Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I know this is going to get a bunch of backlash, but let me say what I have to say. I've been in this community since October of 2018, and yes I know that isn't as impressive as some people who've been around longer. However, I find the rude and toxic way some players act isn't acceptable. I understand that the staff do what they can, but I find that a lot of actions go unpunished. Some might say "oh just get over it, this is the internet grow a thicker skin," or to "just ignore it." The truth is, if I were to ignore all the people who were to bother me, I'd be blocking a majority of the people on the server. Maybe I can just ignore some things, but I know that other people aren't okay with how others are acting rude. Also, words DO matter! Some people might think what they're saying is just a joke and something they can talk about. But really, those "jokes" can be harmful towards others and make some people uncomfortable. If you're going to be making jokes that could offend people, move it to DMs or don't say it at all.

Also I believe some players have taken the leaderboard and winning the game far too seriously. This is just a game, there's no reason to act toxic towards other players just because they aren't working as hard as everyone else. I find this extremely appalling, you are essentially defining someone's worth off of a stupid video game and how much effort they put in. Really, the ones who are the winners at the end of the day are people who are accepting, kind, generous and helpful towards others. Being on the leaderboard means nothing, sure you get payouts and your name in that fancy "Hall of Fame" or whatever... but what's more valuable is helping others and making connections in the community. I personally am not here to win, but to strive and become a better person through helping others and making meaningful positive impacts on people's lives. Again, I want to reinforce the fact words to have a lasting impact on others. They can say they don't give a crap all they want, because deep down those words are making them hurt, they just don't want to admit it.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Also wanted to note that this post was not created with the intention to bash specific people but to enlighten those in the community about how their actions and words DO impact others.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Hey!!

I understand that peoples behaviour can be infuriating sometimes and that not everything is seen by staff members. Therefore, I would like to bring up that it would be amazing to report this all the time. I'd rather have more reports and have a busy Manacube day than having someone be hurt by someone elses words. We do what we can but we also need the community to help us <3

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
It’s just words, get over with. Yes it’s going to hurt buts life nothing you can do to stop it.
If enough people care to stop it, then we can do something about it. But by no means am I trying to tell people what to do, this is only supposed to be an informative thing.

Weed_Farm

MVP+
Weed_Farm
Weed_Farm
MVP+
Ratings
38 20
If enough people care to stop it, then we can do something about it. But by no means am I trying to tell people what to do, this is only supposed to be an informative thing.
Mm it doesn’t look like it....

CommonMistakes

Dedicated Member
VIP
Pateu
Pateu
VIP
Ratings
56 1
Finally someone who has the same mind as me. Everytime i see someone in the chat spamming bad words / spamming in messages / swearing etc. At this moment the most easy thing is to get a MC Alt. We cannot fix this problem even how hard we could. I think a chat bot should be implemented so everytime theres a swear word bypassed it will get deleted and you will get a warn / ban

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Finally someone who has the same mind as me. Everytime i see someone in the chat spamming bad words / spamming in messages / swearing etc. At this moment the most easy thing is to get a MC Alt. We cannot fix this problem even how hard we could. I think a chat bot should be implemented so everytime theres a swear word bypassed it will get deleted and you will get a warn / ban
I think that'd be a bit extreme, but I definitely think that some of the staff have been a bit too relaxes... which is somewhat contrary to popular belief.

CommonMistakes

Dedicated Member
VIP
Pateu
Pateu
VIP
Ratings
56 1
Yeah, i see staff too much of relax on chat. Like you see 4 spammers and after 1 hour they aren't banned still.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
We don't ban people for spamming, we mute them. Sometimes, staff are just busy with other stuff. Forums and discord also need some attention or they would be answering helpops/reports. Sometimes, we handle things in ways that other players don't see, like warning them.

