Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
1 1
  • Username: Nyodex
  • Map Name: Train Robbery
  • Photos: Imgur Album
  • Plot Number: 7;72
  • Difficulty: Expert (Large # of jumps, but I don't believe they're that difficult)
  • Number of Jumps: 182 main-course jumps, 22 hidden/"collectible" area jumps (3 hidden trophy heads; will gladly remove if it causes a problem)

• Extra Notes: There are some signs located around the map that players may have a difficult time reading due to the light gray text. If the colors are to be changed, they're located...
    • On the other side of the gap in the bridge (1)
    • On the eastern side of the mountain w/ Trophy #1 (1)
    • At the end of the train before the drop below the tracks
    • Behind most doors of train cars (6)
    • On barriers near the first, small, coal-carrying cart (1)
    • On barriers near the "random car junk" section (3)
    • Before the maze section on top of a train car (1)
    • Behind the door of the leaning train car w/ Trophy #2 (1)
    • On the back of the mothership w/ Trophy #3 (1)

Last edited:

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Nyodex,

Unfortunately I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is good, and the build is really good, it's detailed and well built, I can see you put a lot of time and effort into it, however the parkour isn't that great.
There were times were it was quite repetitive, for example, a few sections that were just flower pots, or glass panes etc. try and avoid doing this in the future, as it can make the parkour quite boring.
The map was way too long to be an expert, please check this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ so you can see the suggested number of jumps per difficulty.
You did say that the map was long, because the jumps weren't too difficult. The length of the map does not make up for the difficulty. Some of the parkour was quite easy, and overall I feel like it meets the medium/hard difficulty, whereas the length is much too long for an expert, and possibly too long for an insane.
If you're going to make the map an expert, I would recommend increasing the difficulty, and shortening the map quite a bit, since that was the main problem with this map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.