For the Staff of the Server (Please Respond It'd Be Cool)

violentx

PATRON
violentx
violentx
Patron
Ratings
16 1
For all of those Manacube players, lovers and enthusiasts, I feel like it'd be really cool if some staff could respond to this explaining to those looking to become future staff or just wanting to know what it's like being a contributor in making this amazing server what it is!
Things like:
What server you staff on and what it's like?
What are your daily duties?
How easy/difficult is it to make progress throughout the staffing process?
How long have you been staff?
Do you still enjoy playing the server as a staff member?
I don't know I was thinking that most of us don't get to see tons of things from the perspective of the staff team at Manacube! We always get the chance to share things, good and bad, why not see it from another perspective!
Thanks,
violentx :):mc_276-0:

Quick

Forum Expert
ELITE
Quick_Silver_
Quick_Silver_
ELITE
Ratings
214 20
Hey id love to answer this :D

1. I staff on kitpvp ofc
2. My duties tend to consist of just chillin ingame waiting for reports on anything and handling them as soon as possible (the the ac lowkey stole my job LOL
3. I honestly struggled a lot in the beginning due to shortage of kit staff but now I have so many amazing friends helping me out its a smoooooth sail

4. I haven't been staff for too long but I love staffing :sunglasses:

5. Well since yall are curious about the behing the scenes, personally I tend to look out for chat a lot, monitor players, help them and report bugs that players find. Most importantly I want everyone to have fun and for situations to be fair.

I also really do understand some of yalls concerns with idea of being biased but I promise you, we base off our decisions with the information that is presented towards us whether we like the person or not. We treat each and every player equally no matter their rank or status etc

Other than that, keep kit a fun place and grind on:)

violentx

PATRON
violentx
violentx
Patron
Ratings
16 1
Thanks Quick, I really appreciate that side from a more Pvp based side of mana, cool to see what you're doing daily!

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
Heyy cool thread and I’d love to take some time answering your questions!

1. I staff on parkour as a helper.

2. my duties are simply moderating chat and helping out if anyone asks for or about something. It’s mostly looking in chat every other second so not much time for doing pk or other stuff but I’m fine with that.

3. Parkour is probably one of the toughest servers to staff on imo, but I am used to stress, patient with people and have amazing friends that helps me as well.

4. I have been staff for about a month now, and I still enjoy what I do.

Have an amazing day!

violentx

PATRON
violentx
violentx
Patron
Ratings
16 1
Heyy cool thread and I’d love to take some time answering your questions!

1. I staff on parkour as a helper.

2. my duties are simply moderating chat and helping out if anyone asks for or about something. It’s mostly looking in chat every other second so not much time for doing pk or other stuff but I’m fine with that.

3. Parkour is probably one of the toughest servers to staff on imo, but I am used to stress, patient with people and have amazing friends that helps me as well.

4. I have been staff for about a month now, and I still enjoy what I do.

Have an amazing day!
Thanks a ton Tiger, was really hoping to get a PK staffs POV considering it has the most concurrent players so things might get chaotic. Y’all always have it covered though! Keep up the good work!

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
was really hoping to get a PK staffs POV considering it has the most concurrent players so things might get chaotic
pk chat is absolutely horrible at times. needless political bs and lgbt hate are frequent, hence why there are so many staff for it. i am also interested though, because there's no 'job description' really: besides helping confused players and punishing rule breakers, there are plainly other things that mods and mod+'s do that arent so obvious, so id be interested to know what staff thought of that stuff when they got the job.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
What server you staff on and what it's like? Skyblock/islands
What are your daily duties? Both are pretty dead rn. Hop on buy some mana, check warps for auto clickers, chill out in chat. Tickets, appeals, sorting/testing bugs.
How easy/difficult is it to make progress throughout the staffing process? Not that hard to get into the groove. Very easy to know when and how to use your staff perms after a couple months
How long have you been staff? around a year
Do you still enjoy playing the server as a staff member? Ye

