Triece

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Triece
Triece
Patron
Ratings
101 6
Completely agree, these suggestions have been brought up multiple times and the staff team have said they would take them into consideration yet no change ever seems to happen. Eventually ending up in the thread being closed.

I also completely agree with this as the new void doesn't allow people to clutch their pearl and have a chance in surviving which takes away some of the fun during fights on the server.

To anyone that reads this the staff will probably not make any of the changes straight away as everytime people have asked staff ( Sarah / Sunset ) it was always the same reply that the staff have not even thought about it yet. And everyone can only assume that it would take a long time for any really big changes to happen.
I hope this thread wouldn’t get locked, defeats the purpose of forums posting

Quick

Forum Expert
ELITE
Quick_Silver_
Quick_Silver_
ELITE
Ratings
214 20
Deadass couldn't have said it better. Thanks for bringing an awesome overview and awareness to aspects of the kitpvp community and game. Yessir

Triece

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Triece
Triece
Patron
Ratings
101 6
I like the void aspect but it should be a little easier to clutch or wait for ur pearl to land so it should be a bit longer, also anticheat is a must
I can see why some people would like the void, but personally, I don't think a void works well for any kitpvp server. Especially on here where you can sit in a safe 1x1 or 3x3 box and bow people into the void as much as they want

Triece

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Triece
Triece
Patron
Ratings
101 6
Good noon,

I read through your post and it is very detailed and informative. Personally, I am not a kit player, but taking a look through what you wrote, I believe that it is a good suggestion. This could gain some more traction if you forward this to staff or kit-staff. I'd suggest LilKayla since she's awesome at forwarding issues and suggestions to admins. Right now, other servers appear to have resets coming up soon, but I'd like to see this happen in the future.
Thank you for your reply, I understand how other servers are currently in the process of getting resets and some servers like factions have monthly resets. Kitpvp in my opinion is in need of a reset the most but I also don't play any other servers than kit, so any input from players outside kitpvp is appreciated as well.

Samara__

ELITE
Samara__
Samara__
ELITE
Ratings
77 5
Thank you for your reply, I understand how other servers are currently in the process of getting resets and some servers like factions have monthly resets. Kitpvp in my opinion is in need of a reset the most but I also don't play any other servers than kit, so any input from players outside kitpvp is appreciated as well.
Right now, Creative players are also begging for an update as well because the tools we use are buggy and many commands don't work, or the commands promised were never given. The only fixes I saw over all was the fix for Creative randomly crashing and a minor GUI wording change (minevast.com changed to manacube.com) in /help. There may have been more behind the scenes, but people are screaming for /plot download to work.

I have hope for Creative, Kit, and a few other servers of being fixed. If you look in the #updates, these servers have their "turns". Now to 12/16/2020 was mainly Survival and Factions, then a little bit of Kit followed by a whole slew of Factions. Then before that is mainly Parkour and Survival, then before that is Survival and Factions. tl;dr Updates come in waves hopping server to server.

The trend of these updates tend to focus on Survival and Factions. I'm willing to bet that those bring in the most people, then in turn make the most money as well as have the most traffic and moderation. There is no reason to be shaking your arm and yelling though! Since these servers most likely make the most money, if they improve these then more people would buy ranks. This money can be used to hire another dev to only work on any combo of Creative, Islands, Olympus and Kit.

All in all, if no one pushes for improvement on Creative or Islands, they might be deleted within the next two years.

Triece

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Triece
Triece
Patron
Ratings
101 6
Right now, Creative players are also begging for an update as well because the tools we use are buggy and many commands don't work, or the commands promised were never given. The only fixes I saw over all was the fix for Creative randomly crashing and a minor GUI wording change (minevast.com changed to manacube.com) in /help. There may have been more behind the scenes, but people are screaming for /plot download to work.

I have hope for Creative, Kit, and a few other servers of being fixed. If you look in the #updates, these servers have their "turns". Now to 12/16/2020 was mainly Survival and Factions, then a little bit of Kit followed by a whole slew of Factions. Then before that is mainly Parkour and Survival, then before that is Survival and Factions. tl;dr Updates come in waves hopping server to server.

