ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Hey y'all! I wanted to make a thread where our ManaCube community can ask our lovely ManaCube Staff any questions they have always wanted to ask (and vice versa)! I've noticed that there are so many people who think of the staff team as bots who just monitor the server, but I promise we aren't! Or are we... ;)
Rules:
~Do NOT ask for personal or private information
~Be respectful in this thread! It's just a fun questionnaire to enjoy and learn some things about the community!
~The community can ask Staff Members questions, and Staff Members can ask the community questions as well!
~Have fun with your questions!

For the community playing: Whether the questions are about what it's like staffing, how long they plan to staff the server, what is the most challenging thing about being a staff member, and much more! Try to come up with some crazy questions!

For the Staff Members playing: Whether the questions are about what its like being a player in times of chaos in chat, how long the community has played/plans to play, and much more! Like I stated above, try to come up with some crazy questions!

I'll start y'all off with one!
To the community: What is your favorite thing about the ManaCube server, the Discord, or the Forums?

Have fun! <3

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
I would say the best thing about Manacube is that it is very unique compared to other servers, and I am talking from an Aether/Parkour/Islands point of view.

Hey, I've got a question for you, How long does it usually take staff members to get promoted from, say, Helper to Mod, and then Mod to Mod+, and so on?

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
The discord/Forums because In game is more toxic and annoying to deal with

STAFF CAN ONLY ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW
-Favorite Movie?
-Favorite Game (Not MineCraft) (can be board games like Scrabble,Sorry,Uno etc)
-If you where to learn a different language what language would it be and why?
-If you where to move to a different country and or state, what state or country would it be and why?
-What's your favorite Holiday?
-Favorite Food?
-Computer/Laptop Specs?
-Favorite Animal?
-What type of career do you want to pursue? Ex: Technologist, Biologist, Software Dev

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I would say the best thing about Manacube is that it is very unique compared to other servers, and I am talking from an Aether/Parkour/Islands point of view.

Hey, I've got a question for you, How long does it usually take staff members to get promoted from, say, Helper to Mod, and then Mod to Mod+, and so on?
I guess from my perspective it really depends. Some people really get the hang of staffing right away and get comfortable pretty quickly when they become a Helper. Those people may be promoted a little faster, but I would guess the average time someone spends as a Helper is about 2-2 1/2 months or so? Mod+ is really varied timewise though, and I wouldn't know much about that process at all of what goes into decisions to promote Mods up to Mod+.
-Favorite Movie?
-If you where to move to a different country and or state, what state or country would it be and why?
-Favorite Food?
-Computer/Laptop Specs?
-Favorite Animal?
-What type of career do you want to pursue? Ex: Technologist, Biologist, Software Dev
Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Game: Either League of Legends or Aion (an older MMORPG). Although I suppose those are games I have love hate relationships with really. It's complicated haha
Language: I would still consider myself a learner of German even though I can understand it decently when reading and writing. But I would also really love to learn Korean or Chinese. The languages are so different from English and I think they sound really cool :)
Country: I would probably prefer to move to a German speaking nation because I would be ahead of the curve for learning the language and communicating. So, Germany, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, or Austria :)
Holiday: I don't care much about holidays but it's probably Christmas? We always have duck on Christmas Eve and it's my favorite type of meat.
Food: Sushi! No doubt about it (specifically a vegetable tempura roll or the philly roll, but I like pretty much all sushi)
Computer: I have a 2017 Razer Blade Pro Laptop. Core i7, NVIDIA GTX 1060 graphics card, 16 GB RAM, it gets the job done and it keeps me mobile since I move around a lot during college. I plan on building a desktop once I stay in one place for awhile.
Animal: the Tapir. Google it.
Career: I'm pursuing a career as a Medical Sociologist. This means I study the way our health care system's policies and treatment affect people in their everyday lives as a whole. More recently, I plan on applying to get my Master's of Public Health first so I can learn more about the policy side of this before pursuing my PhD.

That was a lot! So my community question: If there's a new gamemode that you wish ManaCube had, what would it be?