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Survival and Factions
Check Public discord for pings, Check Staff discord for pings, Check dm's for issues, check tickets (I don't do many appeals), Then I try to get in game and staff there.
There are always interesting situations but for the most part once you are comfortable with permissions and our Handbook its usually pretty easy. If you mean moving from Helper - Mod - Mod+ it has a process and works through that the same way for everyone.
~ 9 months
Yes its still heaps of fun even though I don't get to "play" much, but its really different and there are times I wish I could spend more time with my crowd. Staffing as opposed to playing is still super fun though.

caleb!

Dedicated Member
ELITE
imageyser
imageyser
ELITE
Ratings
251 8
What server you staff on and what it's like? i staff on SWAG [aka creative], its very SWAG and great. i can build sometimes too and there aren't too many people so usually everyone is nice there !!
What are your daily duties? handling plot subs, chat, appeals, tickets, pretty much sums it up :) dealing with rude builds sometimes, uhh divorcing people lol!
How easy/difficult is it to make progress throughout the staffing process? I feel pretty decent at staffing now, so not too tricky from personal experience
How long have you been staff? almost 3 months which is pretty WACK to say.
Do you still enjoy playing the server as a staff member? YEA imo creative is one of the easier servers to play as staff bc u can play normally, the only thing really is building & chatting lol. ALSO staff is super fun, u get to know the rest of the staff team pretty well & everyone's super nice!!

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Olympus, but mainly Atlas, and Parkour! I'm a mod+ on Olympus and mod on Parkour.

Appeals, tickets, mana comm disc/staff disc pings, pms, help channels, you get the gist

It's almost the same as being a player trying to progress, the only difference that we have to watch out for hackers, chat offenders, and other staff related things!

Since august of 2020 (damn it's been a while). So, around 8-9 months!

yessss I do, but life is getting real busy rn so I don't have much time to spend online :cry:

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
omg i love these questions!! id be more than happy to answer <3

1. What server you staff on and what it's like?
I staff Olympus, in which I main Aether and am a Mod+, and Creative where i'm a Mod! Both are pretty chill gamemodes and I absolutely love them both

2. What are your daily duties?
Some of my daily duties include checking the community Discord for any issues or reports made (such as an Olympus bug or an inappropriate plot on Creative), checking Forums for support tickets and ban appeals, logging on in-game to either see if there are any Creative plots up for submission to get a grade or if I am needed on Olympus for anything, and answering helpops/reports in-game!

3. How easy/difficult is it to make progress throughout the staffing process?
I'd personally say its relatively easy to make progress on Creative, however a little bit more difficult on Olympus. Since the season for Olympus reset back in February, there are lots of bugs and reports to be made, therefore a lot of my in-game time on Olympus is spent testing bugs that have been reported as well as any player reports like hackers, chat rule breakers, or game rule breakers. Therefore as a player who spends as much time on Olympus as I do might have 20 rebirths, I might only have 10. I have absolutely no complaints though, as I wouldn't change it for anything in the world!

4. How long have you been staff?
I have been staff since June 27th of 2020... So about 10 months!

5. Do you still enjoy playing the server as a staff member?
I absolutely love it! if anything, I really feel like it enhances my love for gameplay on ManaCube. Although I can be taken away from playing to deal with reports on players/bugs and other staffing responsibilities such as moderating another gamemode's chat due to a report, as I stated above, I wouldn't change it for anything! Being able to help out as much as I can for a server I love is so rewarding

abbie<3

Forum Expert
ELITE
uhhabbie
uhhabbie
ELITE
Ratings
285 11
this is kinda cool.

what server i staff on:
i originally staffed on factions (main), and then i started staffing on creative aswell. being a srmod i’m now able to do staff things on all of our game modes, but i stick to factions as that’s kinda of my job!

