Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 9.22.40 PM.png

Last edited:

YeedogYT

MVP+
Zurido
Zurido
MVP+
Ratings
Im pretty sure floating parkour isn't allowed anymore, and there should be a main build, but otherwise good work

Herobrineapril

Ratings
36 11
Both of these comments aren't mentioned in the rules which is kind of unfair if this is true. Plus i've played over 100 parkour maps and i've seen many builds that literally have no 'main build'. You can describe our type of maps as adventure type maps.

Last edited:

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
731 81
Both of these comments aren't mentioned in the rules which is kind of unfair if this is true. Plus i've played over 100 parkour maps and i've seen many builds that literally have no 'main build'. You can describe our type of maps as adventure type maps.
maps should have a main build. If you're playing maps on the first few pages those maps are old and different than newer maps, which have a main build.

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
360 108
Username: Herobrine april
Map Name: The Getaway
Plot: 1
Coords: x= -20079 y= 72 z= -14011
Difficulty: Medium

4 checkpoints and ~70 jumps
Discord: Herobrineapril#7476

Note: I'm not sure if the map should be medium or hard so
View attachment 59251
I.. I can't lie but I hate this build.. sorryyyy (sophia has it summed up)

Herobrineapril

Ratings
36 11
maps should have a main build. If you're playing maps on the first few pages those maps are old and different than newer maps, which have a main build.
Well thats too bad that they don't have a themed maps anymore. I mean you could technically say that the biggest ship is the main build. There's still the problem that they didn't specify that point. Plus I really don't see why there needs to be a 'main build', whatever that means. You could have different interpretations of what a main build is. To me this rule just limits creativity, now all you have are statues of characters to parkour on. Your not able to enter a scene to parkour on.

YeedogYT

MVP+
Zurido
Zurido
MVP+
Ratings
All new maps have a main build and floating parkour is generally not allowed as it makes the build look messy. Scroll to the newest maps and you will find that they have very little floating parkour, and are centred around a big main build or theme.

Herobrineapril

Ratings
36 11
All new maps have a main build and floating parkour is generally not allowed as it makes the build look messy. Scroll to the newest maps and you will find that they have very little floating parkour, and are centred around a big main build or theme.
that's unfortunate

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
thanks a lot, i needed that. everyone's been pretty harsh on it.
Hiya! I am not a map judge this is just my opinion. I don't think this is a bad first attempt at a map in the slightest as there is real promise shown in this. However I also don't think you should shut down the criticism with invalid points like "I don't really see why there needs to be a main build". But I agree that the ship is the main build in this case and idk what people are talking about when they are saying that there isn't a main build. But the other points are completely valid. The parkour is simply not up to the quality that is required on modern parkour and the floating parts do detract form the build. Please take some time to try out some of the more modern maps and fly around /warp beta to see the quality you need to reach to get an accepted map.

Herobrineapril

Ratings
36 11
"The parkour is simply not up to the quality that is required on modern parkour and the floating parts do detract form the build."

When it comes to floating, usually they floating has a purpose but yeah when you leave the first ship, i didn't know to connect it to the second one, so i just did floating on air but the rest are blaster shots and rubble from the blown up ship. But ye, might be good for me to rethink that transition from the two builds. Thanks for the feedback!

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Floating parkour is allowed on manacube aslong as it doesn't detract from the build and look messy. The biggest issue of this map is the lack of parlour variation

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello herobrineapril,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
Your theme is original so good job on that!
The build however is too basic, it is messy and lacks detail. Scaling the build up will help with depth of the ships and allow you to add more detail. The colors are very bland, I recommend placing different shades of blocks to show shading! To help see the quality of build you need to get accepted I really recommend going to /warp beta and having a little fly around!
The parkour also has some issues. Floating parkour is allowed; however, it isn’t allowed if it detracts from the build which in this case it does. The parkour itself is repetitive and this type of parkour is no longer accepted on Manacube. The number of jumps on this map is also too high for a medium map. Anywhere between 40 and 55 jumps is good for a medium map. To learn about jump variation please read this:https://manacube.com/threads/basics-parkour-variance-and-self-constraint.78459/ [Bin]

With that aside I would like to address some of the discussion in this thread.
-Yes, we do have older maps with repetitive parkour and no build. This style of mapmaking has since been discouraged, and as mentioned, you can do /warp beta to find examples of what maps follow Manacube standard nowadays.
-Make sure you have read our wiki which has some map-making tips: https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps

when you mean varied, you mean it needs to be a completely new style of jump every jump?
Not every jump, but avoid like using 2-3 fences in a row (just an example.)

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.