Ancient Trials has been untouched for a long time and it NEEDS a change... its dead.

Harmless Telly Tubby

ELITE
HamlessTubby
HamlessTubby
ELITE
Ratings
33 1
Hi,
My names Harmless (or Hamless). I've been playing this server for around 2 years now, with a little break in the middle and for as long as i've seen it, the Ancient Trials hasn't changed.

As most of you know, ancient trials is a game mode on multiple different servers within manacube and has been that way for a long time. The only problem with it, is that it has been left alone without any updates for a long, long time. There is many bugs with the trials itself (see below) and many things that have been left out or forgotten about.

I'd like to take this time to persuade as of you as I can to want a change in this, and to get a better overall game mode.

Reasons why Ancient Trials is barely played anymore
Most people don't play Ancient Trials anymore for a few reason:
1) It's too buggy to play consistently
2) The rewards are not worth how time consuming it is
3) It hasn't been updated in so long that all old players are bored of playing the same thing over and over again.
4) Currently a very limited game mode
5) Extremely repetitive waves with no change

1- Bugs
As anyone who has played the game knows, it is very buggy. I will try to list all of them (but I doubt I can):
- Mobs sometimes spawn in floors
- On some arenas different mobs spawn (e.g. creepers spawn on wave 9 in arena 2 only)
- On wave 5 if any amount of polar bears are the last mobs alive, wave 6 will start
- If you hit zulrah the second he spawns (sometimes) he instantly goes down to half health and goes through 3 different state changes, shown in chat. This is usually when shot with an arrow
- You can defeat zulrah but the wave will not end and you will not gain your win or the 100 tokens
- Waves sometimes don't end even when all mobs are dead, making you have to restart
- On some servers the item frames aren't above the signs making it harder to buy the correct items quickly
- In some arenas, the 'change class' and 'leave arena' mobs do not spawn so if you accidentally select the wrong class you have to exit to hub and try again
- If a larger magma cube is the last one alive and you kill it, the next round will start as temporarily there are no mobs alive
- In some arenas random iron blocks spawn in the air
- Zulrah's 'charge' attack in his Destruction state still hits and nauseates you if he is stuck in a corner and doesn't actually come towards you or touch you
- Zulrah's 'allies' never actually spawn
- Mobs sometimes spawn in the enterance where you pick your class and cannot be killed through the stone fences, making you have to quit
- Baby versions of zombies, zombie pigmen and husks can spawn in randomly instead of their adult counterparts
- Endermen when hit with a bow won't tp away but will stay in the same place after they tp away and tp back instantly
- Signs in the waiting area to show tips, kits, clear inventory etc. do not work (for olympus at least)
- Using /trials on aether will send you to atlas trials
- Sometimes when trying to join aether trials using /olympus-trials you cannot join the server at all and it kicks you to the hub, even whilst other people can join the server
- Witch kit has not been added, even though it has been an olympus reward for way over a year
- A few players have reported lag: both fps / freezing and ping lag where everything freezes and it ends with you dying, ruining what could have been a 30+ minute run

This may not even be all of the bugs, which just shows how neglected this game mode has been since its release.

2- Rewards
The rewards within Trials are... lacking, to say the least. Since completing it just once can take newer players to the game mode anyway between half an hour to an hour, especially if they have trouble completing it. The rewards are just not worth the hassle. Having better rewards could incentivise more players to complete the game mode as they would profit more from it. This could be anywhere from just increasing the amount of money, mana, xp etc. you can buy. To adding more unique items like the ancient armour set and sword. Some other suggestions i will touch upon further down are making trials global with global seasonal stars, having different difficulties with increasing rewards and having changing rewards.

3- No Updates
Since it's release there hasn't been any big updates to trials, leaving it buggy and broken. This means that not only is it hard to play it multiple times without become frustrated, but it is very boring to play over and over again. Updating this game mode more consistently to improve the game mode could attract more plays to it. I have been to most servers to ask how they think about it, and honestly the comments are bleak at best. Most of them being bored of it after a few wins. All of the updates don't have to happen at once, but fixing bugs just as you would if any other server like factions, or aether would be if they were broken, could bring more players attention to how you are making it better and want it to be played.

4- Limitations
At the moment, there is only one game mode with 10 waves that are unchanging. This provides very limited gameplay especially since there is only 3 classes and 11 items in the shop. Allowing more variation to the game mode could attract more players so they don't get bored after completing it once or twice. This could be anything from new classes, an improved shop and new modes like duos (look below for more detailed suggestions as to what could be added).

