A serious issue (serious post)

Katiekanji

PATRON
Katiekana
Katiekana
Patron
Ratings
21 1
Your use of foul language on the discord is what got you permanently banned I'm not sure why you are commenting on the poor moderation of the discord?
Come on, Rap, that's very insensitive to say and/or bring up. We already know mana has issues, you and I have personally talked about such. They were banned basically a year ago and you're still holding it against them? People change, sometimes it's not for the better, but they have, so I find it very improper to try to back up a recent claim with reasoning that is old. They aren't forum banned so they have every right to comment on this post, especially since it was made by their friend. Although they are banned for regretful reasons in the discord, their friends still keep them up to date about what happens in the disc, probably a lot of ranting about things similar to the whole reason this was a post. Instead of calling someone who clearly regrets what they have done and isn't proud of their past (key word past, as in not present, aka not recent, therefore shouldn't be held against them if they're trying to or have changed just in case I wasn't clear) hypocritical, try encouraging them to change. They took their punishment and changed. Forgiveness seems to be lacking. Remember that we all weren't proud of who we were at one point or another and think about if people held your past against you. There is no need for it. So, respectfully, do not call my friend names. Thank you.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Come on, Rap, that's very insensitive to say and/or bring up. We already know mana has issues, you and I have personally talked about such. They were banned basically a year ago and you're still holding it against them? People change, sometimes it's not for the better, but they have, so I find it very improper to try to back up a recent claim with reasoning that is old. They aren't forum banned so they have every right to comment on this post, especially since it was made by their friend. Although they are banned for regretful reasons in the discord, their friends still keep them up to date about what happens in the disc, probably a lot of ranting about things similar to the whole reason this was a post. Instead of calling someone who clearly regrets what they have done and isn't proud of their past (key word past, as in not present, aka not recent, therefore shouldn't be held against them if they're trying to or have changed just in case I wasn't clear) hypocritical, try encouraging them to change. They took their punishment and changed. Forgiveness seems to be lacking. Remember that we all weren't proud of who we were at one point or another and think about if people held your past against you. There is no need for it. So, respectfully, do not call my friend names. Thank you.
Out of all the people in this thread Laney and Stormy aren't in our discord and you and Pyro don't use it. If there are uses of people using the r word in the manners I have described please report it and stop cherrypicking what I have said. I've forgiven Stormy lots and been bitten by it more times than I can count.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Any situations involving you and discord issues are at least 6 months old however if you have an issue please report the player. Staff absolutely understand the issue there are plenty of people from plenty of backgrounds. Same for Laney please report the player. Whether something is done or not has 0 effect on you as you are not part of our discord community. The suggestion that it's added to the discord filter has already been passed on previously.
Actually, as Katie mentioned I was banned on September 1 last year so it's basically been almost a year at this point. Regardless, both Laney and I have already stated that we've reported people many times. When I had "issues" I usually get told to "just ignore them" or "just block them if they are bothering you stormy." Let me just say this, if it wasn't bothering me then why the heck would I report it in the first place? There is no "if they are bothering me" it's a yes they are bothering me but you seem to think that it shouldn't be a problem for some reason that I cannot understand.

Also, technically it does still affect me, it affects my friends and what my friends share with me I take very seriously. Me and Laney have both had negative experiences on the discord. We have both tried countless times to report these "issues" and they often get dismissed or handled poorly. You can say that the staff acted at the time when I was banned, but like I already said they did that because they were already aware of who I am. Please, tell me that in all honesty, it took you by surprise when I reported myself saying the n-word. Everyone knows that once you've been punished a certain number of times, the staff give you less leeway. What I'm saying is in cases like these, the person should be--at minimum--given a verbal warning.

