caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
I can officially say that the death of mapmaking is upon us. What happened to the healthy community we worked to foster? Now every time I see a map submission, I'm greeted by nothing but people post farming. and saying empty platitudes like "Good luck!" and "W". It's all nonsensical. No one gives criticism on maps anymore, no one bothers to test a map to give their honest opinion and thoughts. The whole scene is just fake and this community is dead

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
we need to update the server

nickclosed

Forum Expert
PATRON+
nickclosed
nickclosed
Patron+
Ratings
306 10
I can officially say that the death of mapmaking is upon us. What happened to the healthy community we worked to foster? Now every time I see a map submission, I'm greeted by nothing but people post farming. and saying empty platitudes like "Good luck!" and "W". It's all nonsensical. No one gives criticism on maps anymore, no one bothers to test a map to give their honest opinion and thoughts. The whole scene is just fake and this community is dead
I was told you quit :O

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
Those post farming don't even play Parkour anymore
you are literally the post farmer in question "good luck". you don't contribute anything to any post. if someone asks to trade you comment "good luck trading" like shut up, its so unnecessary. Was blocking you on discord not enough or something for you to get a hint

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Those post farming don't even play Parkour anymore!. I think @sophiaaah <3 should teach them how to play Parkour and test maps some day! :(
yeah you are the direct problem I was referencing. it's just clutter to comment "Good luck!" on a map submission when criticism is much rather preferred

nickclosed

Forum Expert
PATRON+
nickclosed
nickclosed
Patron+
Ratings
306 10
Is it allowed to post farm?

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435

BlackBird552

VIP
BlackBird552
BlackBird552
VIP
Ratings
Might as well jump into the conversation as well. As much as I'm not a very active forum member in here and also a pretty fresh one as well, everytime I want to comment something on a parkour map submission post I try to give my honest feedback and I play the map myself to get better notes. Sometimes what I write is short if I have no notes, or it's very long if I have certain issues that I find. I was saying only GL in the beginning but since I became more active on the server I try to play the map and give my honest review as I mentioned before.

I have to admit that only saying "Good Luck" on a post and nothing else is indeed infuriating since instead of a constructive opinion that might help me get an accepted map, I get 2 words that don't help me at all. Which in terms makes me question other random people on the server what view they are having on my map. It really isn't helpful at all imo. Glad someone made a post about this so I can venture out my opinion on here.

BlackBird552

VIP
BlackBird552
BlackBird552
VIP
Ratings
I don't play Parkour and I quit after falling 500 times on an easy map. So imagine testing hard maps and giving my opinions o_O
You can always give out your opinion about the build or the parkour structuring as an example and give notes on that based if the submission contains imagery of the map provided. It would be at least more helpful than a simple good luck. I've heard that word more times while playing Geometry Dash than the word "the" in my entire life.

Last edited:

EwoutV

ELITE
EwoutV
EwoutV
ELITE
Ratings
80 4
good luck with this thread :)

<Inktest>

Forum Expert
ELITE
Inktest
Inktest
ELITE
Ratings
228 6
I don't play Parkour and I quit after falling 500 times on an easy map. So imagine testing hard maps and giving my opinions o_O
So don't give them? No one is forcing you to reply to every post for some internet points, which by the quality of your posts are close to worthless, it's like playing an afk tycoon game and saying you are pretty good at it.

Let's do some quick calculations, you started farming posts consistently the 13th of July 2023 (198 days ago), which took me 5 min to scroll back on your posts, sometimes taking 15 pages to go through a single day. And currently have 2598 posts, making for an average of 13 posts a day consistently for half a year, which would probably show peaks of 50+ per day if shown in a graph (which I'm not willing to do due to the shear amount of posts).

What for? These messages contribute little to nothing to the post, from the parkour side of things, wishing good luck or saying a map looks good or is very creative having little to no experience with parkour or building parkour maps only hurts forums, as the long good and honest reviews have been replaced with 2 to 4 words with no meaning at all, if anything it's just lying to the map creator saying the map has chances when, most of the cases, even if it hurts, it has zero chances of being accepted (It just takes going to the rejected maps and going to any post to see your replies).

