idea!

I have been thinking about a way for a better reward system regarding the tasks since no-one really likes how it is right now. So how could we possibly improve this in a way that everyone likes and will find doing tasks worth it and make it actually more fun to do so?

Well my idea is to make the rewards somewhat similar to how the boss rewards are, and no I dont mean the rewards after killing 1 boss, but the reward after having killed 500 bosses. The rewardsfor that is a custom title, a wardrobe and an SSV. All those rewards are making players to still go to those bosses every so many hours, even though they win not so gud stuff for only having killed that 1 boss.

So what if you give rewards similar to that but to the specific NPC's having given those tasks to you to grind. And after having done about 1 or 2k of those tasks for that specific NPC, you will get a reward like a custom title and/or a custom SSV fitting that NPC you have done all those tasks for. This will make it more worth it for players to grind those tasks AND this will make players use those commands more often which will make the people more known about the NPC's and what/who they are!

So mah idea simplified is:
- Shopkeeper= After having done 1k-2k tasks for him you get: title and perhaps a fun wardrobe like his backpack? with a fun SSV like a sell wand or sommin else fun.
- Coinflip NPC Barista= After having done 1k-2k tasks for him you get: title and perhaps a fun wardrobe like his hair or sum? with a fun SSV like his shaking cup which is a fun potion?
- Enchant wizard= After having done 1k-2k tasks for him you get: title and perhaps a fun wardrobe like his hat? with a fun SSV like his staff?
- Blacksmith dwarf= After having done 1k-2k tasks for him you get: title and perhaps a fun wardrobe like his backchest? with a fun SSV like his blacksmith hammer?
- Kilton= After having 1k-2k tasks for them you get= title and perhaps a fun wardrobe like his head? with a fun SSV like their cloak?

Rewards for finishing 1 task I like @Iamstingrae 's idea to progressively improve the rewards over time. The harder and the longer a task takes will need better rewards in return. So implementing that too in the tasks would do great!

What are your opinions about this and do you agree with these possible reward improvements? keep in mind im not saying all these rewards needs to be implemented, a part of these possible rewards are already things a player would be willing to grind for I'd say.