Shield Glitch?

I put a shield into my offhand on accident and it keep glitching back into my offhand when I try to take it off, is this normal? I got the shield as a gift for a friend and I can't give it to them until its out fo my hand so can anyone help? Cheers to anyone that does :)

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Hi! The offhand is disabled on Survival, as tapping F opens a different menu. You can try getting a friend to kill you in /warp pvp - keep inventory is disabled there so all items (including the shield) should drop. Or alternatively, I could contact a Senior Mod to take the shield out of your offhand and return it to you.
Hope this helped!

Ratings
I have the same issue, I have a shield in my offhand, I can't get rid of it,. It doesn't seem to work and I can't loose it my dying

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I have the same issue, I have a shield in my offhand, I can't get rid of it,. It doesn't seem to work and I can't loose it my dying
Empty everything in your inventory into a chest and run the command /clear inventory or /ci twice

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
360 108
I don’t heard about that
Hey I just saw that you replied on a both old post and an already solved one. Just make sure to check the date of posts. I have done this mistake my self and this is why I am mentioning you so you know.