chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
I'm posting this in all realms by the way.

These are all suggestions, staff does not need to take this seriously if they do not want to.

I'm making this thread because I wanted to both create a safe space for people to talk about the issues going on with worldly matters (specifically the Ukraine and Russia conflict), but I also wanted to talk about how this new sensitivity should bring further aspects to the modding radar.

View attachment 58147

I don't like to make examples of people, so sorry. But this is a perfect example of a chat message that may bring further sadness to those who may be in these situations, because I'm almost certain we have people online from those countries. I myself am not from these countries, but this still made me wildly uncomfortable along with many others on our server (parkour).

Just in case, I am also making this thread, like I said earlier, for those who feel the need to vent about these situations, as well as gain support from others, because we build our peers up, instead of bringing them down.

With these added conflicts come more sensitive topics, I feel like chat moderators should be looking for these types of comments as well as the regular hate speech, spam, etc. I feel that this is pretty self explanatory, but still needed to be said.

Chat moderators and moderators in general do not need to listen to these remarks/tips. But I think that we can all agree that these types of comments should at the least be shunned upon.

Everyone, please stay safe, and have a blessed day :)

-Stephen

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
731 81
it really is heartbreaking to see people being completely insenstive and taking this as an opportunity to get some laughs out of people. wether you're in ukraine, or not, or have family in ukraine or not, it doesnt give anyone the opportunity to make jokes about thats going on. What i heavily dislike about it is that people who make those comments get alot of comeback which they take as an ego boost since they're looking for attention from others. it goes for any troll comments. I've seen several people use the excuse that they're using their jokes as a way to cope with whats going on which is also infuriating since the people making those comments have absolutely no connection to whats going on and they will not get involved anytime soon.

VladdyDaddyPutin

ELITE
StinkyEnderwear
StinkyEnderwear
ELITE
Ratings
5 6
Bruh lighten up I was making fun of vladdy daddy. have a laugh don't take everything so serious. doing my part to help ukrainians by shitting on putin in minecraft........ cut me some slack

Last edited:

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
731 81
Bruh lighten up I was making fun of vladdy daddy. have a laugh don't take everything so serious. doing my part to help ukrainians by shitting on putin in minecraft........ cut me some slack
there are things you can and should joke about and things you shouldn't. its completely heartless and insensitive be making some war jokes and then telling others to lighten up. there are people in a serious crisis who cant sleep with the fear of being killed. they cant think about anything except for their safety, which they have absolutely no control over. Some people have family that's in Ukraine and all they can think about is wanting to know if they family is okay or not. people in ukraine or people with family in Ukraine are experiencing all of this based off some idiot dictator's choice to be a problem. Even if you were making fun of Putin, It doesn't mean its okay. i'm not saying i support putin, i completely hate him but like this isnt something to joke about wether its about ukranians, or russians, or putin.

side note, i dont know what you think making some comment like that will solve. are u expecting putin to just read your minecraft comment and think to himself. "hm, i should stop this war". absolutely not, so i dont know what you're trying to accomplish

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
731 81
I will continue to make jokes until I don't get a reaction from you because that's what I want. LOL notice how short my message was and how long yours and the OPs is LMFAO
lol ok, get muted then, sucks to suck