woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
238 91
In general punishments across platforms are not combined. The punishment tracking systems are separate and unique, and rules are slightly different on Discord and Forums. However, our staff team does well tracking the most toxic players and does consider overall behavior when requesting accelerated punishment paths. When we do use accelerated paths we are frequently accused of bias and targeting specific players. Regardless, we try to do what is best for the community and for the players that do follow the rules.

Some punishments routinely carry across Discord and in-game. This mostly applies to any illegal actions. It also applies to unsubstantiated accusations about others committing illegal infractions. However. for most infractions the in-game and Discord infractions are separate.

Some general rules-of-thumb.
  • For any permanent bans given in-game you will be banned if you type in our Discord.
  • For malicious activity, if you are banned on Discord you will likely be banned in-game as well.
  • When reviewing appeals we consider overall behavior on the all platforms.
  • For all but the most toxic players we try to avoid permanent Forums bans. This is to allow for players to appeal their bans. If you manage to get perm banned from our Forums you will rarely be welcomed back.
Also what I dont like mostly about rules is the fact that there is a chance to get a bonus punishment next to the original punishment and u dont get to know from the rules that there are other consequences .

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
Racism should never be given a lenient punishment. Nothing in your post Purpz justifies why racism and hate speech is such a minor thing here

A server that considers hate speech a major offense would have never started the punishment path at 3h. 95% of other major server networks start off the punishments with MULTIPLE days worth of mutes, or even bans in targeted cases.

Increase the punishment.

Last edited:

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
238 91
Racism should never be given a lenient punishment. Nothing in your post Purpz justifies why racism and hate speech is such a minor thing here

A server that considers hate speech a major offense would have never started the punishment path at 3h. 95% of other major server networks start off the punishments with MULTIPLE days worth of mutes, or even bans in targeted cases.

Increase the punishment.
Actually some servers instead of just punishing you they have a system where u say an innapropriate thing etc , it will be removed from chat before it was posted and get a warning , if you proceed to do the same thing the same day , you are getting punished .

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
Actually some servers instead of just punishing you they have a system where u say an innapropriate thing etc , it will be removed from chat before it was posted and get a warning , if you proceed to do the same thing the same day , you are getting punished .
That kind of system works really well too. You either need a chat filter that's fully capable of deleting those messages before players see it or a harsher punishment to prevent people from doing stuff like hate speech. They're trolls, only way to trolls is to either prevent people from seeing their messages or make the punishment for hate speech so much harsher they feel its a waste of time.

I mean literally, people can come on and flood the chat with N bombs and 3 hours later, they can chat again like they haven't done anything.

HollowShell

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
PooskinJRmain
PooskinJRmain
Patron+
Ratings
102 14
That kind of system works really well too. You either need a chat filter that's fully capable of deleting those messages before players see it or a harsher punishment to prevent people from doing stuff like hate speech. They're trolls, only way to trolls is to either prevent people from seeing their messages or make the punishment for hate speech so much harsher they feel its a waste of time.

I mean literally, people can come on and flood the chat with N bombs and 3 hours later, they can chat again like they haven't done anything.
start with muting scrambler :mad:

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41

[emphasis added]

But do they? Is this an actual problem we need to solve? I looked through the data and only 16 mutes indicated they were for spamming hate speech. Only one of those was a repeat offender. The remainder stopped after the first mute.
  • I have probably been messaged twice in my 7 years as srmod/admin about someone being muted and then returning and spamming more hate speech.
  • If this does happen staff can tag srmods/admins for permission to give a harsher punishment.
  • If this were a recurring or significant issue staff would make a suggestion to adjust the punishment path. They would provide examples to demonstrate the issue and we would address it. That is typically how changes to the rules and punishment paths occur.
At this point, the only complaint staff report about hate speech punishments is that some players don't like the lengths. In my opinion, that is not a reason to make a change. We may change it in 2023 as we review our processes and implement other improvements. However, that is not something I will commit to at this time.

As far as what other servers do for punishments, I personally do not care. Many networks consider themselves family friendly - we have never marketed ourselves as a children's server and many adults play (and staff) here

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
[emphasis added]

But do they? Is this an actual problem we need to solve? I looked through the data and only 16 mutes indicated they were for spamming hate speech. Only one of those was a repeat offender. The remainder stopped after the first mute.
  • I have probably been messaged twice in my 7 years as srmod/admin about someone being muted and then returning and spamming more hate speech.
  • If this does happen staff can tag srmods/admins for permission to give a harsher punishment.
  • If this were a recurring or significant issue staff would make a suggestion to adjust the punishment path. They would provide examples to demonstrate the issue and we would address it. That is typically how changes to the rules and punishment paths occur.
At this point, the only complaint staff report about hate speech punishments is that some players don't like the lengths. In my opinion, that is not a reason to make a change. We may change it in 2023 as we review our processes and implement other improvements. However, that is not something I will commit to at this time.

