Unban Purchase

Is the ability of being able to buy an unban smart?

• Total voters

FunnykidsCME

MVP+
81stDragon
81stDragon
MVP+
Why is it even possible that you can buy an unban? It is ludicrous that you can purchase this. I said this in chat and got hate received towards me because I said the server is bad for having such an implement. People will not learn from their mistakes and they possibly won't even use this purchase option, but the fact you are wanting to make money off of scammers and cheaters is quite disturbing. I need a host body that is willing to get rid of cheaters and scammers at all costs, not offer them an unban with purchase ability. That's the same as them saying a racial slur and hate speech and then just buying their speaking privilege back even though they could have offended someone greatly. Excuse me for any ignorance I might have toward the topic, but I just read surface level that said you can have any account unbanned or unmuted for just a small purchase and it restarts annual.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Hey!

I completely understand your point of view! However, there are some things I want to bring up about this system to (hopefully) let you see that it isn't all bad.

First of all, our punishements stack. Maybe you have seen this in game already but a second punishment will almost always (some exceptions) be longer than the first. This keeps on going. If they buy an unmute or unban, their next offence would be just as or even worse than the reason they were punished.

Second, players are only able to buy a certain amount of unmutes and unbans in a specific timeframe. This means that they only have a limited amount of chances they can simply buy. Because players usually don't like buying one of these and buy these if they really like to come back, their behaviour might change after buying one. If not, they would not have unlimited chances.

The unbans and unmutes could also be a last resort for people who have tried appealing but for who it didn't work. If they really want to come back to the server, they have this chance. By buying an unmute or unban, they also support our server. By doing this, our server can cover all their expenses.

I hope this made you habe a different look on the feature and that you will never have to buy one.
Have a great day!

Last edited:

FunnykidsCME

MVP+
81stDragon
81stDragon
MVP+
You're making money off of people breaking rules. Its like common day laws practically, but come on were better than that. If they had the audacity to break the rule in the first place, then they shouldn't be allowed to come back especially if they used racial slurs for instance or griefed someone big time. Saying that it is limited doesnt change my perspective on it. Im annoyed that it exists imo. No one could share my opinion, but ill still see it the way I do, even if everyone disagrees.

xlify

MVP
MilkyDoritos
MilkyDoritos
MVP
Ratings
33 3
I completly understand your point FunnyKids but like warlord said, people that couldve been false banned and got their appeal denied the unban can be a last resort. and i guarantee you, if someone hacks and spends money to get unbanned they would be really really stupid to hack and get banned again. thats just a waste of money. they arnt using it to get money but for others to have a last resort with a cost. hope that makes sense.

Weed_Farm

MVP+
Weed_Farm
Weed_Farm
MVP+
Ratings
38 20
You're making money off of people breaking rules. Its like common day laws practically, but come on were better than that. If they had the audacity to break the rule in the first place, then they shouldn't be allowed to come back especially if they used racial slurs for instance or griefed someone big time. Saying that it is limited doesnt change my perspective on it. Im annoyed that it exists imo. No one could share my opinion, but ill still see it the way I do, even if everyone disagrees.
I know you are new and all, but I can you trolling for some reason. It’s like you don’t want to understand the concept of why manacube has the unban and unmute and in most server they have the unban for the same cause. If you truly don’t see why the server does what it does then please keep asking questions. We don’t want players to leave but if you choose to leave them we can’t stop you.

FunnykidsCME

MVP+
81stDragon
81stDragon
MVP+
You're making excuses saying, maybe it was a mistake so its my last resort. Are you hearing yourself? You're making players spend money of a ban that was a complete error and your fault but they have to pay for it, literally. I do understand the concept completely but its stupid and that wont change im sorry.

FunnykidsCME

MVP+
81stDragon
81stDragon
MVP+
Thats why you give them warnings then a ban? You dont say oh we dont like your appeal so just pay to play again. Because now players will probably assume you are just being biased to earn money from people who are dedicated to play. And paying money to rejoin is a way of learning mistakes????? That is just ridiculous. They learn nothing but that they can get unbanned and have to be sneakier. That is it

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
I'm seeing that our system of punishing isn't really understood here. No, we generally don't give out warnings before banning. No, we don't reject an appeal because we "don't like it", and we are not making players spend money.

I find that our punishment system is a really fair one that gives plenty of chances and judges seriousness of their behaviour. When reviewing an appeal, multiple staff members discuss the punishment and come to a conclusion. If we believe nothing wrong has been done, it gets accepted, if we believe the punishment was too harsh or they've been punished long enough, we reduce. If it was completely rightful, it's a reject. We will never reject an appeal just because we want them to buy an unban or unmute. Also, we are not making every muted and banned person to buy this, we are simply giving them the option to. I know that you have your own oppinion on this and you're totally allowed to have this. I'm just giving you a bit of insight to hopefully (re)construct your oppinion a bit as I believe that not every player fully understands how we work.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
I'm stuck in the middle but I am leaning more towards no.

I believe that if you are banned, go make an appeal and show that you are truly sorry and understand why you were banned. You should also state why the thing you did was wrong and how it affected the other players.
As Warlord said, when they review an appeal, multiple staff members discuss and then come to a conclusion. I believe the appeal system is quite fair. If you are truly sorry and understand what you did wrong, along with why it is wrong, I'd say you will have a high chance of getting your appeal accepted/reduced.

On the other hand, if you are really lazy and have extra cash to spend. There's the option of just buying an unban. However, I think there should be a maximum number of 3-5 unbans you can buy for an account. If you get banned 3 times, you probably aren't sorry for what you did. You just want to hack and give yourself an unfair advantage. People like this should not be allowed to play on the server after being given so many chances. If they really want to play on this server, and they understand why they got banned, they should make an appeal. (see above)

this is just my opinion<3
-kxe :D