The Mishandling of the Cubit Duping Situation

AZNCreeper

ELITE
AZNCreeper
AZNCreeper
ELITE
Ratings
65 3
As many of you may know, a player came on to the server a few days ago with what is believed to be thousands of duped cubits. I, unfortunately, was amongst the first few people to receive any of these duped cubits so I did not suspect them of being cheated in. With roughly 200 cubits in my /cubit bal, I was able to buy myself Elite and extend that generosity to other players by sending them cubits for ranks and other items in the manacube shop.

My attempted generosity led to unforeseen consequences. Since I spread duped cubits to other players, staff had a harder time tracking down and removing the false ranks, items, and cubits that were in circulation. In fact, duped cubits are still circulating the economy due to them being tough to track down.

Following the incident, I had my Elite rank stripped and the duped cubits removed from my balance. This is fair, and I completely supported that action. However, staff has also punished me by taking away my 25.44 hard-earned cubits too—for spreading cubits that, again, I didn't know were duped, I was stripped of the rest of my legit cubits. This, to me, is completely unfair as I was not aware of the scale of this situation and had believed that I was just lucky to have received so many cubits.

Others on the server (Oasis) have also had cubits and in-game money taken from them as punishment for their interactions with the player—I write this on their behalf as well. Staff should not have taken away anything from us that we had earned ourselves prior to our involvement in this situation.

Attached below is my support ticket in which I explained my situation in greater detail. Additionally, a staff response is included as justification for their actions.

You may agree with me, or you may disagree with me, but I feel that staff should rightfully compensate the affected players who were punished for their transactions involving these cubits. If you made it this far, thank you for reading, and feel free to comment below regarding support or criticism of my thoughts.

Gebv

ELITE
Gebv
Gebv
ELITE
Ratings
29 1
I totally agree with you, that is not a fair decision and no one knew he duped them, he said he was buying them from the store and it was no way for anyone to know if he duped them. I am gonna be honest, I really wanted some but I was "unlucky" and didn't get any, I do not think this is a fair decision and people paid billions for them.

This should be treated differently by staff and all the stuff that was taken from the players in an unfair way and hard-earned stuff should be given back.
Much love

-0esL

Ratings
7 1
While I understand where the staff are coming from, there is a certain lack of empathy at present here. I think they are not considering the fact that you were also a victim, who happened to be quite generous to others. Them punishing your generosity is like them saying, because you weren't selfish, you get punished. Hope you get your cubits back bb <3

Healed

ELITE
HealedStudent
HealedStudent
ELITE
Ratings
11 3
It would be insane not to return these cubits. You are punishing someone for something they did not do. If someone had given me cubits and I spent / sold them unknowingly that they were duped, why should I be punished for spreading them? Your lack of security allowed these member to be in this situation and now they are having to eat these cubits/money. I understand you guys handle admin work/ maintenance so its not a big deal but for the members who grind and put hours on end to this server it is.

LadyBugStar

ELITE
LadyBugStar
LadyBugStar
ELITE
Ratings
Hey AZN

I understand how messed up it is. I really do. And its not fair to punish you and the others for it. But the minds seem set and setting other people up against staff isnt gonna cut it man. I lost 9bil and i have to deal with that too. Ill try and gather some cubits to compensate you for your loss as far as i can.
Kind regards
Dutchy
9bil isnt anything compared to 25 cubits sorry to say
--
In my opinion AZN should get his cubits back, it isn't fair that a certain player got extra than they were supposed to, and then AZN gets his taken? how is this fair? How was AZN to know they were fake? And that the player set this up? Staff should look further into this, as to me this is improfessional.

Healed

ELITE
HealedStudent
HealedStudent
ELITE
Ratings
11 3
--
In my opinion AZN should get his cubits back, it isn't fair that a certain player got extra than they were supposed to, and then AZN gets his taken? how is this fair? How was AZN to know they were fake? And that the player set this up? Staff should look further into this, as to me this is improfessional.
100%, money is generated, cubits you have to vote for ages and try to buy some.

sofiesweet

ELITE
sofiesweet
sofiesweet
ELITE
Ratings
i 100% agree, they shouldn’t have taken peoples hard earned cubits away. it’s not like you knew he duped them, and gave away free stuff to make it harder for staff. you were being generous, and wanted people to have a good experience. i really hope everyone gets their stuff back </3

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
--
I didnt intend to say it was anything alike. It was just to imply that he wasnt alone. Im gonna try and compensate as much people as i can.

