How did you come up with your Minecraft username?

tinyScorpio13

ELITE
tinyScorpio13
tinyScorpio13
ELITE
Ratings
32 2
I've had a stupid amount of usernames in the 6 years I've had this account. Most of them relate to an old server I used to play. My very first username was GoldenCheese1, and as lovely as that is, I didn't like being called "Cheese" by my friends. I was hoping for Goldie...Anyway, I took a 2 year break from Minecraft, returned in 2018, and about a year after that I decided to finally create a solid username instead of changing them all the time. I had my physical (idk if this is called the same in other countries, but in America it's a full check-up and is necessary to attend school in the fall) around the same time and I found out that I had finally reached 5' tall! My twin sister is 5'6", and she called me tiny. It stuck more than she knew, so here we are! I used my zodiac sign because I like the sound of it and 13 is my dad and I's lucky number.

How'd you come up with yours, 4thForce?

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I've had many names, but I'll explain Quinnyp for those who haven't had the privilege of hearing my "what does the p stand for" explanation ;)

I was heavily involved in playing an MMORPG called Aion for many years. I still play on occasion, as I built myself into a community there that is like my second family. The leader of my legion is someone who has helped me a lot both in the game, and irl. Her in game name is KittyPurry (which yes, is catified Katy Perry). When I was switching my main class to the same class as her character, I had no clue what to name it, so I named it after her. Yes, the p in Quinnyp stands for Purry, because my gunslinger in Aion was named QuinnyPurry, after my gaming mom. I have thought about changing my name to the full name, but I kinda like the shortened version. It's cute and simple, and easy to tab to.

I don't change my Minecraft name much anymore, but going through my NameMC will reveal many things about me that I am definitely ashamed of, such as: My Erza Scarlet obsession, the name of my favorite OC, as well as my edgy satanist phase. Enjoy at your leisure :,)

Charburger

Dedicated Member
Ratings
I started out as Char0108 but changed it to Charchar81 to match Charchar80

gabby(turt)

Forum Master
ELITE
gabbyyxo
gabbyyxo
ELITE
Ratings
169 7
well ocean said my username was ugly so i changed it to turt7 because everyone calls me turt and my favorite number is 7. its cute and short which i like. i do like my username bc its short like i said. i change it every 30 days mostly because i like to. this is my 22nd username lol. funny story i use to be named flyingbella1212 and everyone called me bella because there was this one girl in my class named bella and i loved her name so i used it and my dad came up with flying <3 lol

Slime_Lord101

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Slime_Lord101
Slime_Lord101
Patron+
Ratings
271 3
This certainly is a great thread! Very interesting to see where everyone came up with their ideas and see some info about their accounts. Here's some about myself;

1) Pretty much just liked slimes and was decently good at the same prior to creating this account, so Slime_Lord101 was born. Not quite sure why 101.. Maybe like a lesson 101 or something, honestly beats me lmao. When I used my old account before this one, players on an old server called me the "Slime Lord" since I went by Slime, despite the name of the account and the lord came from players calling me a lord, I helped everyone and anybody who challenged me died xD. Pretty fun times.

2) Perfect name, everyone knows me by it. I'd never change it unless the option for the username "Slime" presented itself available. In that case, I wouldn't hesitate to change it at all.

3) Haven't changed it since I created this account in 2016, 0 name changes to this account and proud.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
That's a very good question but

I literally smashed my keyboard and then it shows my name

Also I forgot how to pronounce it
Kare-e-were?

gapplegal

SrMod | Wiki Manager
Senior Mod
gapplegal
gapplegal
Senior Mod
Ratings
298 11
I'm late to the party but I'm here!!

I found a random skin on the internet that I liked. I then saw that there was a gapple on the back and so I'm thinking to myself

'hmm I like gapples. They're cool. Omg i should totally name myself gapple'

I believe gapple was taken and so I had to alter the name. I started questioning myself and what I am. I'm female and so I thought

'gapplegirl? Na doesn't sound the greatest. How about gapplegal? Yeah I like that one'

So I've kept this ign for years. I had one other ign before this but *cough* we won't talk about that horrid ign. Nowadays people just call me gap or gapple so it worked out ig

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
I'm late to the party but I'm here!!

I found a random skin on the internet that I liked. I then saw that there was a gapple on the back and so I'm thinking to myself

'hmm I like gapples. They're cool. Omg i should totally name myself gapple'

I believe gapple was taken and so I had to alter the name. I started questioning myself and what I am. I'm female and so I thought

'gapplegirl? Na doesn't sound the greatest. How about gapplegal? Yeah I like that one'

So I've kept this ign for years. I had one other ign before this but *cough* we won't talk about that horrid ign. Nowadays people just call me gap or gapple so it worked out ig
Sounds good isobel ;)

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
new account history
1604378245446.png

IgnatiusHood is my dad's old ign cause this was his account

My first account history
1604378316150.png

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
well ocean said my username was ugly so i changed it to turt7 because everyone calls me turt and my favorite number is 7. its cute and short which i like. i do like my username bc its short like i said. i change it every 30 days mostly because i like to. this is my 22nd username lol. funny story i use to be named flyingbella1212 and everyone called me bella because there was this one girl in my class named bella and i loved her name so i used it and my dad came up with flying <3 lol
Ah yes I remember that day

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
1) I really wanted to have a 2 word name. Some YouTubers I watched at the time did and I thought it was nice to say and also professional at the same time. I've always been a big fan of magic, watching Harry Potter, doctor who etc. at a young age and decided I wanted that as on half of my name. I also thought and still think that Sunset's are pretty and thought that it would work well with magic. SunsetMagic :D
2) I've had this name since I started on Minecraft, it's so familiar to me now and I would therefore only change my name to Sunset, if it were available.
3) Yes, I've had the same name since I started, changed it once for 30 days [shortly after the name change ability came around] and then back to SunsetMagic.

Nice to see everyone else's responses, keep them coming!

Gqose

Ratings
1. It originated from being headless goose because geese lived around my house a lot. I changed it to blugoose for a while because my skin is blue. Finally, I have gqose because it was the closest to goose. (Still have blue with the skin tho)
2. Right now I like my mc name and won’t change because it’s the closest I’ll get to the name goose.
3. I use to be the guy who changes it by the month but due to me wanting to go for staff and me having the name gqose, I’m sticking with it.

Ratings
I have 3 questions:
1) How did you come up with your current mc username?
2) Do you like your current mc username or would you want to change it?
3) Are you the person that has kept the same username since you bought the account, or do you change it again as soon as your 30 day cooldown is done?

I'm interested to see what everyone's answers are!
I pretty much just thought of a work and Fatal came to mind for some weird reason then I searched up random work gen and Storm came up so i guess just go with ur gut.