JojoStyle

Forum Master
ELITE
JojoStyle
JojoStyle
ELITE
Ratings
343 6
As we all know /afk is a solid way to let others know you're not available right now (although it would be a good addition if AFK-People would be somehow labeled in tab)

But I found myself now a few times in the situation that I wasn't truly afk but still couldn't or didn't want to pay attention to chat, for example when watching a show while mindlessly grinding. Now for someone who's /msg me or anything like that it looks like I'm not afk and just ignoring them.

I think there should be a few changes to the afk-system:

1.) Visualizing /afk
If someone goes afk through /afk it should somehow be shown in tab, for example by adding a symbol or something similar in front of their names. This would clear things up and eliminate the guessing game if someone is afk or not.

2.) Adding /cafk
Or a similar command which shows that one is not really afk but not reading chat. This also would be visible somehow in tab.

3.) Messaging an /afk or /cafk person
If someone tries to /msg someone who is in /afk or /cafk they should get notified that the recipient may not read their message.

Let me know what you guys think of it, I'm really curious!
Cheers

Last edited:

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Hello there!

I do think that /afk could use some changes since it is quite useless most of the time; I especially like the notification when someone is afk. I don't see a use/reason to add something similar to /cafk, since it just seems like an unnecessary command to have. What I've found to be a good solution is to just use /ev on Skyblock (it is a donator perk though) to be somewhat invisible when I want to be.

On another note, the tab feature of [AFK] (or something like it) might be cool to have as well; but I also feel like we're reaching the most amount of tags on a person's name at this point. You have their name, rank, [AFK], and on skyblock for example, their sb rank. Nevertheless, I like the idea!

-Chicken Wings

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
/afk would be cool on all servers. it's not on parkour, probably because there's no need to be afk, but you'd be surprised. people will afk anywhere, which can make it difficult if you want to talk to them.

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
+1 This is one of the best ideas so far. I especially agree with being shown as afk on tab and letting the people that have messaged or hugged you that you are afk. I believe people will start using this command more and it will at least have a use.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
731 81
Overall the idea is cool! I do want to point out that you can see it when someone is afk using /seen <ign>

Good suggestion nonetheless <3
Thats true but not all players have access to /seen

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
If someone tries to /msgh someone who is in /afk or /cafk they should get notified that the recipient may not read their message.
This use to happen with /afk.

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
2.) Adding /cafk
Or a similar command which shows that one is not really afk but not reading chat. This also would be visible somehow in tab.

If someone tries to /msg someone who is in /afk or /cafk they should get notified that the recipient may not read their message.
I know this isn’t the same as showing that you’re afk but if you do /chathide so you can’t see chat if someone says your ign in chat or /msg you a message pops up on their end that your chat is hidden so they can’t see your message. Just a cool hidden feature but i do still think it would be cool to have a way to show someone is afk in tab or something