5- Repetitive
As everyone knows, right now, it is a very lackluster game mode that is extremely repetitive and boring. Doing the same thing over and over again just to get the very few rewards available can sway even the most hard-hearted of players. Adding more change to the game mode would decrease the repetitiveness and allow more players to carry on playing for a longer time, instead of getting bored after a few rounds (see below for suggestions of how to change this).

Suggestions
There are many suggestions that I have and have been given that could increase how many pepole enjoy and play this game mode. Here's a list of a few, I would love to hear all of yours in the comments if you have any others.

1) Having the long awaited duos that was meant to come out soon after it's release would utilise teamwork and allow a much different approach to the game mode. Obviously rounds would have to be more difficult if there is two of you but it would be fun to see different strategies that people can pull off to make rounds easier for them.

2) Having more than one arena could change the boring reptetitiveness of the game mode and increase variety. Since there are quite a few building competitions going on at different points in time, having an arena building competition could be a fun way to add more variation to the game mode and allow the winner(s) to see their builds be added to the roster.

3) Having different difficulties like easy, medium and hard (and maybe even further) with also increasing winning prizes could allow both the newer and veteran players to have just as much fun. Having a 'one size fits all' game mode can be difficult for newer players and boring for the older ones, adding the different difficulties could also allow better people to gain tokens and wins faster, assuming that the wins and tokens also increases with difficulty. Each difficulty could have different / more / stronger mobs depending on which one it is.

4) Having more classes, like the witch one that was promised on olympus, could also allow more variety for gameplay and give more options on how to play instead of just everyone new going tank to try and survive longer and everyone who's has played a lot picking archer. New classes could allow people to complete it faster and in much more creative ways.

5) Having class upgrades that you could gain after playing for a certain amount of games with a certain class, or just by buying it with tokens could allow players who have played more to speed up their gameplay with better weaponry, armour, potions, etc. Each class could have its own upgrades and buffs and if whoever the hell can make all this happen is feeling extra adventerous, you could add different pathways in which you could upgrade the classes so that not every maxed out class could be same. For example, one archer could have a flame 2 bow when maxed out, another could have power 5.
The possibilities are limitless.

6) Having changing mobs for each arena / difficulty so it isn't just the same repetitive thing over and over again would make the game mode more interesting. Each wave could have a choice of being 2 things and it could be different each time. These two things would obviously be different for each difficulty but for easy would not change at all to allow newer players to learn the waves and how to beat them, but then make more experienced players have to adapt under pressure and learn how to handle each wave as it comes.

7) Having changing rewards every so often would allow people to work towards a new goal each, say.. month or so instead of having static rewards that once you have them, you can't do much else except get the same things over and over again. This would keep players interested in the game mode instead of just playing it the one time and getting bored as they would want the new rewards each time they come out, as long as they are worth it.

8) Having a new arena (maybe not a new arena just new waves of mobs) for each promotional crates and allowing people to work towards getting a 'free' promotional key would allow unranked and unpaying players to see what getting a promotional key is like which in turn could make them want to buy more, which would gain you more money @xDacon, which I know you would love. This different arena could be a lot harder than any other and could give a different type of currency that you would need a lot of to get the promotional key, so that people can't just get it easily.

9) Having a global leaderboard (as suggested by Arenzo) could be an idea to insert global competition, instead of just individually server based. This could have a global star just like there is on olympus and other servers, that the top 3 people would get for winning. This would bring much more competition to the game and allow people on other servers like creative, parkour and kitpvp to be included. The star would show on each server just as it does when you hover over peoples names in chat. This would definitely give people more of a reason to play the game more, as the bragging rights of getting this star would be huge. The season could last just as long as a season for other servers, up to a year long meaning only the most dedicated players would be able to achieve it.

TL;DR: The version of Trials that is currently implemented has been left to rot and it extremely buggy and in some ways unplayable. It feels rushed and has not been given enough love or attention. Many people would like if this could be fixed.

I know this is a long shot and that it would take many a moon to fix and most likely will just be ignored and nothing will happen. But I have to try and would love this to be a long-term goal that could be attempted, to make this game mode live up to its potential.

Thanks for reading,
Leave any suggestions or comments below,
Harmless.

EDIT: Two new bugs have been brought to light.
- Pools that are created by the ice and fire Zulrah states cause extreme lag up to the point of freezing to people even with good PC's inclduing me who usually gets 300+ fps.
-Zulrah in the wither state on a regular basis will shoot at the ground under his feet instead of at you, hitting himself and leaving you protected as long as you dont jump, but this is probably because he shoots out of the lower part of his body.