The trend of these updates tend to focus on Survival and Factions. I'm willing to bet that those bring in the most people, then in turn make the most money as well as have the most traffic and moderation. There is no reason to be shaking your arm and yelling though! Since these servers most likely make the most money, if they improve these then more people would buy ranks. This money can be used to hire another dev to only work on any combo of Creative, Islands, Olympus and Kit.

All in all, if no one pushes for improvement on Creative or Islands, they might be deleted within the next two years.
Factions obviously is an important gamemode for any server that has it due to its popularity and potential income. I think kit’s active numbers matchup well against factions even while factions gets monthly resets and Kit has to wait years. I obviously don’t know specifically how much more money something like factions makes compared to kitpvp but it’s due to the fact that kitpvp shouldn’t be a p2w game, but also there’s been nothing remotely close to being worth buying crate keys for in these kitpvp crates over the last months

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Yesss

OllieSutty

ELITE
OllieSutty
OllieSutty
ELITE
Ratings
72 36
Factions obviously is an important gamemode for any server that has it due to its popularity and potential income. I think kit’s active numbers matchup well against factions even while factions gets monthly resets and Kit has to wait years. I obviously don’t know specifically how much more money something like factions makes compared to kitpvp but it’s due to the fact that kitpvp shouldn’t be a p2w game, but also there’s been nothing remotely close to being worth buying crate keys for in these kitpvp crates over the last months
I know sunset+dacon used to take suggestion when she was making the crates for kitpvp. Dacon has also said to some players whilst creating the crates that he was contemplating removing them completely as he doesn't want to change the rarity of some of the old items ( punch 3 being one of the main items ) and that he was not sure of what else to add, this was because he was just getting negative feedback from the items that were being added. I do believe that if he was to add the items that players wanted it would most definitely make the server p2w which goes against what you said "kitpvp shouldn't be a p2w game" however I do agree that they should be adding more beneficial items to the crates if income was the reason for lack of updates on the kitpvp server. However I would assume that this wasn't one of the factors for this.

MiixedAxel

PATRON+
MiixedAxel
MiixedAxel
Patron+
Ratings
13 1
I think the fishing system should be expanded, and more profitable giving players a potentially peaceful path to wealth. Fishing poles should have an upgrade system similar to the harvester hoe on factions which will allow you to catch more, and more rare fish. As well as a possibility to fish out keys.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
I think the fishing system should be expanded, and more profitable giving players a potentially peaceful path to wealth. Fishing poles should have an upgrade system similar to the harvester hoe on factions which will allow you to catch more, and more rare fish. As well as a possibility to fish out keys.
No. Just make it plain vanilla. It was perfect the way it was.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
The trend of these updates tend to focus on Survival and Factions. I'm willing to bet that those bring in the most people, then in turn make the most money
just wanted to comment on this because I'm slightly triggered.. lol (not 'cause of you, but because of the updates)
Dacon has said that Factions is not able to support itself financially ever since they 'removed p2w'. Gamemodes like Survival, Skyblock, Parkour, and Olympus pay for the costs. The reason Factions gets a ton of updates is because they have monthly resets and a dedicated manager for the game mode.
Survival, while I don't play it much, I can guarantee it doesn't bring is as much money as Olympus does. I believe the reason they get so many updates is that they have a large, active, and vocal community as well as active staff.

Not to make this a competition of which server needs the most help, they all do, but if this 'profit = attention' was true, then Olympus would be bug-free, yet it's FAR from it.
1609989270556.png

Last edited:

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy Homies,

I have been reading over this post every now and then because I truly love seeing the players being active when it comes to making suggestions to better our server. I just wanted to note a few things if that is okie dokie.

The reason why Factions has so many things in #updates is because of the nature of the gamemode. Like others have said if resets so frequently and we major things every reset. If we did not do this the gamemode would die- with how factions is frequent resets is almost required in order to retain a player base. No gamemode is hated or forgotten about.

Also, I know olympus players are really frustrated right now. I can't really say anything as it is all still a surprise but I promise you we have not forgotten about the reset we talked about. Some things are just taking longer than I think some people expected. I know you guys would like an official message about this from Dacon or the admins but at this time they are more focuses on getting it finished and improving the server as a whole. Thank you for how patient you've been already.