Last edited:

Quick

Forum Expert
ELITE
Quick_Silver_
Quick_Silver_
ELITE
Ratings
214 20
Just a general question to all staff members. Why staff on manacube? Like there's a million other servers but yall chose this one. Why? :) (genuine question. Not meant to be offensive or anything haha)

Razrah

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Cibrg
Cibrg
Patron+
Ratings
200 41
What do you gain from becoming a staff member/ get in return? As in, is it because you like the feeling of helping people and being a role model/positive figure?

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
I guess from my perspective it really depends. Some people really get the hang of staffing right away and get comfortable pretty quickly when they become a Helper. Those people may be promoted a little faster, but I would guess the average time someone spends as a Helper is about 2-2 1/2 months or so? Mod+ is really varied timewise though, and I wouldn't know much about that process at all of what goes into decisions to promote Mods up to Mod+.

Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Game: Either League of Legends or Aion (an older MMORPG). Although I suppose those are games I have love hate relationships with really. It's complicated haha
Language: I would still consider myself a learner of German even though I can understand it decently when reading and writing. But I would also really love to learn Korean or Chinese. The languages are so different from English and I think they sound really cool :)
Country: I would probably prefer to move to a German speaking nation because I would be ahead of the curve for learning the language and communicating. So, Germany, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, or Austria :)
Holiday: I don't care much about holidays but it's probably Christmas? We always have duck on Christmas Eve and it's my favorite type of meat.
Food: Sushi! No doubt about it (specifically a vegetable tempura roll or the philly roll, but I like pretty much all sushi)
Computer: I have a 2017 Razer Blade Pro Laptop. Core i7, NVIDIA GTX 1060 graphics card, 16 GB RAM, it gets the job done and it keeps me mobile since I move around a lot during college. I plan on building a desktop once I stay in one place for awhile.
Animal: the Tapir. Google it.
Career: I'm pursuing a career as a Medical Sociologist. This means I study the way our health care system's policies and treatment affect people in their everyday lives as a whole. More recently, I plan on applying to get my Master's of Public Health first so I can learn more about the policy side of this before pursuing my PhD.

That was a lot! So my community question: If there's a new gamemode that you wish ManaCube had, what would it be?
Nice,

I would like to see a bedwars/skywars gamemode that would replace KitPvp, or a KitPvp revamp where instead of buying kits with in game currency, it would be kits that would be available so like the weekly kits you get with the rank you have, but nons, can choose kits the same and it would be a rotation, If you would like more info, feel free to dm me on discord Noah!#4260.

BuffIzzy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
BuffIzzy
BuffIzzy
Patron
Ratings
176 1
-Favorite Movie?
-Favorite Food?
-Computer/Laptop Specs?
-Favorite Animal?
-What type of career do you want to pursue? Ex: Technologist, Biologist, Software Dev [/QUOTE]

Fav movie: American Pie 2
Fav game: rn it’s gotta be Genshin Impact
Language: Italian, I know some of the basics already, but ever since I went there I’ve wanted to learn it!
Country: For the longest time I’ve been obsessed with New Zealand! I’d love to move there
Holiday: Halloween or easter (both for the chocolate and candy ofc)
Food: Either a good burger or eggs
Laptop: Well you see I play on a 2019 Macbook Pro and that’s about all I know about it o_O Hopefully one day I’ll get a proper PC though!!
Animal: Either dogs or chickens
Career: I want to do something in a criminal/police field. Not me as a criminal ofc, but I want to be a police officer or something similar! I’m absolutely OBSESSED with true crime documentaries and I love learning the psychology of why criminals do what they do!!!

