Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A SUGGESTION FOR NERFING THEM, BUT IS ALSO A RANT

Recently I made the *shocking* discovery that, in fact, items that give Strength II buff upon holding, do in fact, deal more damage that normal weapons. Shocking, I know. Anyways, this is about the most insane thing I've ever seen. First of all, items with strength naturally degrade armor. Now, of course, this would be a good thing because it makes fights end quicker when they can sometimes last like 14,000 years. BUT BUT BUT, you have to realize that for players with no unbreakable armor, or very little, it's next to impossible to win or survive a fight against a player that has many SVAS, SSVS or whatever you want to call them. Now, of course you're saying, "Manacube does this on purpose to encourage people to buy cubits/crates," but you have to realize this is less about the "P2W" aspect and more about balancing the game. Example: A legendary helmet with protection 4 netherite (your average player) takes about ONE HEART of damage from a Super Mushroom Sword, one of the most common SVA swords. That is, quite frankly, a lot of damage.

THIS IS A BALANCING ISSUE

This isn't a P2W issue, it's a balancing issue. Strength 2 swords are just too powerful.

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO MY RANT

TeamJacob

Earth Mod+
Moderator+
TeamJacob
TeamJacob
Mod+
Ratings
285 17
Hello @Undiny,

Firstly I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, I see your concerns and reasoning, but feel as though your complaints evolve around some misinformation. Earth has always been a realm based around PvP. Going back to the last reset (to the season we're in now), one of the main goals the staff team had was to balance PvP.

I do not see that strength two is overpowered as strength two is vanilla and can be obtained through beacons and potions. As well as balancing that with a sharpness five, or legendary sharpness six sword. Legendary crate items are easily obtainable as they are extremely common and ancient/legendary keys can be obtained through town quests, LPS, ManaPond, and Boss.

Aside from the 'carved pumpkin' helmets, there are only three other armor SVAs that are unbreakable, all are boots. On top of that, they are some of the most rare armor items in the game, with two of them being leather, and the most rare is netherite (rabbit feet). With that, there are no SVA chestplates/leggings. Making it impossible for someone to have a full unbreakable armor set.

On Earth specifically, a large majority of the players are free to play. These F2P players hold their own in PvP and have multiple SVAs. As cubits/SVAs are fairly easy to be obtained by any player who works hard from them.

If you have any questions or want me to go into more detail about the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best,
TeamJacob

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
Hello @Undiny,

Firstly I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, I see your concerns and reasoning, but feel as though your complaints evolve around some misinformation. Earth has always been a realm based around PvP. Going back to the last reset (to the season we're in now), one of the main goals the staff team had was to balance PvP.

I do not see that strength two is overpowered as strength two is vanilla and can be obtained through beacons and potions. As well as balancing that with a sharpness five, or legendary sharpness six sword. Legendary crate items are easily obtainable as they are extremely common and ancient/legendary keys can be obtained through town quests, LPS, ManaPond, and Boss.

Aside from the 'carved pumpkin' helmets, there are only three other armor SVAs that are unbreakable, all are boots. On top of that, they are some of the most rare armor items in the game, with two of them being leather, and the most rare is netherite (rabbit feet). With that, there are no SVA chestplates/leggings. Making it impossible for someone to have a full unbreakable armor set.

On Earth specifically, a large majority of the players are free to play. These F2P players hold their own in PvP and have multiple SVAs. As cubits/SVAs are fairly easy to be obtained by any player who works hard from them.

If you have any questions or want me to go into more detail about the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best,
TeamJacob
I can see where you're coming from, however with beacons, most people will have all 6 beacon effects, and Resistance II (the highest res. level you can get from beacons) has a 40% damage reduction while Strength II has a flat increase of +6 damage (though it was 260% before some update, I believe this changed in the 1.9 update), and I don't know the exact math, nor am I going to calculate it, but I think that in most cases the Strength II will still have a greater effect than that of Resistance II, correct me if I'm wrong ofc.

Plus, most SVA swords have a higher sharpness level than that of ancient/legendary items, however mythic items do give a higher sharpness level often. So even if the Resistance and Strength effects canceled out, the Super Mushroom Swords, Arctic Swords, etc. would all still be superior because you'd still have Strength II in areas with no beacons and the three ways to get constant Resistance (that I know of) are the Giant's Chestplate (a ridiculously rare boss drop), Juice Flask (which I think is getting removed in Season 3), and the Stalhrim Shield (an item that many players don't have).

I'm gonna double down on my claim - Strength II weapons aren't just overpowered - it's imperative that any player that wishes to get anything done PvP-wise has at least three of these weapons in case of deaths (because Holy White Scrolls get removed in the reset I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) when many people don't even have one. There's only so many Strength II pots you can even carry because of how important it is to be carrying a bow, multiple stacks of arrows (if you're using a mending bow), some kind of multi-effect drink, golden apples. golden carrots, multiple sets of spare armor as well as a set of tools to break blocks if your opponent digs away or blocks themselves in, and you can't access player vaults in combat, so you can't store extra Strength pots there, and the cocktail from the summer crate is a pretty rare item that maybe at most a dozen and a half players have.

I don't like to be super confrontational, but it's just the truth from my perspective.

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
what about strenght 3 items
like bo peep?

well at least on earth it's not too op because the 2 or 3 people who have one don't play that much, i wouldn't be concerned about them

Glacier

ELITE
CXVIII
CXVIII
ELITE
Ratings
26 4
Yea what grim said strength 2 pots aren't too hard to make and can be made pretty easily. If you had 7 strength 2 pots thats 10 minutes of strength which is more than enough for an average pvp fight.

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
Yea what grim said strength 2 pots aren't too hard to make and can be made pretty easily. If you had 7 strength 2 pots thats 10 minutes of strength which is more than enough for an average pvp fight.
1. I've seen fights last like 20 minutes
2. There's only so many pots you can carry
3. PVs can't be accessed in combat

skydude1234

Dedicated Member
MVP
skydude1234
skydude1234
MVP
Ratings
52 25
1. I've seen fights last like 20 minutes
2. There's only so many pots you can carry
3. PVs can't be accessed in combat
Completely agree.
And the only really OP items are svas or really valuable so no one goes with them in PVP unless with holys, which are harder to get, and no one really gets mad when they die if their stuff is holy.