How did you come up with your Minecraft username?

ImJules

MVP+
ImJules
ImJules
MVP+
Ratings
I have 3 questions:
1) How did you come up with your current mc username?
2) Do you like your current mc username or would you want to change it?
3) Are you the person that has kept the same username since you bought the account, or do you change it again as soon as your 30 day cooldown is done?

I'm interested to see what everyone's answers are!
1) well my names is Jules so I thought it would fit pretty well.
2) I used to be named Thegamergirl178 which I don't really know why, I guess it's because i'm a gamer girl.
3) I used to change it quite a lot but lately I have been keeping the same name, I finally found one that I liked you might say <3 :)

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I used to play on a mini game server and they had this game called Super Smash Mobs, SSM for short, and I had never found someone who could kill me on a regular basis and that had more wins. So I named myself SSM_GOD.

My account started out as my brothers, my dads, and mine so it was named after his old works junk email. Right around the time I changed my name, the server released /stats and you could see how many wins other people had, and players who were better than I started to pop up like crazy. After being called out a bunch, I changed it to IcedTeaPvP because then was the hight of people putting pvp and yt in their name and I loved/love brisk ice tea. But I hated that so much and also got worried someone would take my name since I saw someone coppied me and was named TheRealSsmGod or something.

Once I was back as SSM_GOD, I got locked out of the account on the website, so I've been stuck with the name and the skin. It's kind of become a staple for who I am and has sort of became a part of me personally, so I dont think I would change it if I had the chance.

Bleach

Dedicated Member
ELITE
_Bleach
_Bleach
ELITE
Ratings
I have 3 questions:
1) How did you come up with your current mc username?
2) Do you like your current mc username or would you want to change it?
3) Are you the person that has kept the same username since you bought the account, or do you change it again as soon as your 30 day cooldown is done?

I'm interested to see what everyone's answers are!
Drinking bleach is a secret passion of mine. I just recently changed my IGN after 4 years. I probably won't ever change it, especially if my phase doesn't end up fading away.

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
Evan is my name and I like technology, hence EvanTech
Yeah I like it, I don't see myself changing it any time soon
I used to change my name constantly but I've only had 2 usernames in the past couple years, staying consistent

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
1) Well, my name is basically a simile... for people who have interacted with me- they know I can be quite intense and I like to compare my temperament to a storm. I've always had prefix suffix names due to my obsession with Warrior Cats- so I just kinda slapped Skies on there. Honestly, it just means I'm like a stormy sky. Seriously, some ppl said they were afraid of me. I think storms are kinda cool, see standing out in the rain doesn't bother me until I get soaking wet and then freezing cold. YT stands for youtube, it's kinda self-explanatory.... yes I have a youtube channel, that's probably the second most asked question besides "are u a girl." :rolling_eyes: ofc I'm a girl!!
2) I like my current name, but I think the YT in my name is kinda cringe ngl, but I'm assuming StormySkies is most likely taken so I'm kinda stuck with the YT at the end. Plus, I've kinda gotten used to having it at the end so not having YT in my name would feel weird to me :))
3) I've only ever changed my name once- for those who've known me for a long time they would know my old IGN was Echosonganime. So instead of being STORMMMYEEYEEYEYEYEYEEYE or STORMMYYYYY or STORMIIIEEEEEEE, or STORMMMSSYYYY I was just ECHOOOOOOO. You know how cool a name that is? Super cool. I literally love being called ECHOOOOOO it's like the person is yelling echo into a tunnel and then hearing the echo. Yeah, I think it's because I felt like I was just an echo, a shadow of my former self or something. Probably not that deep, I just like to think that... more likely it was another warrior cats reference and then I slapped anime on there bcuz I was like thirteen and very cringe.

AlfieJay

Parkour Mod+ | Survival Mod
Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
1) My name IRL is Alfie but Alfie-Jay is a family nickname. Originally I was like "there's no way it's not taken" so I did stuff similar to AlfieJay, like AlfieJayPlays back when that was cool and stuff like that. Then I, for the hell of it, tried AlfieJay and it worked so I've kept it ever since

2) I kinda like it, although I would have preferred it if I came up with a unique name instead of using my actual name since everyone either calls me by my real name or "Jay" which sounds totally different in my head and hurts xD

3) As soon as I found out AlfieJay wasn't taken I haven't changed it, although I have thought about doing it since. Might do if I can come up with a better one but since people know me as Alfie on Mana I'd probably only consider changing if I went onto a diff server

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
1) No clue how I thought of PyroTortilla. I remember I was trying to think of a Clash of Clans username and somehow my brain put Pyro and Tortilla together????
2) I like it - it's original and not SUPER cringe, so yeah I'll keep it.
3) When I first got Minecraft, I got it to play with my school friends in like grade 4. I made my username an inside joke (redfluffybunny5) because we only played on a small private server. I changed it to PyroTortilla (which I've been using for years on other accounts) on the second day of me being on Manacube because being 16 with redfluffybunny5 felt cringy and weird.

Razrah

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Cibrg
Cibrg
Patron+
Ratings
200 41
I go by Cibr on all platforms because I think it sounds cool and it’s part of the name in my family business.

I changed my name to SON0MA for a month because my first ever IGN was Sonoma8 (my nan made it when my parents wouldn’t buy me mc) and I also have 53 name changes, not because I’m indecisive, I have been going by Cibr for a long time, I just have so many name changes I want to Keep it going every month and see how many I can get .

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
1) My current IGN is based on my name, but as my name is taken I thought "Oh, Joshy would work". I then changed it until I was able to submit it as an IGN, therefore my name is now Jashhy!

2) I am not going to change my name, I've basically changed my entire social media accounts to match it so it makes sense to keep it as it is.

3) I used to change it every 30 days... if you were to look at my name history you'd understand.. but that isn't happening anymore haha.

~ Jash

Cowamin

Forum Expert
PATRON
Ratings
381 13
I have had a few Minecraft accounts that I have forgotten passwords to, but my most recent account that I have been using on manacube was initially named Cowamin99. I kinda came up with the name on the spot because my girlfriend is from Colorado (Co), I go to college in washington (wa), and I am from minnesota (min), and I was born 99. Kinda silly I guess, but thats all I could think of. It's funny though cause like everyone calls me Cow which I never intended to happen or could have predicted but I suppose it makes sense lol. Most recently I changed my name to MutedCowamin, well cause I am perm muted oop- if I ever get unmuted itll go back to Cowamin or UnmutedCowamin or something like that haha