How did you come up with your Minecraft username?

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
I have 3 questions:
1) How did you come up with your current mc username?
2) Do you like your current mc username or would you want to change it?
3) Are you the person that has kept the same username since you bought the account, or do you change it again as soon as your 30 day cooldown is done?

I'm interested to see what everyone's answers are!

ItsAndri

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ItsAndri
ItsAndri
MVP+
Ratings
91 2
So i was always called andri irl because my name is similar to that and my mc username used to me "andri7cool". I first came up with ItsAndri when i was playing clash royale. Then i changed it in mc too

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
Great question!

The answer is quite simple, to be honest

I used to be Admin on a server and I didn't want others to call me by my real name, So I figured I had to come up with an Alias.
I used to watch this Youtuber named 'Dutchtuber'
I really liked the sound of that, but ever since I wasn't a YouTuber I had to slightly alter it.
I came up with Dutchy and stuck with it ever since!

lokiio

VIP
VIP
Ratings
My first IGN was elc2006, which was a poor choice as I made it in 2014 and it literally contains my initials plus year I was born
I like my current username though, I just put Loki into a random name generator and I quote liked Lokiio, but it was taken so I had to go with Lokiio_ instead.

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
My current name is copied from a different social media platform but I just randomly thought of it I don’t know.

I like my current name and I will probably not change it. I changed it once to my current name.

The only annoying thing is people call me jacobs not Jacob. Like pls

Ayn234

MVP
TheRealAyn234
TheRealAyn234
MVP
Ratings
I came up with Ayn234 because my real name is A y _ _ n (that's where Ayn came from) and 123 was overused so I went with 234. :)
I like the name Ayn234 so I most probably won't change it
When I got my minecraft account, my name was "spicybats"... not entirely sure why but about a year ago I changed it to Ayn234. That's my story

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
I would like to thank Xbox Live random name generator ;)
ohhhhhhhhhh that makes a lot of sense now.

As for me, I have always had the IGN AriesNinja. My parents actually suggested the name, cuz I am known to be pretty flexible both mentally and physically, and my irl name is Aries, so yeah, AriesNinja was born. I don't think I will ever change my IGN, it has a lot of history, and a lot of people from other servers which I have played on / staffed on know me by it.

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
my story is kinda weird. My fav word is Ampersand, so my ign previously was AmperSandX, then ppl started calling me Amp so I always had to have that in my name. I changed to Amperaii, ampev and now I am Amplifii so yee

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Mine is just my name! I have changed my IGN five times in total, before my most recent one I hadn't changed it in 3 years. When I first got Minecraft, AshleyMarie was taken so I did AshleyMarie33 because it rhymed, and just last night I checked named and the username AshleyMarie was free so i snatched it! No more underscore between Ashley and Marie!

Incompleteekoala

Dedicated Member
ELITE
InCompleteeKoala
InCompleteeKoala
ELITE
Ratings
I used to share this account with my siblings and my oldest got to decide the name since he's the oldest. He chose imoney170 because in highschool his nickname was money and his sports number was 17. The current name I chose and I have always found koalas interesting and cute. The incomplete part was just searching up random adjectives on the internet and incomplete was the first to pop up.

Sinre_

ELITE
Sinre_
Sinre_
ELITE
Ratings
honestly, I made Sinre when I was like 9 years old on PlayStation 3. I just hit a bunch of random letters and pressed enter and this was what came out. been using it ever since.

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
My original IGN was actuallyBORIS. It was pretty neat and I liked it. But one day someone misspelled my name in chat, and said BLORORIS! I instantly loved that thing and idek why but that became my IGN, but now it's Blorosaur coz I like Blorosaur <3

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
My actual name is Delaney. My orignal IGN was DuhLaney2789 (get it? lmao cringe) Everyone called me Laney (some called me Duh) but I thought Laney sounded cute and I like it and now it's my name.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
my username has usually always had the name ariel included but my first ign Xx_Ariel_xX was made with help from my dad. he didnt want my name out on the internet since i was 8 when i got mc. the name ariel was because i was and still am obsessed with ariel from the little mermaid so the name kinda got attatched to me. i've had a few igns but i dont change it often lol

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
I have too many to explain (there is a reason for each one)
lookup mine on namemc

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I have 3 questions:
1) How did you come up with your current mc username?
2) Do you like your current mc username or would you want to change it?
3) Are you the person that has kept the same username since you bought the account, or do you change it again as soon as your 30 day cooldown is done?

I'm interested to see what everyone's answers are!
1. My twin likes Sonic I like Jurassic park
2. I dislike it intensely
3. Same since I bought it

Paige

Forum Expert
MVP+
Ratings
211 1
My name is Paige or nickname Paigey and I am a real princess therefore PrincessPaigey.
It's the best username to exist, I've changed it once not changing again.

Last edited:
I started out as Maks_z_pukim, which was bad, cuz it had my name AND my sisters synonim which was... yah.
then i switched Encoded_MAKS which still had my name, and my yt channel in it,
but of course, the yt channel wasnt going to work, so i changed it to PenguinSavage. i love penguins, and this one just is cool. im thinking about switching to PenguinDeSavg as thats my discord, and it seems better.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
So about 4 months ago I had an ign that embarrassed me and I couldn't think of anything to change it to.
I'm not going to share the name because of how embarrassing it is lol
Then I was thinking and I had some acid reflux and I thought "Oh! That's what my new name will be! Acid Reflux!" I then realized AcidReflux was taken on not just Xbox Live, Soundcloud, and even Scratch, and I decided since I like riddim, I would do something SVDDEN DEATH would be proud of (he's one of my favorite artists ;D). I switched my name to AcidReflvx. Acid Reflvx. And Acid_Reflvx.
My friend told me about ManaCube about 2 weeks after the change of name. So, you could say that I've been in a flow for the last several months.