Link to suggestion
https://suggestions.manacube.com/su...or-a-long-time-and-it-needs-a-change-its-dead
If any of you liked this post, please go upvote my suggestion.

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Yuh that's long.
I do agree that Trials needs some TLC or maybe even a revamp.
I see a lot of potential for trials to continue, but its current state seems to be like that cabinet you haven't cleaned in 10 years.

B0OG

ELITE
B0OG
B0OG
ELITE
Ratings
45 2
Agree 100% with this. Even just fixing the bugs would make it more enjoyable. I love the changing mobs suggestion. I've wished for that since the 2nd time I played trials. Sadly, any trials update would probably not be in the near future, but we could hope!

JavaElite

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JavaElite
JavaElite
ELITE
Ratings
Very informative read, I didn't know about most of these bugs (Then again i've never played the Anc trials before)

I think that it definitely needs a bit of love, but Dacon's plate is always full of cool ideas and features he has planned for the player-base, and its easy to forget something that isn't played often (maybe bc of the bugs) like trials. It would be cool to see them working again, how they are supposed to.

Java

brilsss

ELITE
brilsss
brilsss
ELITE
Ratings
I 100% agree with this, every time i have tried to do trials i couldn't do them because the bugs and lag was so awful. I just gave up, Trials needs to be fixed or taken out by the time season 4 of Olympus comes out or else people are gonna leave. I love this server and this community but trials is very broken and difficult to complete, something needs to be done about it.

M0DERND0C

MVP
M0DERND0C
M0DERND0C
MVP
Ratings
These ideas are wonderful and the points are absolutely true.
I've noticed in some Trials arenas, there's signs, along with a randomly place fire where it shouldn't be. (The signs are in the places the mobs spawn and the fire is on the outer ring.) I also completed the trials yesterday and couldn't even do a rebirth on Aether because it didn't go through. (Of course, screenshotting and sending in a ticket would fix this, but that's still a bug that should be fixed.)
I really would love to see the trials fixed, though. They have so much potential, and I would love to play with other people.

I hope something gets done about this! I believe in Dacon and the admins to fix it hopefully at some point.

Gebv

ELITE
Gebv
Gebv
ELITE
Ratings
29 1
Yep, I read it all, trust me, but I'll say I 100% agree because everyone else says it!

-0esL

BuffIzzy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
BuffIzzy
BuffIzzy
Patron
Ratings
176 1
I agree, trials is very very buggy and those are all great suggestions!!

GhostOfAkina01

ELITE
Runtac
Runtac
ELITE
Ratings
I agree with everything that you said. This mode really is in state right now, and I for one believe that it can be made into something much more better with even half of these suggestions. Honestly, the potential is limitless.

Ratings
This is very well put to together and brings so many points another thing that bugged for me was when I completed it didn't give me the rebirth completion for Aether and I had to make a ticket about it. I don't want to go through that process and I'm pretty sure no one else wants to. There are so many things that can be fixed and I really hope this gets looked at and taken into some consideration because everything here is 100% accurate.

Harmless Telly Tubby

ELITE
HamlessTubby
HamlessTubby
ELITE
Ratings
33 1
This is very well put to together and brings so many points another thing that bugged for me was when I completed it didn't give me the rebirth completion for Aether and I had to make a ticket about it. I don't want to go through that process and I'm pretty sure no one else wants to. There are so many things that can be fixed and I really hope this gets looked at and taken into some consideration because everything here is 100% accurate.
For this one I believe it's because you joined /trials not /olympus-trials, as stated above a very stupid bug. But thanks for bringing it to light :)

Ratings
I find it sad that it's a long list, I very much agree with your points and feelings on this topic, and I hope this is seen by staff and improved.

Conman527

ELITE
Conman527
Conman527
ELITE
Ratings
Hi,
My names Harmless (or Hamless). I've been playing this server for around 2 years now, with a little break in the middle and for as long as i've seen it, the Ancient Trials hasn't changed.

As most of you know, ancient trials is a game mode on multiple different servers within manacube and has been that way for a long time. The only problem with it, is that it has been left alone without any updates for a long, long time. There is many bugs with the trials itself (see below) and many things that have been left out or forgotten about.

I'd like to take this time to persuade as of you as I can to want a change in this, and to get a better overall game mode.

3) It hasn't been updated in so long that all old players are bored of playing the same thing over and over again.

