RebeliousHaz

Dedicated Member
VIP+
RebeliousHaz
RebeliousHaz
VIP+
Ratings
60 1
I don't necessarily fear death, mostly due to the fact I haven't been in the situation of being close to it. I feel as if you need to experience a near-death situation to determine whether or not you fear death. Maybe it's not death itself, but the thought of dying is what this thread is about, like what Mushey said.

However, I do fear the death of my friends, family, or just people around me in general...... kind of. I have a fear of losing people and death is one way of losing someone. I don't exactly directly fear death, but it lingers the back of my mind all the time. I have a little bit of paranoia as well so its always a thought somewhere in my subconsciousness.

I feel as if I fear the pain of grief that comes with the death of someone. I have a LOT of empathy, so when someone dies, I often feel the pain of others around me griefing for them. Of course, I also feel sad personally, but the people around me hurting also affects me. I don't like my emotions in that way because it puts me in a dangerous mindset of constant sadness, even when I'm over it.

Llighty

Dedicated Member
Ratings
41 1
Tbh, I’m completely scared of dying, not just cause I’ll be... not there. It’s just I’ll never be able to breath or feel again. It’s not just like your eyes are closed, and you can still sense what’s around you. And I’ll never be able to see my family again, I know that it happens to all of us, but I don’t think I would ever be able to get over one of my parents passing away, it’s like a hole you can’t fill in. It’s also that I have come so close to death at different points in my life, I’ve nearly been hit by speeding cars, I have broken multiple bones from falling out of trees and I have nearly drowned in rivers a few times.

But no-one has lived a happy life focusing on death, people need to enjoy what we have, and make the most of our time here on this planet. You know, the fact that we are living is a one in a trillion chance, and we have to benefit from that. I love spending my time outside (no thanks to the current pandemic) and when I’m in the open or up a mountain makes me feel... free. I know it sounds a bit cringe and all but we shouldn’t live life based on negative thoughts, no matter how bad they are. Because we are each to our own and we can decide our future for ourself.

ExclusiveKeeper

MVP
ExclusiveKeeper
ExclusiveKeeper
MVP
Ratings
I’m actually not afraid of death just because I know it’s the inevitable, so when it’s time, it’s time

Mushey

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mushey
Mushey
ELITE
Ratings
69 1
I am sorry for everyone’s losses tho it must be horrible to never see them again
Ye on a real note, I do feel bad about that. My condolences to everyone who has lost a family member or loved one, I could not imagine what it must feel like.

SenzJinx

Ratings
52 7
A good mindset to practice is Stoicism. It teaches you to not worry over things which are out of your control. Death is one of them. I could die tomorrow, but I have no idea so worrying is pointless. I guess my philosophy is that we have one shot of living on this planet, so try to live in a way which suits you as an individual.

if you’re worrying try to adopt things which will improve your quality of life. Eating a healthy diet, exercising, quality sleep, reading, meditating are all things I’d recommend.

try not to dwell on the past and think about the future. Focus on the present. Try to learn to appreciate now. Meditating helps with this as it teaches mindfulness and sense of presence.

Setryuii

Ratings
I've been around it my whole life it doesn't seem to affect me anymore. Which also makes me not scared to die.

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
I fear the process of death, but not really death itself. I obviously am afraid of things that can cause death, but I personally view death as freedom.

Gebv

ELITE
Gebv
Gebv
ELITE
Ratings
29 1
I actually don't know, of course I've been scared sometimes to die but I also feel like, why should we be scared. Yeah, we don't know what is coming after we die but you know, it is what it is. Nothing we can control, but at the same time, dying shouldn't be a positive thing or something we want to do. Hard question.

-0esL

Josh/P2

Survival Mod
IP2I
IP2I
Mod
Ratings
284 21
So recently as of this week. I've been having these nightmare type things waking up randomly in the middle of the night terrified and crying. About.... Death.

It's not that I hate it. Its because I don't want it to happen to the people I love and care about.

But that's why I'm here to ask you guys. Have you even feared death? Have you had a death dream or nightmare? Are you afraid of it? Do you just wipe it off as nothing and just try and enjoy yourself without that shit running through your mind? Please feel free to reply no one's gonna judge you. Since I want to know what other people think of this matter.

Edit: If you have been afraid of it or fear of it. At what age did you experience your fear of death? Mine was 6-7 when I first got the idea of dying in the future. I went to my mum with tears running down my face, and she said it was going to be okay. I will shut up and stop rambling about my childhood.
why fear death when it's a natural process of life.
We cant control it so what is to fear, I think as long as you are doing things you love or have goals in life, death shouldn't be a fear factor in your life. Just try to live ur best life and not worry about the thing that comes regardless.