Now to the kitplayers, your suggestions are being read. We've seen staff actively reply to this post and I'm sure they are paying attention to what you say. Thank you for making this thread and bringing more attention to your gamemode.

Triece

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Triece
Triece
Patron
Ratings
101 6
Howdy Homies,

I have been reading over this post every now and then because I truly love seeing the players being active when it comes to making suggestions to better our server. I just wanted to note a few things if that is okie dokie.

The reason why Factions has so many things in #updates is because of the nature of the gamemode. Like others have said if resets so frequently and we major things every reset. If we did not do this the gamemode would die- with how factions is frequent resets is almost required in order to retain a player base. No gamemode is hated or forgotten about.

Also, I know olympus players are really frustrated right now. I can't really say anything as it is all still a surprise but I promise you we have not forgotten about the reset we talked about. Some things are just taking longer than I think some people expected. I know you guys would like an official message about this from Dacon or the admins but at this time they are more focuses on getting it finished and improving the server as a whole. Thank you for how patient you've been already.

Now to the kitplayers, your suggestions are being read. We've seen staff actively reply to this post and I'm sure they are paying attention to what you say. Thank you for making this thread and bringing more attention to your gamemode.
Thank You for your response, I haven't spent much time on Factions or Olympus so I'm not very qualified to speak on those two. However, I've spent a lot of time on kit and can speak well on how Season 10 went (and how it is still going)

You said that Factions would die if not taken proper care of with frequent updates and resets and I can easily understand that being an essential part of factions. My only complaint about what you said from the perspective of a kit player is that the kitpvp gamemode right now is dying, if not already dead in some people's view. The thing is kit is a favored gamemode by many players in the game in general, and it is fairly fun on here aside from the terrible lag/bug aspects of the game that have still not been fixed. And with that, kitpvp still has a decently large number of active players and new players registering everyday. I don't really look at the server statistics too much but I think kit's numbers are not far off from factions, despite the fact that the season is 11 months ongoing and in need of a reset + various fixes. During times of the day kit easily reaches over 80+ players. Right now as I'm writing this I see about 50 players on kit, it rarely gets much less than that, and right now is also an awkward time because it is night time for NA's and there's no EU's online. But, even with the 50 players currently on kit at a low point of the day, it is more players than on islands, which says it has 33 players, only has 20 on tab, and creative which says 33 players, but only has 20 on tab. Right now I'm looking at factions and it says 117 players, I look at tab and it's actually full and you can't see all the players because there's a decent amount of players on. At the same time, when I look at tab, I see over 50 players with the same name but different numbers at the end. I wish I could be over-exaggerating that too had I not actually counted that many.

I'd say the central idea from what I said there is that number is not an issue on kit, but it could be a lot better if taken care of better. Kit has this many players still playing, but so many players not playing due to fixable reasons, so why prioritize kit lower than others? Just because a server like Islands or Creative has fewer numbers and needs fixing does not mean fixing those servers should be more important. Personally, I think that a proper fix on kit (less lag + bugs, a new season, etc.) would heavily revive kit and could be most beneficial to the server.

Pardon the little rant in this reply, any new feedback is appreciated especially from staff members who see the server globally better than I do, thanks.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Thank You for your response, I haven't spent much time on Factions or Olympus so I'm not very qualified to speak on those two. However, I've spent a lot of time on kit and can speak well on how Season 10 went (and how it is still going)

You said that Factions would die if not taken proper care of with frequent updates and resets and I can easily understand that being an essential part of factions. My only complaint about what you said from the perspective of a kit player is that the kitpvp gamemode right now is dying, if not already dead in some people's view. The thing is kit is a favored gamemode by many players in the game in general, and it is fairly fun on here aside from the terrible lag/bug aspects of the game that have still not been fixed. And with that, kitpvp still has a decently large number of active players and new players registering everyday. I don't really look at the server statistics too much but I think kit's numbers are not far off from factions, despite the fact that the season is 11 months ongoing and in need of a reset + various fixes. During times of the day kit easily reaches over 80+ players. Right now as I'm writing this I see about 50 players on kit, it rarely gets much less than that, and right now is also an awkward time because it is night time for NA's and there's no EU's online. But, even with the 50 players currently on kit at a low point of the day, it is more players than on islands, which says it has 33 players, only has 20 on tab, and creative which says 33 players, but only has 20 on tab. Right now I'm looking at factions and it says 117 players, I look at tab and it's actually full and you can't see all the players because there's a decent amount of players on. At the same time, when I look at tab, I see over 50 players with the same name but different numbers at the end. I wish I could be over-exaggerating that too had I not actually counted that many.