Katiekanji

PATRON
Katiekana
Katiekana
Patron
Ratings
21 1
Out of all the people in this thread Laney and Stormy aren't in our discord and you and Pyro don't use it. If there are uses of people using the r word in the manners I have described please report it and stop cherrypicking what I have said. I've forgiven Stormy lots and been bitten by it more times than I can count.
My issue was not with the discord, I already know mana has problems, always has. My issue was with the way Stormy was treated when saying their opinion. My activity has nothing to do with this issue lol. I never cherrypicked what you said, I quoted you. You said one sentence to Stormy and that in itself was disrespectful, the tone of it was just in poor taste. They know what they did wrong, they learned and changed, there is no reason to bring it up a year later over a topic they are giving their friend, their opinion on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as you are with your judgement, but I can confidently say that it was uncalled for and that Stormy isn't the one who looks bad from it. Try to think how someone might feel from words you say before saying them, publicly. I wish you the best.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Actually, as Katie mentioned I was banned on September 1 last year so it's basically been almost a year at this point. Regardless, both Laney and I have already stated that we've reported people many times. When I had "issues" I usually get told to "just ignore them" or "just block them if they are bothering you stormy." Let me just say this, if it wasn't bothering me then why the heck would I report it in the first place? There is no "if they are bothering me" it's a yes they are bothering me but you seem to think that it shouldn't be a problem for some reason that I cannot understand.

Also, technically it does still affect me, it affects my friends and what my friends share with me I take very seriously. Me and Laney have both had negative experiences on the discord. We have both tried countless times to report these "issues" and they often get dismissed or handled poorly. You can say that the staff acted at the time when I was banned, but like I already said they did that because they were already aware of who I am. Please, tell me that in all honesty, it took you by surprise when I reported myself saying the n-word. Everyone knows that once you've been punished a certain number of times, the staff give you less leeway. What I'm saying is in cases like these, the person should be--at minimum--given a verbal warning.
Neither of you are currently in the discord. If you have situations you'd like reviewed feel free to report them. Most people are given verbal warnings when using that kind of language so your point is moot.

IrishEmmy

PATRON+
Emmyox
Emmyox
Patron+
Ratings
64 2
Sorry... but ANY use of the R word is disrespectful and derogatory. Not SOME uses of it, ALL uses of it!!!! The word should not be used in ANY manner, not just some manners, and that is the most disgusting thing I have ever read. It should be an instant mute for that word and MANY others!
Just to clarify I am not stating that's your opinion, before you accuse me of saying you said it. Manacube really needs to think over the shit they tell people is acceptable, anf I have to agree with others here, I have seen times where staff have been pinged in discord for hate speech, about any matter and no punishment has been given until their 12th or more comment.. and I am commenting on the fact that Manacube does not seem to give a shit about how things make players feel, especially when it comes to disability. HELL I remember a time when someone was being homophobic towards me and I was told to /ignore them, that it wasn't even about me, when the person in fact USED MY NAME in their comment, and told not to tell others I was Bisexual.??? Like wtf?? It would be nice for once for the staff team to admit when they make a mistake not try and pass the buck to the players like we did something wrong. Yall are human. Just own up to it once in a while. Maybe then you guys wouldn't get so much hate for the way you treat players because you wouldn't be acting like yall perfect 100% of the time. Nobody's perfect.

As for anybody who feels they were targeted by anything anti disability, or discriminated against in anyway, ignore ignore ignore the idiots! OK? Your disability makes you who you are and you should be proud of that!!! And anybody who makes fun of, bullies or degrades you as a person for struggling with disability or mental health can quite literally fuck themself. Nobody wants yall nasty and backwardness here.

IrishEmmy

PATRON+
Emmyox
Emmyox
Patron+
Ratings
64 2
You're right, there is a huge lack of forgiveness from people on Mana, staff and players alike, and how something you did so long ago can still be the reason someone treats you like crap and bring it up all the time like you did it yesterday. People change. People hate themself for the way they acted and wish they could take it back but they can't. But how can a person move on and feel able to forgive themself for what they did if the staff and players never let them forget they did it or forgive them. Like me for example I was muted a year ago for something so stupid, that I don't think deserved a perm mute but that's besides the point. Still to this day people being it up 24 7 and are hateful and it was a year ago! And no matter how much you try to show you've changed now and you hate that you were that way, no forgiveness is given. Its horrible and the community on mana in general needs to really look at themselves and start forgiving people for the small things they did when they messed up. We already feel enough regret and shame for ourselves without others keep reminding us of it all the time.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
You're right, there is a huge lack of forgiveness from people on Mana, staff and players alike, and how something you did so long ago can still be the reason someone treats you like crap and bring it up all the time like you did it yesterday. People change. People hate themself for the way they acted and wish they could take it back but they can't. But how can a person move on and feel able to forgive themself for what they did if the staff and players never let them forget they did it or forgive them. Like me for example I was muted a year ago for something so stupid, that I don't think deserved a perm mute but that's besides the point. Still to this day people being it up 24 7 and are hateful and it was a year ago! And no matter how much you try to show you've changed now and you hate that you were that way, no forgiveness is given. Its horrible and the community on mana in general needs to really look at themselves and start forgiving people for the small things they did when they messed up. We already feel enough regret and shame for ourselves without others keep reminding us of it all the time.
People can change but it doesn't mean that everyone deserves another chance on our platform after repeatedly breaking the rules and impacting others experience. Hopefully you'll get unmuted one day Emmy I'm sure your changed behaviour has been noticed throughout the discord.