As far as what other servers do for punishments, I personally do not care. Many networks consider themselves family friendly - we have never marketed ourselves as a children's server and many adults play (and staff) here
Hopefully you will make changes to the punishment length and make it something considered major, not minor at some point in the future.

I'm sorry, nothing you say can convince me that hateful speech towards groups or entities is only worth a 3h mute, I stand by that. I'm not arguing the system you're defending, I'm arguing a initial base punishment that's clearly way too low (as most players agree) for a singular rule that can easily be adjusted if enough support warrants it.

I see any further discussion to this is likely pointless. Suppose we'll bring it up in the future, again.

Last edited:

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
Tbh idk how the filter is so trash at preventing people from saying hateful and other terrible things, yet you can't drop a full F-bomb lmao I think we should start at improving the filter, then adjust the punishment path.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
Tbh idk how the filter is so trash at preventing people from saying hateful and other terrible things, yet you can't drop a full F-bomb lmao I think we should start at improving the filter, then adjust the punishment path.
tbh what people miss the most is that staff are people too, they have experienced quite a lot of people im sure they havent wanted to. its different than when you're working a job face to face with a person because its online so people dont necessarily have a filter at all. Theres no point in trying to fight against it if staff dont think there needs to be a change. Another big difference between dealing with people irl compared to on a minecraft server, they have the ability to check the data of players, as choc said above most players dont come back to spam hate speech again, if more people were repeat offenders then im 100% certain that they will implement longer punishments but the whole point of having the mute is to make them have a cooldown basically because if they're stopped they dont feel its worth it to keep at it. staff are people too!!

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,192 295
i think that first offence should be a week long mute and then second is a permanent mute it doesent take an Einstein to know that saying bad words isnt allowed

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
i think that first offence should be a week long mute and then second is a permanent mute it doesent take an Einstein to know that saying bad words isnt allowed
Week
Month
6-Month
Year
Perm
That's how I think it should be imo

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
Ummm I hate your opinion
A simple disagree would do. If you’re not adding to the discussion, we don’t need to know you’re every thought

As far as me ‘defending’ the system goes, I’m just trying to speak with facts. If staff show me the system is not working we‘ll address the issues. Until then there is no possible way to make everyone happy This tends to be more of an emotional issue based on judgement.

I don’t have any objections to making needed changes. But changing a working system to satisfy a small but vocal group doesn’t make sense to me.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,192 295
A simple disagree would do. If you’re not adding to the discussion, we don’t need to know you’re every thought

As far as me ‘defending’ the system goes, I’m just trying to speak with facts. If staff show me the system is not working we‘ll address the issues. Until then there is no possible way to make everyone happy This tends to be more of an emotional issue based on judgement.

I don’t have any objections to making needed changes. But changing a working system to satisfy a small but vocal group doesn’t make sense to me.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
but it is extremely broken it needs fixing

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
but it is extremely broken it needs fixing
it literally isn't broken at all. Staff are all aware hate speech is bad which is why it is considered a major offense. It will never become a malicious offense as it doesn't harm anyones safety. She said above aswell that there is a data showing that 85% of players with hate speech mutes stopped after the first offense. If more players continued after their first mute, then it would be considered a broken system and the staff would need to fix it. Punishments serve as a way to show players that their actions will not be tolerated and to put them on a cooldown, if they want to continue, the punishments just get more severe. I don't appreciate hate speech either but what difference will it make by making it a longer punishment if the current punishment already gets 85% of players to stop.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,192 295
it literally isn't broken at all. Staff are all aware hate speech is bad which is why it is considered a major offense. It will never become a malicious offense as it doesn't harm anyones safety. She said above aswell that there is a data showing that 85% of players with hate speech mutes stopped after the first offense. If more players continued after their first mute, then it would be considered a broken system and the staff would need to fix it. Punishments serve as a way to show players that their actions will not be tolerated and to put them on a cooldown, if they want to continue, the punishments just get more severe. I don't appreciate hate speech either but what difference will it make by making it a longer punishment if the current punishment already gets 85% of players to stop.
yeah but it could be 100%