Gebv

ELITE
Gebv
Gebv
ELITE
Ratings
29 1
Hey AZN

I understand how messed up it is. I really do. And its not fair to punish you and the others for it. But the minds seem set and setting other people up against staff isnt gonna cut it man. I lost 9bil and i have to deal with that too. Ill try and gather some cubits to compensate you for your loss as far as i can.
Kind regards
Dutchy
You should be happy for this post, an opportunity to get your money back! But instead you go against it, I see absolutely no reason for you to answer like that.

-0esL

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
You should be happy for this post, an opportunity to get your money back! But instead you go against it, I see absolutely no reason for you to answer like that.

-0esL
Hey 0esl,

I never implied I wouldn't be happy and I'm not going against the idea of getting stuff back.

I just had some convos with staff and I don't think they will be returning the stuff. I don't say I agree with it and he does deserve to get his cubits back. I also never meant to compare generated money with cubits. I was trying to say he wasn't alone and that I would try to compensate him. My message wasn't meant to be about me being poor or me wanting empathy because 'i also lost 9bil'. The meaning of that message was to let him know I will try and help him get back to his old cubit balance as far as I can.

Regards
Dutchy

Wallamelon

MVP+
Wallamelon
Wallamelon
MVP+
Ratings
I Upvote this.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Hey!!

I've skimmed through the responses on this thread and saw how players feel about it. I'd like to say that this is obviously a really annoying situation for staff to deal with. We shouldn't have hundreds of duplicated cubits circulating, as this will greatly influence the server. I really understand that players are upset because something got taken away from them that they were gifted and ofcourse really happy about. As a Skyblock Mod, I would personally like to apologise for the trouble this has caused anyone and I would like to thank people who are understanding/supportive.

I hope you all have a great day!!! <3

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
Hello,

I am very sorry that you feel this way over this situation. As you already know, the duping situation was extensive, involving lots of cubits, money, items and many many players. Several staff members, including myself and the owner Dakota, have spent a significant amount of hours on this situation, tracking down the cubits, money and items in order to return what we can and remove what was duplicated.

In your situation, you were given 200 duped cubits and immediately you decided to use them to buy ELITE and send the rest out to players. You would have known the cubits were suspicious and yet you decided to use them up straight away without informing a staff member of the situation. You did have control over this situation, you could have reported the 200 cubits to staff and asked for their legitimacy to be verified but you didn't. This thread proves that you knew exactly how you could contact staff, you had the knowledge of the server and report systems, but you did not use them.
As I have already explained, when it came to removing these cubits, you did not have the full 200 that were given to you. These cubits were passed all over the server to the point where we couldn't find them all. For this reason, we did not return all the cubits that you claimed were legitimate. This is because we cannot track these duped cubits down and therefore cannot prove if you hid them on friends or alt accounts.

In regard to other peoples situations. We have worked very hard with a few players and have returned items, money and cubits that were legitimate and lost. Two players, unfortunately, were not able to be given a full refund for a significant purchase of 100 cubits for 8b, however, we did return 4b which is what we could find from extensive searching. As with all thefts and scams, we cannot always return everything and that is why as a player, you should always be careful of the deals you make and agree to. Some of these cubit deals that were made were cheap and highly suspicious and yet players decided to go for them instead of reporting. As I have mentioned, we did do our very best to support all these players but in future, please all be careful.

Hopefully, this response gives you all some clarity on the extensive lengths of time many staff have put into this situation. It was a huge duping case and will unlikely happen again this season. The issue that caused it has be resolved, we have returned as much as we can and we will continue to look out for suspicious behaviour on the server just incase any more lost items reappear.

Best Wishes,
Sunset

Gebv

ELITE
Gebv
Gebv
ELITE
Ratings
29 1
Hello,

I am very sorry that you feel this way over this situation. As you already know, the duping situation was extensive, involving lots of cubits, money, items and many many players. Several staff members, including myself and the owner Dakota, have spent a significant amount of hours on this situation, tracking down the cubits, money and items in order to return what we can and remove what was duplicated.

