When is this dev team gonna notice?

Ratings
First of all, I don't speak for myself only, I speak for 85% of the current mana faction community who can think decently.
(oh and sunset, this aint a disrespect, i try to keep it as respectful as possible xxx)

Factions on manacube currently:
-1 week of active gracewarriors (Avarage of 4 active players per faction, only Requiem had more than 5 on most of the time)
-week 2 (tnt) the gracewarriors mining value and the map is dieing already.
-week 3 (tnt) Map is even more dead, half the factions quit cus theres is 1 fac that can survive without placing because they have made enough tnt in grace and mined after, THERE IS NO WAY TO GET MONEY FROM RAIDING IF EVERYONE MINES! Why do we have tntweeks on mana? it feels like 3 weeks of grace.

Here is my idea to make manacube more alive, if you dont listen to this, goodluck in the future you won't see me and my homies again.
- I beg you to make it 5 mans
-Release a 1week map, 4 days of grace and 3 days of tnt NO HIDING VALUE ALLOWED.
-Make rules more relevant, instead of those childish nonsence rules.
-Add a 24.7 outpost with a 1.75/2x sellboost
-Add collector plugin, this 2014 chest selling is annoying and old tech.
-Config the Jar, i understood y'all have Hyperion, if so. Config it so ap's actually work.
-This cane eco works fine, keep it like this.
-Add an actual anticheat.

Ok guys, I know the staffteam doesn't care that much about factions we all chilling on parkour or kitpvp, it's ok but be sure the faction standards are good, and not like this.
Can't you guys see factions on manacube is dieing over and over again? I really enjoy playing mana but it is going downwards more and more...
Thanks for reading this, if you have other suggestions feel free to send it down below.
-Jar

Riffet

Dedicated Member
Ratings
37 5
+ 1.
Jar to be honest, im pretty sure if dacon doesn't like it, he won't add it.
and there isn't much we can do about it ; _ ;

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
Don't know much about face so can't comment on most but the 1 week seasons is unrealistic. Manacube is not only factions. There are 6 other servers that require updates and resets along with facs. The other servers would all love to have 1-2 months seasons like facs but its not possible. Regarding the staff team there is nothing we can do except ask players to apply for staff. It is all voluntary and we cannot force players into staffing. Like I said can't comment on the other things but that's my opinion

Ratings
So you admitted to not having a solid factions staffteam currently?
If you make maps longer than 2 weeks the map will die 100000% i will bet all my money on that one
3 years ago factions had month maps, 3 years ago.
you are ageing, i am ageing, and so is minecraft and so is factions!
Players see no points in playing 2 week maps mostly, all real faction players prefer 1 week or 10day maps

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
If you make maps longer than 2 weeks the map will die 100000% i will bet all my money on that one
Players see no points in playing 2 week maps mostly, all real faction players prefer 1 week or 10day maps
Hey hey!

Like Mike said, Manacube has 6 other gamemodes that need updates and bug fixes too. This doesn’t mean he disagrees with anything you state :)
It simply isn’t reasonable for manacube to have a gamemode to be reset every week at this point.

If you feel like there is a need for more staff on factions there will be a lot of people encouraging them to give it a shot. Every server can use all the help they can get :D

I don’t have any opinion on factions itself eversince I have only played like 1 month in my 7 years of minecraft.

Ratings
Dutchy, this is why they should make a solid staffteam for every different subserver, a parkour staff can't be staff on factions, they should try to get a staff team that really has experience with factions and coding, since what ive seen theres not much changeing in it the dev of facs.

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
Don't know much about face so can't comment on most but the 1 week seasons is unrealistic. Manacube is not only factions. There are 6 other servers that require updates and resets along with facs. The other servers would all love to have 1-2 months seasons like facs but its not possible. Regarding the staff team there is nothing we can do except ask players to apply for staff. It is all voluntary and we cannot force players into staffing. Like I said can't comment on the other things but that's my opinion
I’m going to respectfully disagree with this, and here’s why: On factions, you don’t need a new map with new features every season. it doesn't need to be a new map with new rules every season. All it needs to be is changed to 3 days grace 4 days pvp, and rolled back weekly. I don’t see why this shouldn’t be doable, but correct me if i’m wrong.

Ratings
I’m going to respectfully disagree with this, and here’s why: On factions, you don’t need a new map with new features every season. it doesn't need to be a new map with new rules every season. All it needs to be is changed to 3 days grace 4 days pvp, and rolled back weekly. I don’t see why this shouldn’t be doable, but correct me if i’m wrong.
I didn't say they have to get new features every map, but with this current map it needs a fresh restart with the features factions have at this point, compared to other faction servers manacube factions is living in 2017 with the plugins aswell
I tried multiple cannons here which are from several known cannoners and there was 1 of the 6 cannons that nuked decently.

caleb!