Just a general question to all staff members. Why staff on manacube? Like there's a million other servers but yall chose this one. Why? :) (genuine question. Not meant to be offensive or anything haha)
The reason I chose to apply to staff on Manacube as opposed to another server is because I love the community we have. I noticed that staff were friendly and willingly talked to players which I loved. I notice a lot on other servers that staff are only there to do one thing, staff. Whereas on manacube we obviously are staffing and doing our jobs and duties, but we also get to talk to the community and still be a part of it. I hope that makes sense :eek:

What do you gain from becoming a staff member/ get in return? As in, is it because you like the feeling of helping people and being a role model/positive figure?
Growing up, I’ve always loved helping people. I saw this as an excellent way to do that. I get to help and provide support for hundreds of people from all over the world, and to me that’s the only thing I need in return :)

Question for the community: how long have you all played minecraft and what got you hooked?

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
-Favorite Movie?
-Favorite Food?
-Computer/Laptop Specs?
-Favorite Animal?
Fav movie: American Pie 2
Fav game: rn it’s gotta be Genshin Impact
Language: Italian, I know some of the basics already, but ever since I went there I’ve wanted to learn it!
Country: For the longest time I’ve been obsessed with New Zealand! I’d love to move there
Holiday: Halloween or easter (both for the chocolate and candy ofc)
Food: Either a good burger or eggs
Laptop: Well you see I play on a 2019 Macbook Pro and that’s about all I know about it o_O Hopefully one day I’ll get a proper PC though!!
Animal: Either dogs or chickens
Career: I want to do something in a criminal/police field. Not me as a criminal ofc, but I want to be a police officer or something similar! I’m absolutely OBSESSED with true crime documentaries and I love learning the psychology of why criminals do what they do!!!

The reason I chose to apply to staff on Manacube as opposed to another server is because I love the community we have. I noticed that staff were friendly and willingly talked to players which I loved. I notice a lot on other servers that staff are only there to do one thing, staff. Whereas on manacube we obviously are staffing and doing our jobs and duties, but we also get to talk to the community and still be a part of it. I hope that makes sense :eek:

Growing up, I’ve always loved helping people. I saw this as an excellent way to do that. I get to help and provide support for hundreds of people from all over the world, and to me that’s the only thing I need in return :)

Question for the community: how long have you all played minecraft and what got you hooked? [/QUOTE]

I've been playing Minecraft for 8-9ish years

It started when my friend got me hooked to mc pe in 2011

I got Minecraft xbox 360 in 2012

I got Minecraft PC in 2014

Minecraft Xbox 1 in 2016 (Old edition, bedrock sucks)

I had a switch but got rid of it for ps4 (had mc bedrock, hated it)

Minecraft PS4 in like 2018

2020 for me has just been MC PC since COVID, and I've managed to rack over 600 ish hours since the pandemic started.

EDIT: for some reason the quote didnt work and idc about that so heads up.

Kuduva

Ratings
65 7
Would you say you spend more or less time actually playing in game (not doing mod duties such as watching chat, but instead, for example, mining in olympus) after you became staff?

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I didn't necessarily become staff to "gain" anything, as cool as it is to help people find their passions for building and improving their mapmaking skills. I like to teach and help people ultimately, and this is a great way to go about doing that.
Would you say you spend more or less time actually playing in game (not doing mod duties such as watching chat, but instead, for example, mining in olympus) after you became staff?
I definitely spend more time doing staff related activities than parkouring or building nowadays. A lot of the times I log in I have the sole purpose of judging maps, or watching chat. On the more intensive and populated servers, you do sacrifice your ability to play freely to help out the community instead. Comes with the job!

I really enjoy threads like these so I won't ask another question, but I'll revisit it every so often to answer player questions for staff :)

Kingaroo

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Kingaroo
Kingaroo
ELITE
Ratings
171 4
-Favoriteovie? Harry Potter Movies.
Among us is probably the only game other than MC that I play.
I been trying to learn Portuguese, since it's close to spanish and I already know spanish.
UK seems fun.
Christmas.
-Favorite Food?
Sushi.
-Computer/Laptop Specs?
Pfft I play on a normal HP laptop.
-Favorite Animal?
Kangaroo obv, jk a slot or a panda.
Right now my plans after High School is to go to college and study Nursing.
HA, I have staffed on a few other servers but when I took a break from MC last year I left everything. I only play on Manacube right now, and I do enjoy staffing it.