In your situation, you were given 200 duped cubits and immediately you decided to use them to buy ELITE and send the rest out to players. You would have known the cubits were suspicious and yet you decided to use them up straight away without informing a staff member of the situation. You did have control over this situation, you could have reported the 200 cubits to staff and asked for their legitimacy to be verified but you didn't. This thread proves that you knew exactly how you could contact staff, you had the knowledge of the server and report systems, but you did not use them.
As I have already explained, when it came to removing these cubits, you did not have the full 200 that were given to you. These cubits were passed all over the server to the point where we couldn't find them all. For this reason, we did not return all the cubits that you claimed were legitimate. This is because we cannot track these duped cubits down and therefore cannot prove if you hid them on friends or alt accounts.

In regard to other peoples situations. We have worked very hard with a few players and have returned items, money and cubits that were legitimate and lost. Two players, unfortunately, were not able to be given a full refund for a significant purchase of 100 cubits for 8b, however, we did return 4b which is what we could find from extensive searching. As with all thefts and scams, we cannot always return everything and that is why as a player, you should always be careful of the deals you make and agree to. These cubit deals that were made were cheap and highly suspicious and yet players decided to go for them instead of reporting. As I have mentioned, we did do our very best to support all these players but in future, please all be careful.

Hopefully, this response gives you all some clarity on the extensive lengths of time many staff have put into this situation. It was a huge duping case and will unlikely happen again this season. The issue that caused it has be resolved, we have returned as much as we can and we will continue to look out for suspicious behaviour on the server just incase any more lost items reappear.

Best Wishes,
Sunset
+1

AZNCreeper

ELITE
AZNCreeper
AZNCreeper
ELITE
Ratings
65 3
Hello,

In regard to other peoples situations. We have worked very hard with a few players and have returned items, money and cubits that were legitimate and lost. Two players, unfortunately, were not able to be given a full refund for a significant purchase of 100 cubits for 8b, however, we did return 4b which is what we could find from extensive searching. As with all thefts and scams, we cannot always return everything and that is why as a player, you should always be careful of the deals you make and agree to. These cubit deals that were made were cheap and highly suspicious and yet players decided to go for them instead of reporting. As I have mentioned, we did do our very best to support all these players but in future, please all be careful.

Best Wishes,
Sunset

Hi Sunset,

I would like to start by apologizing for the inconvenience, and that I do not wish to argue further. I also thank you and the team for trying to sort out this whole situation.

One part of your response that I do not agree with is when you stated: "You would have known the cubits were suspicious and yet you decided to use them up straight away without informing a staff member of the situation." As pointed out in my initial post, I was not suspicious whatsoever because I was amongst the first people to interact with the player. Additionally, Oasis has seen a fair share of generosity this season alone with players buying others rank ups. I was bound to view this as yet another act of generosity. I hope you can understand this.

I would also like to point out that some staff also shouted thanking the player for his generosity. Players and staff alike were fooled by his actions.

Sinre_

ELITE
Sinre_
Sinre_
ELITE
Ratings
Hi Sunset,

I would like to start by apologizing for the inconvenience, and that I do not wish to argue further. I also thank you and the team for trying to sort out this whole situation.

One part of your response that I do not agree with is when you stated: "You would have known the cubits were suspicious and yet you decided to use them up straight away without informing a staff member of the situation." As pointed out in my initial post, I was not suspicious whatsoever because I was amongst the first people to interact with the player. Additionally, Oasis has seen a fair share of generosity this season alone with players buying others rank ups. I was bound to view this as yet another act of generosity. I hope you can understand this.

I would also like to point out that some staff also shouted thanking the player for his generosity. Players and staff alike were fooled by his actions.
I'd like to add that the player was claiming he was purchasing the cubits from the website because he had "just received his paycheck". multiple staff were on during this time and none whatsoever extended any amount of concern as to where the cubits were coming from. we were all fooled yes, this was a crappy situation for everyone. I don't agree that you ridicule and blame people for being tricked by a player who had a good reputation with everyone and has no previous instances of scamming or duping such as this.