BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
I have some tips for you creating a map!
1) Come up with a unique theme that no one has created on the server
2) Make a main build that fits your theme
3) Make sure that your parkour is built against your main build and use blocks that blend in so as to not take away from the map
4) Use a wide range of different blocks in your parkour as to vary it up. This may include things like fences, heads, glass panes, brewing stands, water and so on

Good luck with your next map!

- Bin

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello BarrelAgate2772,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't original, as there are a few Japanese themed maps already, I would recommend referring to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't bad. It's accurate to the theme but is quite small - resulting in it being pretty simple. For a theme like this I would recommend making the build significantly larger, so you have more room to build and add details.
The parkour is varied, it does feel a little bit repetitive at times but you did use some different jump styles which is good.
The difficulty is a bit inconsistent, for the most part it suits an easy map, but some of the jumps closer to the end would be better for a medium/hard map. The length is good for an easy map.
In the future, please follow the map submission format listed here https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ this will make it easier for members of the community to test your map and give feedback, as well as making it easier for judges to find and judge your map :)

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.