I'd say the central idea from what I said there is that number is not an issue on kit, but it could be a lot better if taken care of better. Kit has this many players still playing, but so many players not playing due to fixable reasons, so why prioritize kit lower than others? Just because a server like Islands or Creative has fewer numbers and needs fixing does not mean fixing those servers should be more important. Personally, I think that a proper fix on kit (less lag + bugs, a new season, etc.) would heavily revive kit and could be most beneficial to the server.

Pardon the little rant in this reply, any new feedback is appreciated especially from staff members who see the server globally better than I do, thanks.

Don't apologize at all! I truly understand that we ALL get frustrated when our favorite gamemode does not get the attention we think we should. When I brought up factions life span I was mainly trying to talk about its MAX life span. The majority of other faction servers has maps that are even shorter- I've seen 1 week maps. If we do not have frequent resets people simply won't play- I find that kitpvp has some players who stay because they enjoy Mana as a whole- Factions does not really have players like this minus a few :/

I also don't think servers are really on different levels of priority? They just have to take their respected turns (other than factions) of when they get their updates/resets. By updates I mean major changes to the gamemode- normally more then one at once. Currently Olympus is being worked on so I think it would be a little unfair to be upset at devs/admins/Dacon over other servers not getting reset at the same time. Resets are very time consuming and mentally draining. I believe kitpvp will get it's time again- it might just be a little bit.

As a creative staff I may be bias but- I would like to see creative get a lil attention soon as it has some issues regarding world edit which is fundamental. Not to mention that other creative servers are making the switch to 1.16. Meaning that at some point we also need to update or we simply will not attract new players.

I think that servers that have payout- tend to get more attention simply because money that players can win is involved. I hope this explained some more and maybe added some comfort?

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
Don't apologize at all! I truly understand that we ALL get frustrated when our favorite gamemode does not get the attention we think we should. When I brought up factions life span I was mainly trying to talk about its MAX life span. The majority of other faction servers has maps that are even shorter- I've seen 1 week maps. If we do not have frequent resets people simply won't play- I find that kitpvp has some players who stay because they enjoy Mana as a whole- Factions does not really have players like this minus a few :/

I also don't think servers are really on different levels of priority? They just have to take their respected turns (other than factions) of when they get their updates/resets. By updates I mean major changes to the gamemode- normally more then one at once. Currently Olympus is being worked on so I think it would be a little unfair to be upset at devs/admins/Dacon over other servers not getting reset at the same time. Resets are very time consuming and mentally draining. I believe kitpvp will get it's time again- it might just be a little bit.

As a creative staff I may be bias but- I would like to see creative get a lil attention soon as it has some issues regarding world edit which is fundamental. Not to mention that other creative servers are making the switch to 1.16. Meaning that at some point we also need to update or we simply will not attract new players.

I think that servers that have payout- tend to get more attention simply because money that players can win is involved. I hope this explained some more and maybe added some comfort?
I won’t even lie. I think Admins should consider resetting the season just for the stats. I’ve already spoken to Sarah in regards of a new season and it appears to be a long time coming. Think fast-forwarding to Kit 11 would hold us over until the real new season or Kit 12.

Just a thought. I’m seeing the community get more and more impatient by the day and I think this will at least be enough for the time-being.

OllieSutty

ELITE
OllieSutty
OllieSutty
ELITE
Ratings
72 36
The idea of a new reset, for could help with adding rewards. Like the prison servers if there was "Top killstreak" reward every month. Also it would attract more players, and keep the new players that join as there would actually be something to play towards.

Ratings
6 3
Hello!!
I also agree with this!!
Discord: Jag#3982

Ratings
I couldn’t agree more with Triece. I played kit 9 and tbh, it was way better. Like Triece said; no void, rare punch 2 bows or no punch 2 bows and new anti-cheat. Only thing we need now is staff to wake up and actually put effort in making a good kit map. +1