IrishEmmy

PATRON+
Emmyox
Emmyox
Patron+
Ratings
64 2
People can change but it doesn't mean that everyone deserves another chance on our platform after repeatedly breaking the rules and impacting others experience. Hopefully you'll get unmuted one day Emmy I'm sure your changed behaviour has been noticed throughout the discord.
I hold no hope that I'll be forgiven. It'd be nice and I'd love to be able to be part of the community again but alas, I don't see it happening no matter how much I apologise or show it. Soooo oh well

Last edited:

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Emmy, I don’t know what the circumstances are for you, but for what it’s worth you do seem like a nice person. I guess I should give some context, yes I completely agree with you… though rap isn’t the only person who feels this way about me and they aren’t totally in the wrong. I know for a a fact that many of the mods here don’t think I deserve another chance. For those of you who don’t know, I’m actually perm muted, and have been at least three or four times in total. Right now I’m sitting at a total of 17 mutes. Manacube doesn’t track warns on the ban page, but if they did it would probably be at least a page long. I’ve been perm banned on the discord at least two times now, once for advertising, and a Second time for posting hate speech screenshots in the help channels targeting myself. I’m also perm muted on the discord, I can/t remember why just remember there being an argument about furries.

I’m telling you all this not because I am proud of what I have done. I am doing this because I feel like I should be open and honest with my past on Manacube. When certain players look at me, they think the way staff are treating me isn’t fair. But let me ask you something, is life ever fair? Do you even know what I did to this community?

I used to be friends with rap- believe it or not we used to talk a lot. Actually, I used to be friends with many of the staff but over the past several months I feel that I’ve lost my connection to the staff team. But yes, even though what happened in the past is in the past, I still am judged for it. I’ve taken several breaks from Manacube, and hopped from different game modes trying to find a place where I felt like I actually belonged.

For years I had been a prison main, but many of my friends who I were close to didn’t play much anymore or we’d grown distant. Luckily, I eventually met pyro, and he offered me a home in Pandaria. Now I am much happier and I am a proud survival main. No, the community is far from perfect, but I feel like I can be myself- at least within Pandaria.

It’s been a really long journey, and despite all my countless punishments I’ve never given up hope on being unbanned and unmuted one day. You can tell me I’m being naive, but I don’t want to give up especially when I feel like I’ve found the place I belong. To any other players who may be permanently banned/muted- I understand what it feels like to have your appeals rejected countless times… but remember, there are people who do care about you, you just have to find them. Anyways, I’m gonna stop ranting about punishments because this isn’t what this thread is for :)

Last edited:

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I am part of the discord. You clearly don't pay attention.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
I've never been called this word personally, but I've seen it in the community dozens of times, on the forums, in discord, or in game. Its awful.
PUT. A. STOP. TO. IT.
#bantheslur

and btw @laney your voice sounds great, don't get down on yourself! :)

gabby(turt)

Forum Master
ELITE
gabbyyxo
gabbyyxo
ELITE
Ratings
169 7
damn that was a lot i just read. anyways.. how are yalls fingers feeling after all those paragraph typing?

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
damn that was a lot i just read. anyways.. how are yalls fingers feeling after all those paragraph typing?
Oh, that's nothing compared to the appeals I write. I don't know about everyone else but my fingers are fine.