I didn't apply to gain anything. I just enjoy coming on and talking to people.

Depend which server, I personally staff parkour and creative. Parkour, definitely spend less time playing than staffing since we are always having to watch chat and answer questions. That's just what I choose to do. On creative, I can build a whole plot without being interrupted. haha

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Question: Do you guys ever talk about your staffing position outside of Minecraft IRL with friends or family?

Answers: New game mode something parkour related maybe a rankup server?? Bought the game of Minecraft like 8-9 years ago when it blew up but been playing consistently for the past 8 months. I was never really hooked on Minecraft for a long term thing until this past year. I don't plan on ever stopping now lol.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
-Favorite Movie? Enola Holmes or Spiderman Far From Home.
-Favorite Game (Not MineCraft) (can be board games like Scrabble,Sorry,Uno etc) I don’t really have a favourite, I don’t mind most
-If you where to learn a different language what language would it be and why? French for sure, one of my friends and I started a while back but we kinda lost motivation. We wanted to be able to talk in class without other people understanding what we were saying lol
-If you where to move to a different country and or state, what state or country would it be and why? I guess France, I think they have a really nice culture.
-What's your favorite Holiday? Halloween/Christmas >:>
-Favorite Food? Pizza or Sushi :D
-Computer/Laptop Specs? Just an Asus laptop lol
-Favorite Animal? Dogs are the best things to ever exist I love them so much I would die for any dog ever
-What type of career do you want to pursue? Ex: Technologist, Biologist, Software Dev.
Anything to do with music. Producing, writing, tour managing, anything.

Question: Do you guys ever talk about your staffing position outside of Minecraft IRL with friends or family?

Answers: New game mode something parkour related maybe a rankup server?? Bought the game of Minecraft like 8-9 years ago when it blew up but been playing consistently for the past 8 months. I was never really hooked on Minecraft for a long term thing until this past year. I don't plan on ever stopping now lol.
Yes my two closest friends, I don’t really talk about it with them that much but they know. They don’t judge me too harshly :p

When I first joined I didn’t know too many people, like every other sever. I started making friends quickly though and just loved the community. Weren’t too many survival staff so I just went for it.

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Not really, I've always been quiet about my gaming life related to Minecraft. I've never really told anyone that I play it! But sometimes I talk to my family about it if I'm hosting an event to let them know I'm not free for a couple of hours, and if I'm not available to do a chore until parkour chat calms down haha

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
@Noah//Dynqmite
-Favorite Movie? - Inception or Interstellar
-Favorite Game (Not MineCraft) (can be board games like Scrabble,Sorry,Uno etc) - Overwatch atm
-If you where to learn a different language what language would it be and why? - French. I took it in freshman/sophomore year but it would be nice to get a better understanding of the language and it's very weird grammar.
-If you where to move to a different country and or state, what state or country would it be and why? - Well I live in California so I'd stay here, but if I had to move I'd move to Australia.
-What's your favorite Holiday? - Christmas because a) food and b) money.
-Favorite Food? - Chimichangas or pizza, depends on the mood lol
-Computer/Laptop Specs? - bad.
-Favorite Animal? - Tbh tigers or any kind of dog
-What type of career do you want to pursue? Ex: Technologist, Biologist, Software Dev - Not sure which part of chemistry I want to pursue but I'm planning on majoring in General Chemistry in college next year and then taking a specific chem class in grad school (like organic chem etc.)

If anyone ever has any questions for me I'm always down to answer and talk with the community! Feel free to DM me anywhere.

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
I ask myself this every day.

Jk ofc, I desired to become parkour moderator on like day 3 of me playing Manacube just because it was the only server I've played where I felt any sort of attachment to the community. Plus parkour is fun, and while I don't really play maps that often anymore due to staffing responsibilities (that answers your question huh @Kuduva ), staffing the server is pretty fun most of the time (all pk players know when its not fun).

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Nope. Sometimes I make a remark about staffing a server to my friends but I've never told anyone directly about it except one of my friends who I played parkour with for a little bit around a year ago.