49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
So people are getting muted for saying cucumber, but not for saying the N/F word I wonder why.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
So people are getting muted for saying cucumber, but not for saying the N/F word I wonder why.
Sometimes staff members miss things on here, but instead of complaining about it, report the people who say it.

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
People only get muted for spamming cucumber, they don't get muted for simply saying it. This is why I proposed in Tiger's forum post about what we want added or removed I mentioned removing the censor on the word cucumber to stop the daily does of spam and is it will be less hassle for mods and helpers.

Last edited:

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
People only get muted for spamming cucumber, they don't get muted for simply saying it. This is why I proposed in Tiger's forum post about what we want added of removed I mentioned removing the censor on the word cucumber to stop the daily does of spam and is it will be less hassle for mods and helpers.
true

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435

Daanothy

PATRON
Daannnnnnn
Daannnnnnn
ELITE
Ratings
14 2
Chat can be wild sometimes, depending on the online staff, they can always miss something, report them if you think they should get muted

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
DAAAAAAN <3

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Cucumbers

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
People only get muted for spamming cucumber, they don't get muted for simply saying it. This is why I proposed in Tiger's forum post about what we want added or removed I mentioned removing the censor on the word cucumber to stop the daily does of spam and is it will be less hassle for mods and helpers.
Just wanted to clear some things up here in case you were not aware,

the word cucumber contains a word that is inappropriate for young people, and therefore often when people say it, they are just trying to say the word it contains.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Just wanted to clear some things up here in case you were not aware,

the word cucumber contains a word that is inappropriate for young people, and therefore often when people say it, they are just trying to say the word it contains.
However the fact that it's blurred is encouraging people to say the inappropriate word to highlight the fact that it is blurred. I reckon the crude word in question was censored by mods that didn't realise that it would your that string of letters in every word that it's in. If we remove the censor on the word cucumber the no one will spam it as there would be nothing special with it anymore.

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
However the fact that it's blurred is encouraging people to say the inappropriate word to highlight the fact that it is blurred. I reckon the crude word in question was censored by mods that didn't realise that it would your that string of letters in every word that it's in. If we remove the censor on the word cucumber the no one will spam it as there would be nothing special with it anymore.
I understand what your getting at, but I question its ability to work. Although others wouldn't see it as "oh, it's blurred! Let's go spam this.", they would probably see it as "Ooh, it's not censored anymore, ima go spam CuCUMber in chat!"

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
What if I just enjoy cucumbers and want to talk about my favorite food?

Killerxd2003

Dedicated Member
ELITE
killerxd2003
killerxd2003
ELITE
Ratings
To me it sounds like human error. It happens, but staff aren’t the only ones able to spot an issue, you can too and by reporting a player it brings it to their attention and they can prioritize on it.

I doubt the staff would intentionally leave players saying disrespectful things alone. As for spam I think it is important to eliminate spam ASAP because it pollutes the chat making it hard for community fun and for the staff to pick up on other discrepancies, if they accidentally miss someone saying other bad things due to spam sure that sucks, but you can’t get them all. But like I said above, we the community can really help the staff if we report things.