daily duties:
i usually am looking at tickets/ pings/ appeals that i can help with. one of the main parts of my job is also to figure out factions suggestions/ updates, so i do that aswell when there’s things for me to do

how easy/ difficult is it to progress:
it’s different for everyone obviously, but i’ve found that as long as you feel comfortable and are willing to put in the work, it’s a relatively straight forward process to progress.

how long have you been staff:
a little over a year (i got staff on april 10 2020)

do you still enjoy playing:
it’s for sure tough to play (factions staff can’t play on main accounts), but i still have a fun time. one of my favorite things about playing minecraft is actually just getting to talk to people and hangout, not so much about actual gameplay. since getting staff i for sure got a lot of new/ other people that i can hangout with, which is great!

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
Ex-Parkour Mod and current Olympus Helper. Staffing on Parkour got pretty stressful for me over time and eventually I felt like I needed to change things up a bit, so I put my efforts toward Olympus!

As a Mod, I checked appeals and tickets about twice a day, when I got on and before I got off. Of course I also dealt with pings relevant to me (parkour pings and such) and making sure players aren't breaking rules in chat (there were a LOT). As an Olympus Helper, this list of duties is a lot shorter, since I don't have access yet to deal with them. Because Olympus recently reset, there are a lot of bugs that need finding, testing, reporting and that takes up the majority of my duties for the day. Everything else is pretty much addressing Olympus pings and participating in discussion.

On Parkour, it depends on how chat is acting. The server is notorious for having a lot of players online at once and dealing with chat can take a decent amount of time to deal with, especially if doing a longer map like an expert, insane, or champion. I would get interrupted pretty easily.
On Olympus as a Helper, it's quite easy to be a normal player and go for leaderboards and such. If a bug report is pretty small, it usually doesn't take me more than 5 minutes to test and have it fully reported. Larger bugs may take longer but it generally doesn't significantly take away from my daily playing time.

I joined the team in August of 2020, so around 8 and a half months now. 7 of those months were spent as Parkour staff and 1 and a half spent as Olympus staff.

Sure, I'd say so. Olympus still has a good amount of bugs left to deal with but Olympus is mainly just mining so I'll just keep mining and grinding away for leaderboards while updates get rolled out.

violentx

PATRON
violentx
violentx
Patron
Ratings
16 1
What server you staff on and what it's like? Skyblock/islands
What are your daily duties? Both are pretty dead rn. Hop on buy some mana, check warps for auto clickers, chill out in chat. Tickets, appeals, sorting/testing bugs.
How easy/difficult is it to make progress throughout the staffing process? Not that hard to get into the groove. Very easy to know when and how to use your staff perms after a couple months
How long have you been staff? around a year
Do you still enjoy playing the server as a staff member? Ye
Thanks for the response and feedback Mike!

violentx

PATRON
violentx
violentx
Patron
Ratings
16 1
this is kinda cool.

what server i staff on:
i originally staffed on factions (main), and then i started staffing on creative aswell. being a srmod i’m now able to do staff things on all of our game modes, but i stick to factions as that’s kinda of my job!

daily duties:
i usually am looking at tickets/ pings/ appeals that i can help with. one of the main parts of my job is also to figure out factions suggestions/ updates, so i do that aswell when there’s things for me to do

how easy/ difficult is it to progress:
it’s different for everyone obviously, but i’ve found that as long as you feel comfortable and are willing to put in the work, it’s a relatively straight forward process to progress.

how long have you been staff:
a little over a year (i got staff on april 10 2020)

do you still enjoy playing:
it’s for sure tough to play (factions staff can’t play on main accounts), but i still have a fun time. one of my favorite things about playing minecraft is actually just getting to talk to people and hangout, not so much about actual gameplay. since getting staff i for sure got a lot of new/ other people that i can hangout with, which is great!
Honestly really excited you replied abbie! Cool to hear from someone a little bit higher up on the staffing team :)

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
I'm currently a little inactive but i'll answer this how I usually would act as staff (if work wasn't as busy as it currently is haha)

I applied for Helper originally on Islands, which is my favourite server on manacube. I love it so very much. Along with islands, I received Aztec and Oasis staff since Skyblock and Islands are similar. Around a month after I was promoted to Mod on those servers, I applied for Survival and was promoted so Survival Helper two weeks after applying.