1- Bugs
As anyone who has played the game knows, it is very buggy. I will try to list all of them (but I doubt I can):
- On some arenas different mobs spawn (e.g. creepers spawn on wave 9 in arena 2 only)
- On wave 5 if any amount of polar bears are the last mobs alive, wave 6 will start
- If you hit zulrah the second he spawns (sometimes) he instantly goes down to half health and goes through 3 different state changes, shown in chat. This is usually when shot with an arrow
- You can defeat zulrah but the wave will not end and you will not gain your win or the 100 tokens
- Waves sometimes don't end even when all mobs are dead, making you have to restart
- On some servers the item frames aren't above the signs making it harder to buy the correct items quickly
- In some arenas, the 'change class' and 'leave arena' mobs do not spawn so if you accidentally select the wrong class you have to exit to hub and try again
- If a larger magma cube is the last one alive and you kill it, the next round will start as temporarily there are no mobs alive
- Zulrah's 'charge' attack in his Destruction state still hits and nauseates you if he is stuck in a corner and doesn't actually come towards you or touch you
- Mobs sometimes spawn in the enterance where you pick your class and cannot be killed through the stone fences, making you have to quit
- Baby versions of zombies, zombie pigmen and husks can spawn in randomly instead of their adult counterparts
- Endermen when hit with a bow won't tp away but will stay in the same place after they tp away and tp back instantly
- Signs in the waiting area to show tips, kits, clear inventory etc. do not work (for olympus at least)
- Sometimes when trying to join aether trials using /olympus-trials you cannot join the server at all and it kicks you to the hub, even whilst other people can join the server
- Witch kit has not been added, even though it has been an olympus reward for way over a year
- A few players have reported lag: both fps / freezing and ping lag where everything freezes and it ends with you dying, ruining what could have been a 30+ minute run

This may not even be all of the bugs, which just shows how neglected this game mode has been since its release.

2- Rewards
The rewards within Trials are... lacking, to say the least. Since completing it just once can take newer players to the game mode anyway between half an hour to an hour, especially if they have trouble completing it. The rewards are just not worth the hassle. Having better rewards could incentivise more players to complete the game mode as they would profit more from it. This could be anywhere from just increasing the amount of money, mana, xp etc. you can buy. To adding more unique items like the ancient armour set and sword. Some other suggestions i will touch upon further down are making trials global with global seasonal stars, having different difficulties with increasing rewards and having changing rewards.

3- No Updates
Since it's release there hasn't been any big updates to trials, leaving it buggy and broken. This means that not only is it hard to play it multiple times without become frustrated, but it is very boring to play over and over again. Updating this game mode more consistently to improve the game mode could attract more plays to it. I have been to most servers to ask how they think about it, and honestly the comments are bleak at best. Most of them being bored of it after a few wins. All of the updates don't have to happen at once, but fixing bugs just as you would if any other server like factions, or aether would be if they were broken, could bring more players attention to how you are making it better and want it to be played.

4- Limitations
At the moment, there is only one game mode with 10 waves that are unchanging. This provides very limited gameplay especially since there is only 3 classes and 11 items in the shop. Allowing more variation to the game mode could attract more players so they don't get bored after completing it once or twice. This could be anything from new classes, an improved shop and new modes like duos (look below for more detailed suggestions as to what could be added).

5- Repetitive
As everyone knows, right now, it is a very lackluster game mode that is extremely repetitive and boring. Doing the same thing over and over again just to get the very few rewards available can sway even the most hard-hearted of players. Adding more change to the game mode would decrease the repetitiveness and allow more players to carry on playing for a longer time, instead of getting bored after a few rounds (see below for suggestions of how to change this).

Suggestions
There are many suggestions that I have and have been given that could increase how many pepole enjoy and play this game mode. Here's a list of a few, I would love to hear all of yours in the comments if you have any others.

1) Having the long awaited duos that was meant to come out soon after it's release would utilise teamwork and allow a much different approach to the game mode. Obviously rounds would have to be more difficult if there is two of you but it would be fun to see different strategies that people can pull off to make rounds easier for them.

2) Having more than one arena could change the boring reptetitiveness of the game mode and increase variety. Since there are quite a few building competitions going on at different points in time, having an arena building competition could be a fun way to add more variation to the game mode and allow the winner(s) to see their builds be added to the roster.

3) Having different difficulties like easy, medium and hard (and maybe even further) with also increasing winning prizes could allow both the newer and veteran players to have just as much fun. Having a 'one size fits all' game mode can be difficult for newer players and boring for the older ones, adding the different difficulties could also allow better people to gain tokens and wins faster, assuming that the wins and tokens also increases with difficulty. Each difficulty could have different / more / stronger mobs depending on which one it is.

