Why Changing To Protection Three Armor was a Mistake.

Ratings
I've been playing kitpvp long enough to realize how challenging it is to obtain protection four armor, but I don't understand why the Owners of ManaCube would decide to downgrade it to protection three. This seems like a waste of ingame rewards for those players who had already obtained protection four armor (I was included in that group). I do not see the reasoning behind this, if someone would like to reply a good reason behind it I would be happy to read it.

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
Arguably, the main reason P4 was nerfed to P3 is due to impact P4 has on players. P4 is almost invincible and a lot more powerful when compared to P3. This meant when someone was in p4 unless you were teamed with them you were almost certainly going to die. In situations like these, many players would leave the server.
Especially, in times when there are only about 10 players online, I have seen it drop to 2, me and them due to their p4 discouraging others and not wanting an unfair fight. Yes, there is barebones for fair fights, but P4 was incredibly strong and unfair. I do understand that you guys spend awhile gathering it, but it shouldn't have been added in the first place.

It is heartbreaking to see innocent players joining the server and not even having a chance to pvp as they can just be hit 1-3 times and they are out. These players were generally the ones to leave, and it is far better in my opinion to have more people on kitpvp and be in p3, then have only a few on.

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
I believe the main reason why prot 4 was downgraded to prot 3 was because it was initially supposed to be that way at the launch of the season. From what I've heard, Dakota meant for it to be prot 3 / sharp 4 the whole time but never noticed it was incorrect until a week or so ago.

Like Sarah has explained, it's tough, unfair, etc when prot 4 players are running around and killing everyone that they see. With the downgraded enchantments, it increases the chance of OP players dying while also increasing the chances of newer players being able to achieve the best of the best items.

After all, it is a video game with virtual items. I understand and respect the frustration behind losing prot 4 gear but that'll pass as you have fun playing around with your friends.

Alexondrou

Ratings
8 4
SunsetMagic,

Prot 3 is almsot same in strength as Prot 4 if talking about a diamond guy out in the wild vs noobs players (new players) who are in chain. Now, you're fighting someone overskilled like DqnkVibes, he can be in chain and you can be in your prot 3 but he can still kill you.

But new players? I don't think they can beat p3 just the same as p4.

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
I agree that P3 Armour is still very powerful. But it is much less powerful that p4, and it is easier to get a team to kill a player in p3 than p4.
Now the best solution to the overpowered diamond armour would be removing it. But then it would remove an element of kitpvp that many regular players enjoy. Which is creating an op set of armour and tools. This is why you can still create p3. Players get great satisfaction from creating a good set and this satisfaction is also given if a player kills someone in an op set therefore transferring it to them. At times, OP armour can make the game more interesting and exciting, but P4 being more powerful than P3 reduced the excitement as opponents would have much less of a chance.

What I am trying to say is that by removing p4, players have more of a chance of killing a player in diamond armour. It is made slightly easier for them and makes it more challenging for those with OP gear to stay alive. Removing P4 is just reducing the extent in which you can be over powered.

ntc

Forum Expert
ELITE
ntc
ntc
ELITE
Ratings
249 13
To be honest I think KitPvP should stay the same but I think we should bring back Barebones with the season 1 map and season 1 armour. The armour would be like the start of the season, where you could buy diamond armour for an upgrade and when you die you lose it and your back to iron armour. We would get a rod,bows and of course a sword.
Plus the rating system would be the same as season 1. I really like KitPvP but I also enjoyed Barebones season 1 alot.

ntc

Forum Expert
ELITE
ntc
ntc
ELITE
Ratings
249 13
Sunset, u dont need a team 2 rek a p3 or a p4.

If the p3/p4 is dumb, u can lead them into the lava in the cave and rip.

If they aren't dumb, u cant lead them into lava nor rek them with a team.
You obviously have not lead anyone into the lava in p3 armour then..
Yes the person in the armour cannot pot in lava but they could just swim to the other side. Yes you already made this point but you are saying you would win the fight.
Let me just set the situation,
The diamond protection 3 armour person and you in full unenchanted iron armour in a cave together. The diamond person will just tank any snd easily kill the iron with a sharp 3 or 4 sword.
The way of killing diamond armour people is to target them with friends or by yourself.
This works very well to kill diamond armoured people.
Just the other day, someone came out in p2 diamond armour.
He had no pots so it was not hard to get him low. After comboing and targeting the player I got him to 1 hp( I only died twice).
The lucky player was saved though as I was about to bow them once to finish the job and then the server restart. When the server restarts no one pvp logs, so as I said he got away.

Ratings
Protection four and protection three have are very little noticeable if you look it up the difference are very little. But it was dacon's decision it all depends on the situation, Some sets are good and some are bad. When protection five was out, yes that was overpowered, I believe protection four is even with protection three. Either way dacon choose do downgrade the armour and its believable why.