CullanP

Admin | Software Engineer
Admin
CullanP
CullanP
Admin
Ratings
75 15
i get that they work on the server but i wasnt really enforcing the fact that they dont interact with the players, i was mostly saying that the dont care about the players, big difference imo. yeah they do tickets and whatever but ensuring bugs dont appear out of nowhere? they dont do that or at least not very well..
I'd like to understand your thinking in why you believe the admins do not care about the players. If the only logic is that there are bugs on the server or bugs that pop up from time to time with updates I don't really understand how this is relevant to that topic. Proper constructive criticism requires a valid argument to be had, however there is none here that actually relates to us not caring about players (Bugs does not relate to this topic) and trying to correlate the two would be impossible unless the argument is we intentionally put bugs there. Just as an extra reference to this, before this thread was made I was working on a ton of bugs. As a side note, doing tickets does correlate to some degree to caring about the players, if the other argument is that we take too long on bugs, this still does not relate to us not caring about the players. It just means our time is being spent elsewhere as of the current moment

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,322 82
he showed repeated bias and was reported 2 months prior to this incident THATS CAP manacube staff do not get caught for breaking the rules.
The only reason I say this is because manacube staff decide stuff as a group, etc there are 10 kids and 2 of them want to play hide and seek and tag so they cant decide, they decide to have a vote, 4 decide tag 6 decide hide and seek because the 6 kids like hide and seek, so there is a bias of relation. Staff will show bias to surcome they relation with another.
Again, he has since been banned for this and numerous other reasons. There is no reason to keep dragging up old, resolved issues.

Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
I'd like to understand your thinking in why you believe the admins do not care about the players. If the only logic is that there are bugs on the server or bugs that pop up from time to time with updates I don't really understand how this is relevant to that topic. Proper constructive criticism requires a valid argument to be had, however there is none here that actually relates to us not caring about players (Bugs does not relate to this topic) and trying to correlate the two would be impossible unless the argument is we intentionally put bugs there. Just as an extra reference to this, before this thread was made I was working on a ton of bugs. As a side note, doing tickets does correlate to some degree to caring about the players, if the other argument is that we take too long on bugs, this still does not relate to us not caring about the players. It just means our time is being spent elsewhere as of the current moment

Ariana what are you doing here

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,192 295
Damn this post already at page 5

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,322 82
Cullan has perfectly explained the argument pertaining to the Admin viewpoint and issues/bugs (as a Dev).

To summarise, players are fully allowed to vent about frustrating experiences they have whether it be with a bug in-game, a situation involving a staff member or community member - we are not here to stop you venting appropriately. But, we are allowed to comment our side also. Saying "staff don't receive punishments" while providing an example of a currently BANNED ex-staff member is not getting us anywhere, and this has absolutely nothing to do with the initial conversation. Yes, some reports take time to look into because Admins NEED to ensure the information they are receiving is correct, which is not always easy to prove in certain situations. But because you do not see what's going on in the background, does not mean nothing is being done. Evidently, many staff have been demoted and/or banned for various reasons (reasons which do NOT need to be discussed, again - they have been resolved, please do not mention specific players/ex-staff members who have received punishments or use this as an opportunity to throw accusations around. There are appropriate ways to go about serious concerns).

My initial point earlier about my personal viewpoint was misunderstood - my history as staff has NOT changed my viewpoints at all. I have held the same opinions before I began staffing, during my time as staff, and even after I had resigned. Trust me, I know certain things can be incredibly frustrating, and again, I am the first person to defend and encourage players venting those frustrations - as long as they are not being hostile towards others and are willing to hear the other side of the story. Staff experience frustration too - not just with handling rule-breakers as you may assume, but again, we too play the server. Creative staff for example are just as eager for a reset as the rest of the Creative community.

You are allowed to be frustrated, frustration is normal - we are ALL human here, we all have emotions and difference of opinion. But these can be discussed without devolving into arguments. All we ask is for a little patience, understanding and trust that we are doing what we can to ensure the community is a safe place (as moderation staff), and that Admins have that same core value (Admins who are technically "Developers" are not involved with staff management/community moderation - their primary focus is bugs and issues with the network, but we do have Admins who are specifically entrusted in dealing with the community and the staff team).

Status
Not open for further replies.