4) Having more classes, like the witch one that was promised on olympus, could also allow more variety for gameplay and give more options on how to play instead of just everyone new going tank to try and survive longer and everyone who's has played a lot picking archer. New classes could allow people to complete it faster and in much more creative ways.

5) Having class upgrades that you could gain after playing for a certain amount of games with a certain class, or just by buying it with tokens could allow players who have played more to speed up their gameplay with better weaponry, armour, potions, etc. Each class could have its own upgrades and buffs and if whoever the hell can make all this happen is feeling extra adventerous, you could add different pathways in which you could upgrade the classes so that not every maxed out class could be same. For example, one archer could have a flame 2 bow when maxed out, another could have power 5.

6) Having changing mobs for each arena / difficulty so it isn't just the same repetitive thing over and over again would make the game mode more interesting. Each wave could have a choice of being 2 things and it could be different each time. These two things would obviously be different for each difficulty but for easy would not change at all to allow newer players to learn the waves and how to beat them, but then make more experienced players have to adapt under pressure and learn how to handle each wave as it comes.

7) Having changing rewards every so often would allow people to work towards a new goal each, say.. month or so instead of having static rewards that once you have them, you can't do much else except get the same things over and over again. This would keep players interested in the game mode instead of just playing it the one time and getting bored as they would want the new rewards each time they come out, as long as they are worth it.

8) Having a new arena (maybe not a new arena just new waves of mobs) for each promotional crates and allowing people to work towards getting a 'free' promotional key would allow unranked and unpaying players to see what getting a promotional key is like which in turn could make them want to buy more, which would gain you more money @xDacon, which I know you would love. This different arena could be a lot harder than any other and could give a different type of currency that you would need a lot of to get the promotional key, so that people can't just get it easily.

9) Having a global leaderboard (as suggested by Arenzo) could be an idea to insert global competition, instead of just individually server based. This could have a global star just like there is on olympus and other servers, that the top 3 people would get for winning. This would bring much more competition to the game and allow people on other servers like creative, parkour and kitpvp to be included. The star would show on each server just as it does when you hover over peoples names in chat. This would definitely give people more of a reason to play the game more, as the bragging rights of getting this star would be huge. The season could last just as long as a season for other servers, up to a year long meaning only the most dedicated players would be able to achieve it.

TL;DR: The version of Trials that is currently implemented has been left to rot and it extremely buggy and in some ways unplayable. It feels rushed and has not been given enough love or attention. Many people would like if this could be fixed.

I know this is a long shot and that it would take many a moon to fix and most likely will just be ignored and nothing will happen. But I have to try and would love this to be a long-term goal that could be attempted, to make this game mode live up to its potential.

Thanks for reading,
Harmless.

- Pools that are created by the ice and fire Zulrah states cause extreme lag up to the point of freezing to people even with good PC's inclduing me who usually gets 300+ fps.
-Zulrah in the wither state on a regular basis will shoot at the ground under his feet instead of at you, hitting himself and leaving you protected as long as you dont jump, but this is probably because he shoots out of the lower part of his body.
Love it

Ratings
7 1
Yes! I started playing ATrials not too long ago with a friend (we played in different arenas but still talked). I agree with the majority of the suggestions listed above! ATrials has the potential to be something great, but it appears these changes will never come unless the staff decide to listen to those throwing out suggestions. I really hope this post blows up and we'll be able to finally enjoy the ATrails that we have been waiting for.

AnnaKristin

PATRON
AnnaKristin
AnnaKristin
Patron
Ratings
I literally couldn't agree with something more! ATrials is so buggy that it's almost impossible to complete successfully.

XpertAmar

ELITE
Mur9a
Mur9a
ELITE
Ratings
24 4
Hi,

1- Bugs

2- Rewards

3- No Updates

4- Limitations

5- Repetitive

Suggestions

Thanks for reading,
Harmless.

thats long, i agree, didnt read anything but trials is like hella boring.

BlackPTNL

PATRON+
BlackPTNL
BlackPTNL
ELITE
Ratings
I like the trials even tho its full of bugs, but It still needs something new more bosses or a new map or quests even if we get those trials is going to be big again and worth the time and grind :D.

-BlackPTNL

Arenzo

PATRON
Ratings
Excellent post, I think youre adressing a lot of the current problems whilst also providing some new ideas that could really work.
I hope Dacon takes note of this because trials connects a big part of manacube's playerbase!

~Arenzo