VIP+
Username: Keegan_Plays
Map Name: Niko
Warp: /plot v Keegan_Plays 2
Difficulty: Expert
Jumps: 105
Checkpoints: 6

TP block at top of the hat with sign, should lead to top of the wall

(Final Photo is reference image for character)

(And sorry if there's a bit to many photos XD)

Attachments

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
Hiya I have some feedback for your map, I am not a judge. The build itself is pretty inaccurate and doesn't really look like the reference you provided. However there is some obvious potential for mapper ability so please do try and take this feedback into your stride. The parkour itself is too repetitive for manacube standards, below I have attached some links providing information about variation and difficulty of maps. I would really recommend to keep building as there is some real talent shown here but I would start with less ambitious builds and less difficult parkour so you can get used to the manacube standard. This can also be achieved by playing modern maps which is now a search option on the log. https://manacube.com/threads/a-brie...quality-difficulty-and-block-necessity.62116/ https://manacube.com/threads/basics-parkour-variance-and-self-constraint.78459/

Keegan Plays

VIP+
Keegan_Plays
Keegan_Plays
VIP+
Hiya I have some feedback for your map, I am not a judge. The build itself is pretty inaccurate and doesn't really look like the reference you provided. However there is some obvious potential for mapper ability so please do try and take this feedback into your stride. The parkour itself is too repetitive for manacube standards, below I have attached some links providing information about variation and difficulty of maps. I would really recommend to keep building as there is some real talent shown here but I would start with less ambitious builds and less difficult parkour so you can get used to the manacube standard. This can also be achieved by playing modern maps which is now a search option on the log. https://manacube.com/threads/a-brie...quality-difficulty-and-block-necessity.62116/ https://manacube.com/threads/basics-parkour-variance-and-self-constraint.78459/
Thanks for the feedback! About the build being inacurate to the photo, that makes sense, considering it wasnt the one I really based it on. I'm not really sure why I used it, aside from it being closest to the in game model (But not even the detailed in game pictures: In all honesty, I'm not sure what was going through my head when I picked it). Ill attach the 3 that I really looked to for inspiration. (First inspired stuff like baggy sleves, disconected scarf ends, general face, and most other details; Second inspired the look of the pants; Third is my pfp and was mostly used to finish up the face.)

Regarding the parkour, yea, it could probably do with some improvements repetition wise. I think I wanna wait to see where improvements are recommended by the judges first before changing stuff, though. Dont wanna make unnecessary changes (Although I do still recognize that changes will be necessary).

Again, thanks for all the feedback, and thanks for the kind words!

Attachments

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
Thanks for the feedback! About the build being inacurate to the photo, that makes sense, considering it wasnt the one I really based it on. I'm not really sure why I used it, aside from it being closest to the in game model (But not even the detailed in game pictures: In all honesty, I'm not sure what was going through my head when I picked it). Ill attach the 3 that I really looked to for inspiration. (First inspired stuff like baggy sleves, disconected scarf ends, general face, and most other details; Second inspired the look of the pants; Third is my pfp and was mostly used to finish up the face.)

Regarding the parkour, yea, it could probably do with some improvements repetition wise. I think I wanna wait to see where improvements are recommended by the judges first before changing stuff, though. Dont wanna make unnecessary changes (Although I do still recognize that changes will be necessary).

Again, thanks for all the feedback, and thanks for the kind words!
Hiya that's perfectly reasonable please do wait until map judges before making changes! Also I meant to say that the build it doesn't look like the character.

Keegan Plays

VIP+
Keegan_Plays
Keegan_Plays
VIP+
Hiya that's perfectly reasonable please do wait until map judges before making changes! Also I meant to say that the build it doesn't look like the character.
In what way doesn't it look like the character? I have a personal bias in that department, considering I build it, but I'm struggling to tell what exactly is holding the build back from looking like the character?

If it has to do with the surrounding areas (Which I doubt, but is also really the only way I can see (again, personal bias)), it was meant to depict a location from the source game called the glen. I thought having Niko running through the area would be a good build, and it definitely turned out better than what it used to be (Which was just Niko standing on a wooden platform).

If you could say what exactly seems to be the dividing factor between the build and the character, that would be greatly appreciated. I wanna make the build the best form of itself it can be!

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
In what way doesn't it look like the character? I have a personal bias in that department, considering I build it, but I'm struggling to tell what exactly is holding the build back from looking like the character?

If it has to do with the surrounding areas (Which I doubt, but is also really the only way I can see (again, personal bias)), it was meant to depict a location from the source game called the glen. I thought having Niko running through the area would be a good build, and it definitely turned out better than what it used to be (Which was just Niko standing on a wooden platform).

If you could say what exactly seems to be the dividing factor between the build and the character, that would be greatly appreciated. I wanna make the build the best form of itself it can be!
It is an issue with the scale of your build. This has resulted in a lack of detail for example the face looks very different due to lack of space. The blue hair is missing. The ears on the hat are too small. The whiskers look a little weird due to the build being diagonal. In terms of the actual body it's a little too small which makes the build quite disportionate which is again a scaling issue. Don't get my wrong it's a good build as I've said before there is obvious talent here, it just had things holding it back.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
It is an issue with the scale of your build. This has resulted in a lack of detail for example the face looks very different due to lack of space. The blue hair is missing. The ears on the hat are too small. The whiskers look a little weird due to the build being diagonal. In terms of the actual body it's a little too small which makes the build quite disportionate which is again a scaling issue. Don't get my wrong it's a good build as I've said before there is obvious talent here, it just had things holding it back.
Please dm me via BinLicker#8371 on discord if you want to continue this conversation as over the forums is a little long winded

MarvelFamily

Forum Expert
ELITE
MarvelFamily
MarvelFamily
ELITE
Ratings
70 2
This is awesome oneshot is one of my favorite games and I even tried to build a niko organic once (didn't work out for me tho) this build just looks really nice (haven't tried pk on it)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Keegan_Plays,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, well done there.
The build is a concern. It's a great start, but as mentioned above, the build isn't really accurate to your reference. The scaling is off, and overall it needs a few changes as far as block choices and texturing as well. Here is a thread with a guide to building organics-
https://manacube.com/threads/basics-seeing-the-simple-shapes-a-beginners-guide-to-organics.79653/
The parkour is repetitive within each section, so make sure you have different types of jumps throughout your entire map. The parkour also is a bit confusing; there are signs, but the path still feels pretty clunky and it's easy to get lost. Make sure you have a clear path throughout! The difficulty of your parkour is also a bit inconsistent; there are a lot of spots that feel too easy for the difficulty.

Here are some additional articles created by community judges/mappers to help with fixing your parkour:
https://manacube.com/threads/basics-nerfing-buffing-pk-general-tips.78981/
https://manacube.com/threads/basics-parkour-variance-and-self-constraint.78459/
https://manacube.com/threads/basics-show-dont-tell-how-to-path-good-signage-and-directions.78219/

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.