warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
This is absurd, and obviously not the reason. "KitPvP doesn't really receive many players" - well, it receives more players than Islands. Also, I wonder why it doesn't receive many players?

I appreciate you trying to reassure the community, suggesting that there may actually be a reason why something like this didn't happen, and no offense to you, but I think we'd all prefer someone who knows to answer, instead of someone just guessing. Again, thanks for trying to reassure us, but it may confuse things if a staff member tells the community something that may not be true.
Calling someone's response absurd is not really the way to go here, is it? I'm 100% sure that Dacon has his reasons for his decisions. If you want answers from a staff member, he is the one to answer on these things. Yes, kit needs more staff. So if anyone watching this thread feels they can help kit out on that area, please go for staff. I'd also like to ask you to think again before you post a reply, because that one can be seen as rude. I'm sure we don't want that :)

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
May 5th

Hes got either 8 or 14 kills. Maybe hes tryna throat punch kitpvp because hes not too good?
That's definitely not it. Dacon or the admins aren't petty like that.

Anthony (ft18m)

ELITE
ft18m
ft18m
ELITE
Ratings
56 1
I couldn't agree with the sentiment of this thread more. Every server has been neglected by Manacube's higher staff at one point in the past, but I've never seen it so bad as it is on Kit rn. I remember thinking that the kit revamp was pretty ambitious, seeing as Kit was short on staff back when the map was a third of the size and it had about a tenth of the features. It's easy to understand why it has fallen apart.

We mustn't blame the staff members for this. As someone who was staff, I can tell you that staff members (sr mods (to a degree) and lower) have almost no impact on servers. They enforce rules, but they do not create the rules or change the way anything works on the server. They can make suggestions and requests, but whether anything actually happens is up to Manacube's administration, and 9 times out of 10 is up to Dacon himself.

The mods can't implement the anti-cheat that was promised over 6 months ago, nor can they fix bugs, attract more players, or add crates. I support the complaints and appeals to kitpvp's broken-ness, but please, don't blame the staff - they want Kit to be fixed as much as we do.
Thank you for the very thorough reply, and thanks to the other staff members that replied. When I put this out to staff, it's not to call them out, even though my words made it seem that way. I just say it like that because I have no other way of expressing my confusion on the situation of KitPVP. At the end of the day, all the small community at Kit want is more information. And if there is not much going on for KitPVP, tell us that too. I obviously don't know how the staff system works here. However, we ask if there is a way for staff members at lower degrees, such as Senior Mods, to be more connected with future updates so that we can hear about them quicker. At this point, keeping an update a secret for the sake of excitement comes off as not having any updates for KitPVP, then we start getting annoyed. I hope you understand what I am getting at here, it makes sense in my head... lol.

Anthony (ft18m)

ELITE
ft18m
ft18m
ELITE
Ratings
56 1
Hi!
I understand that you are frustrated with the current situation on kitpvp. But I can tell you that the kitpvp staff try their hardest to make it better. You also need to remember that staff can't always be on as we have other things to do. And if you think kitpvp needs more staff you can always apply or encourage others to apply for staff.
Thanks for the reply. I've never been the type to get mad at the staff members that aren't on the game 24/7, I know that is unrealistic and I am surprised people still complain about that. Don't take this personally, but as Ollie said, the staff always reply to a problem with "We are looking into it", "We are trying our best", and "We are working on it, it will be fixed soon". I really do hope the staff team is working hard, that is what I try to assume in my head. We just want to be part of that work so that we feel more connected with the staff team. If we know more information, we will complain less, even if that information is "We've got nothing right now, give us some ideas".

I thought about trying to apply for staff a second time, just haven't got the time with school coming back. I'll reconsider if my classes are easy online, :D.

Anthony (ft18m)

ELITE
ft18m
ft18m
ELITE
Ratings
56 1
Calling someone's response absurd is not really the way to go here, is it? I'm 100% sure that Dacon has his reasons for his decisions. If you want answers from a staff member, he is the one to answer on these things. Yes, kit needs more staff. So if anyone watching this thread feels they can help kit out on that area, please go for staff. I'd also like to ask you to think again before you post a reply, because that one can be seen as rude. I'm sure we don't want that :)
Thanks for the reply. Specifically about Dacon, where do we reach him personally? I'd be very surprised if he is the ONLY person with an idea of the future for all of the servers. It might be hard for us players to talk to him, I think he would rather hear it from his staff members on behalf of us (I am not sure though, you tell me... lol).

Also, I accept all the answers from every staff member regardless of the intention. Everyone feels different about the situation. I'm not telling you how to live your life, but don't feel obligated to call them out on it. Nevertheless, I still appreciate it.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Thanks for the reply. Specifically about Dacon, where do we reach him personally? I'd be very surprised if he is the ONLY person with an idea of the future for all of the servers. It might be hard for us players to talk to him, I think he would rather hear it from his staff members on behalf of us (I am not sure though, you tell me... lol).

Also, I accept all the answers from every staff member regardless of the intention. Everyone feels different about the situation. I'm not telling you how to live your life, but don't feel obligated to call them out on it. Nevertheless, I still appreciate it.
Dacon is always working on resets and updates. These don't get shared that often outside of the development team, mainly because he wants to keep them a surprise. Other staff know a few weeks or maybe a month before the reset but we're not allowed to share info on this unless it's been announced already.

You can try to reach out to him on discord but I don't know if you'll have much luck since he's a busy man. Your best bet would be getting a hold of Sunset but I'm not sure if she would have the answers you are looking for.

My message wasn't directed to you. It was about a specific reply :)