You forum grinding just annoys everyone, it doesn't bring anything valuable to the discuission, and is just pointless. I honestly don't know why you do this, if it's to be recognised in a community, you're doing it the wrong way, as ur being recognised for being irritating. Also it doesn't help that you go after certaing people, like for example sophia, who is tired of you writing passive-aggresive comments and messaging her on discord all day even tho she has you blocked (won't post pic out of respect).

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
So don't give them? No one is forcing you to reply to every post for some internet points, which by the quality of your posts are close to worthless, it's like playing an afk tycoon game and saying you are pretty good at it.

Let's do some quick calculations, you started farming posts consistently the 13th of July 2023 (198 days ago), which took me 5 min to scroll back on your posts, sometimes taking 15 pages to go through a single day. And currently have 2598 posts, making for an average of 13 posts a day consistently for half a year, which would probably show peaks of 50+ per day if shown in a graph (which I'm not willing to do due to the shear amount of posts).

What for? These messages contribute little to nothing to the post, from the parkour side of things, wishing good luck or saying a map looks good or is very creative having little to no experience with parkour or building parkour maps only hurts forums, as the long good and honest reviews have been replaced with 2 to 4 words with no meaning at all, if anything it's just lying to the map creator saying the map has chances when, most of the cases, even if it hurts, it has zero chances of being accepted (It just takes going to the rejected maps and going to any post to see your replies).

You forum grinding just annoys everyone, it doesn't bring anything valuable to the discuission, and is just pointless. I honestly don't know why you do this, if it's to be recognised in a community, you're doing it the wrong way, as ur being recognised for being irritating. Also it doesn't help that you go after certaing people, like for example sophia, who is tired of you writing passive-aggresive comments and messaging her on discord all day even tho she has you blocked (won't post pic out of respect).
COOK INK

Mr_DagALkeef_B7

Forum God
VIP+
Mr_DagALkeef_B7
Mr_DagALkeef_B7
VIP+
Ratings
534 98

It's funny how you're trying to publicly discredit me. I'm not gonna argue about Sophia, because that has already been discussed with staff. Also, she can make a player report at [https://manacube.com/support/open] if she wishs

Regarding the Parkour posts, I'm not a map judge. Everyone can give their feedback with +1 or -1, but this doesn't mean it will be accepted or rejected. Hayley and Shin have the decisions on that

Regarding the forums, there is a very cool feature in XenForo if you don't know, it's [Ignore User], which you won't see a user's posts anymore. Life is easy! :)

<Inktest>

Forum Expert
ELITE
Inktest
Inktest
ELITE
Ratings
228 6
It's funny how you're trying to publicly discredit me. I'm not gonna argue about Sophia, because that has already been discussed with staff. Also, she can make a player report at [https://manacube.com/support/open] if she wishs
The main point was you annoyed some people, I just mentioned sophia because it's the case I'm most familiar with.

Regarding the Parkour posts, I'm not a map judge. Everyone can give their feedback with +1 or -1, but this doesn't mean it will be accepted or rejected. Hayley and Shin have the decisions on that
That is good, the main point of posting map threads publicly is so the community, regardless of whether they play parkour or not, can give their opinion and express how they feel about a map, I agree it doesn't have to be the top players who give the best opinions, and the less experienced players are who give the most valuable ones, as they are mana's target audience.

The thing is yours is not good feedback, it's not even feedback. If you posted a map and all u got was "good luck" what would you get from it? "Good luck getting it accepted cause it's bad"? It doesn't give valuable feedback, it's just a very quick way of racking up posts.

Regarding the forums, there is a very cool feature in XenForo if you don't know, it's [Ignore User], which you won't see a user's posts anymore. Life is easy! :)
It's a cool feature, but even if I [Ignore] you, it won't stop you from going back to your regular schedule of posting in all kind of threads and getting your post count up, which by the way, increased by 2 (not counting this post).

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 295

Heyo just a little bit of help with the ampunt of posts it was about 70-100 a day at the peak