CommonMistakes

Dedicated Member
VIP
Pateu
Pateu
VIP
Ratings
56 1
We don't ban people for spamming, we mute them. Sometimes, staff are just busy with other stuff. Forums and discord also need some attention or they would be answering helpops/reports. Sometimes, we handle things in ways that other players don't see, like warning them.
Okay.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I think the best way to correct negative behavior is by handing out warns... but if they continue to act in a negative manner, then they get muted.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
The staff are very much capable, and I do not doubt their abilities... but hey, we're all human and sometimes we miss things or make mistakes.

Bearified.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
aqieh
aqieh
ELITE
Ratings
No matter where you are or what you are doing there will always be toxicity in the world. That is just how some people are. Staff have a very strict guideline that they need to follow when taking action upon someone and words they say. Not only that but staff do not see everything. Hence why there is a #help tap on discord #reports tab as well as a Report player forum page and /report in-game. All of these are seen by staff daily and is punishable, staff will be there. I understand where you are coming from though and I agree that there is some toxicity. Now, and I say this personally. I know how competitive people can be. I am a very competitive person when it comes to video games and a lot of that comes from playing sports all my life. People say "Just don't let it get to you" or "brush it off" and that is a very true thing that you should work on. Now I am not on their side nor am I on yours. I'm just saying that some things you have to let go. People say stuff, that's how it is. Now if something is to be directed to you and they are specifically being rude, disrespectful, racial or attacking you. That is where screenshots and reports really help staff to better the community by taking the correct action. People are the way they are and there is no changing that. But you can always change yourself and how you take things. Such as myself I take everything way too personally even if the other person is joking around, and yes words hurt. People say stuff that hurts people without them knowing daily. But they do not know that they are hurting you so in that situation it is best to ignore it publicly. Or just kindly tell them that they need to take into thought some of the things they say. And how it can make people feel. If they are then toxic after that and bashing you just report them. But do NOT purposely enrage someone just to get a reaction to report. I hope that the community does get better and trust me. Staff do everything they can.

Bearified.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
aqieh
aqieh
ELITE
Ratings
Yeah, i see staff too much of relax on chat. Like you see 4 spammers and after 1 hour they aren't banned still.
Ruben that is because staff have guidelines that they follow. They can't just ban/mute everyone because of 1 thing. Also the staff don't see everything. this is where player reports come in to ensure that if someone is doing something that requires a ban or a mute. That staff will do so correctly.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
No matter where you are or what you are doing there will always be toxicity in the world. That is just how some people are. Staff have a very strict guideline that they need to follow when taking action upon someone and words they say. Not only that but staff do not see everything. Hence why there is a #help tap on discord #reports tab as well as a Report player forum page and /report in-game. All of these are seen by staff daily and is punishable, staff will be there. I understand where you are coming from though and I agree that there is some toxicity. Now, and I say this personally. I know how competitive people can be. I am a very competitive person when it comes to video games and a lot of that comes from playing sports all my life. People say "Just don't let it get to you" or "brush it off" and that is a very true thing that you should work on. Now I am not on their side nor am I on yours. I'm just saying that some things you have to let go. People say stuff, that's how it is. Now if something is to be directed to you and they are specifically being rude, disrespectful, racial or attacking you. That is where screenshots and reports really help staff to better the community by taking the correct action. People are the way they are and there is no changing that. But you can always change yourself and how you take things. Such as myself I take everything way too personally even if the other person is joking around, and yes words hurt. People say stuff that hurts people without them knowing daily. But they do not know that they are hurting you so in that situation it is best to ignore it publicly. Or just kindly tell them that they need to take into thought some of the things they say. And how it can make people feel. If they are then toxic after that and bashing you just report them. But do NOT purposely enrage someone just to get a reaction to report. I hope that the community does get better and trust me. Staff do everything they can.
I do my best to not engage, but I still find it really annoying how people attack me for liking to roleplay cats and other animals, they instantly assume I'm a furry. Last year at school I was drawing cats and one of the boys asked what I was drawing, I said cats... and everyone started calling me a furry. No, how I reacted wasn't good, but it really did hurt, and it still hurts... I know I really should let go of some of these things, but I just can't... I feel terrible because I hold onto all this anger and I wish it'd go away. But nothing can change the fact of how rude people are towards "furries" whether I am one or not.