I check the pings i received overnight on discord, spend roughly 1-3 hours on the server, process tickets and appeals, discuss other appeals/punishments with the team, talk to the community of Islands to figure out different bugs and ask for suggestions, plus a few other things that i can't say ;)

Depends on what your intended result is. Some things take longer to do and some things can be dealt with overnight. Its a mix :)

I have been a staff member since April 17th, 2020, so over a year :)

I do like playing the server, but it is no longer my main focus. I have to be alert of chat at all times, I have to travel to different servers for reports and helpops and I have to deal with pings from discord + more distractions, so actually playing the gamemodes can be a little tricky.

this was epic thanks for asking cool questions

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
Currently a survival mod :)

In the morning then also at night before bed I’ll usually check the forums to reply to tickets/appeals, maybe make a few forum posts. During the day I’ll hop on when possible and also have Discord in the background so I can check for staff related pings (reports, issues a player is having, etc)
When it comes to in-game I’ll usually be helping out players if they need it or at other times work on building or just run around spawn when I’m bored.

When you first become staff probably the thing that becomes the most surprising is the speed that chat rolls with players messaging you to help them, reports and help ops, and more. At first it can catch you off guard as it can sometimes be a bit overwhelming but overtime you can settle in pretty well and get used to it more. The other thing that I kind of miss is being able to be afk. As staff it’s best to avoid to be afk as players often ask you about certain things or expect you to ban a hacker and if you’re afk obviously you can’t do that. So if I ever have to step away from the computer to take the dog out etc I usually disconnect or go to the hub until I come back.

It just seems like yesterday I first became helper but I’ve been on the staff team for almost 5 months now.

Absolutely. It may seem daunting at first like “I have to do all this as staff and I’m not even PAID?” But I enjoy playing survival and as staff that it doesn’t feel much as a chore but something I want to and look forward to doing. I’ve also gotten to know a bunch of people on the staff team and players in the Manacube community.

In short if you ever wonder if you should apply for staff or if you’re right for the job think to yourself what attributes or positive things you bring to the table. It can seem intimidating but I promise there are no regrets.

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
oueeeee im kinda late to the party but questions!!

1. What server you staff on and what it's like?
I staff on both kitpvp and parkour!

2. What are your daily duties?
When I first wake up, I usually go through all of my pings and answer my DMs. After that I usually check the forums and usually do an appeal or two. Next I log onto mana for a little and say hi to everyone before starting school. Lately its been a little weird with school so I haven't really had time to do maps or build but usually I try to do a couple maps a day as well as build some new maps. I try to get into some calls and just talk and vibe!

3. How easy/difficult is it to make progress throughout the staffing process?
Depending on which gamemode you are staffing depends on how easy/difficult the beginning is. When I first got helper on parkour, the chat went faster than it ever has been and was kinda overwhelming but I had an amazing mentor who helped me through it. Everyone on the team is so welcoming and are so happy to help. After probably a month, I fully got the aspect of chat down and was able to focus on more things. I now help with maps, events, etc outside of just ingame and its alot of fun!

4. How long have you been staff?
I have been staff on ManaCube since December, wow its been like 5 months that's weird.

5. Do you still enjoy playing the server as a staff member?
I still have alot of fun playing on the server. Lately I have stuck with more of the staffing side as my time is low, but summer is in one week and I am so excited to really get back into the server and hopefully try out some new gamemodes!

Thank you for the questions!!! I love answering them :)

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
Ooo oooooo im a staff I’m the oldest staff member at 121 years old :D