Dedicated Member
ELITE
imageyser
imageyser
ELITE
Ratings
251 8
Dutchy, this is why they should make a solid staffteam for every different subserver, a parkour staff can't be staff on factions, they should try to get a staff team that really has experience with factions and coding, since what ive seen theres not much changeing in it the dev of facs.
Hello hello! I don't know too much about factions so I can't comment on that, but I do think I sense some misunderstandings about how staff is run on Manacube.

So, firstly, as Mik said, they can't force anyone to apply for staff on their server. If a server is understaffed, it is because there are not enough qualified applicants that they feel are a good choice for the role.

Secondly, say a parkour staff member wanted to become a factions staff member, as you said. They would still need to meet all of the same requirements as new applicants to be considered for factions staff. They would need to play it as a player just like you would, so they would know how the game worked.

Third, it's important to remember that mods are not developers. They cannot make new plugins for factions. They cannot fix bugs. They can simply report bugs & suggestions from the community to higher-ups. For coding, we have a couple of devs who do this, but their interests are, of course, split across all gamemodes. They only have so much time and there are very few of them. If more people applied for developer, there would be more updates across the board. However, currently a ton of changes in the development of factions aren't super viable.

Last edited:

Riffet

Dedicated Member
Ratings
37 5
Hello hello! I don't know too much about factions so I can't comment on that, but I do think I sense some misunderstandings about how staff is run on Manacube.

So, firstly, as Mik said, they can't force anyone to apply for staff on their server. If a server is understaffed, it is because there are not enough qualified applicants that they feel are a good choice for the role.

Secondly, say a parkour staff member wanted to become a factions staff member, as you said. They would still need to meet all of the same requirements as new applicants to be considered for factions staff. They would need to play it as a player just like you would, so they would know how the game worked.

Third, it's important to remember that mods are not developers. They cannot make new plugins for factions. They cannot fix bugs. They can simply report bugs & suggestions from the community to higher-ups. For coding, we have a couple of devs who do this, but their interests are, of course, split across all gamemodes. They only have so many time and there are very few of them. If more people applied for developer, there would be more updates across the board. However, currently a ton of changes in the development of factions aren't super viable.
I'm gonna have to agree with this @JarDH
Manacube factions is just how it is and little change will be made since most fevs are concentrated on gamemodes that actually make money, factions doesnt make dacon cash therefore he doesn't give it as much attention as it should be

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
3 years ago factions was a game mode a lot of people played. It is dying.

Ratings
It is not fully dying, the reason it is dieing on mana is cus this staffteam won't see they are not good enough for being fac staff and can't accept 10mans or 15mans is way too big for a server like this

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
It is not fully dying, the reason it is dieing on mana is cus this staffteam won't see they are not good enough for being fac staff and can't accept 10mans or 15mans is way too big for a server like this
I like your post but I don't see how thats relevant. I just kind of view the whole game mode as dying because its too complicated for new people like me to pick up easily. Has nothing to do with manacube.

Ratings
Why is this post irrelevant? i legit noted all the wrongs and the things they need to improve, the payout is fine 200 for a 5 man i have multiple facs that would play 100%
But mana isnt improving their shit and only focussing on other subserver which make more money

awesomeboy__

Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
#removefactions

Mana facs can't even handle the amount of players they currently have, if more players come the server would literally have a stroke. They are understaffed and the current staff just can't keep up with the amount of reports that they're getting. They don't have an anti-cheat which means the staff will have to deal with every single one of the hackers.

AW_Wesley

MVP
AW_Wesley
AW_Wesley
MVP
I think there needs to be a compromise here, factions is a game I love playing but considering non-payout weeks take up 2/3 of a factions season and average 10-15 players at any given time, it's hard to find incentive to play without any real community or competiton. I'd always thought of longer raiding payout periods to provide incentives for a split faction to work their way back up to a good state where they could get revenge and possibly allow for more competition. I never thought about the opposite with shorter seasons, which could probably work too. I do agree, something has to be different because I'm tired of waiting for resets for people to play and care about factions, just for 2 weeks later for nobody to be playing anymore. Also, I'm sure people wouldn't mind the same spawn area for multiple seasons in a row, just paste it in a world like it's done now, load the factions plugins and go. Once a week or 2 weeks, it's not like new special drops or mobs have to be coded.