Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I want to start off with thank you for taking your time to respond thoughtfully.

I do agree with you that slayer is probably the best thing we received from the revamp and there is so much potential with it. The weapons and armor need to be rebalanced in some sort of way to make them an alternative possibly to legendary swords and tools but still not as good as sva's. I love the armor abilities but right now they are not worth getting if you have to sacrifice not being able to put other ce's on the set.

I also like the idea of high tier spawners being gated somehow whether its slayer or other restrictions that benefit more of a grindy player rather than an afker. Possibly regarding your idea we could make milestones in slayer that you need to achieve before buying/placing the spawner or even like magma cubes, make them incredibly rare but a better alternative to igs. This is related to how it used to be with the quest shop how you needed to purchase the ability to place igs with 20 quest points. (idk why it was removed)

Another idea that I had was to make players achieve some sort of collection requirement for each spawner before going on to the next spawner. This would prevent players from skipping 90% of the spawners in the game to just using igs. This would also help with players creating alt islands as they would need to complete the island requirements on that island to place the igs and knowing how lazy the afkers can be, I doubt they would be motivated to do It again. These are just a rough estimate for the requirements per spawner https://prnt.sc/v30qg2 . The goal of these requirements is to slow down the midgame of the gamemode and to prevent players to go from farming in the early game straight to afking igs In the lategame

I love the idea of spawners still being very profitable but more of a luxury to own through grind instead of pure money and do agree that slayer can play a key role in making this change for the better.

Last edited:

Tvpstone

ELITE
Tvpstone
Tvpstone
ELITE
I think even a combination of the two ideas would be excellent. Having the ability to place certain spawners be gated behind collection, and having the gathering of high-end spawners be gated by slayer would allow much quicker access to the early-game spawners, while the late-game spawners would require a player to grind multiple aspects of the game in order to stack them.

staviette

ELITE
Ratings
I think a part of the problem is balancing teams vs solo players. Whether the economy is setup for afk2win or grind2win...it just doesn't work when it's 1 person vs a team of 5 or 10 players. No matter if you ban or limit alts, there will still be that huge divide between people playing solo and those teaming up.

Maybe for the next season we could make a real difference between aztec and oasis - make one of them solo players only. Not allow additional players on the island. Eliminate alts altogether. Make it so nobody but the island owner can even access the island, so alts aren't a thing anymore. Downside to that is you couldn't have public grinders or show off your island anymore...not sure if there's a way to let visitors in without letting them do anything to the island or even keep spawners active. Or do like olympus does and have two island worlds - a show off your cool builds and shop sign world that has crop tick and spawners disabled that would be public, and the grinding world that would be private.

Make money non-transferable to other players like olympus does. That helps prevent people from unofficially teaming, though it woudn't eliminate it entirely without some mod enforcement. Prohibit placing infinite chests on islands that aren't yours, so you can't have alt islands.

Reduce the number of stacks on an island to 9 (the max a single player can keep active), but let people unlock increases to the stack size or loot you get? With that change, even letting alts in wouldn't be much of a problem - the most anyone would have is 1 alt to keep spawners active while they do stuff.

If you want to make it grindier, make spawners a drop from the slayer regions, and remove them from the shop. Let people obtain them only from crates and drops. That would have the added advantage of making spawners you get from crates actually useful instead of a huge waste.

Players could still work out for themselves whether they'd rather grind crops/mining/whatever or afk at spawners, or a mix of the two. For those of us without a ton of time to devote to playing, it would be nice if we could find a good balance so that both grinding and afking are viable play styles without one being massively overpowered. Stuff you have to actively do should be a little more profitable than stuff you can get afking, but not overwhelmingly better.

I don't know if any of that would actually work, but hopefully it at least gives you some ideas.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
Even though I don't play skyblock, Maybe next season there could be like 1 skyblock server is a 1 person Island and the second server, is a Multi person Island.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I think a part of the problem is balancing teams vs solo players. Whether the economy is setup for afk2win or grind2win...it just doesn't work when it's 1 person vs a team of 5 or 10 players. No matter if you ban or limit alts, there will still be that huge divide between people playing solo and those teaming up.

Maybe for the next season we could make a real difference between aztec and oasis - make one of them solo players only. Not allow additional players on the island. Eliminate alts altogether. Make it so nobody but the island owner can even access the island, so alts aren't a thing anymore. Downside to that is you couldn't have public grinders or show off your island anymore...not sure if there's a way to let visitors in without letting them do anything to the island or even keep spawners active. Or do like olympus does and have two island worlds - a show off your cool builds and shop sign world that has crop tick and spawners disabled that would be public, and the grinding world that would be private.

Make money non-transferable to other players like olympus does. That helps prevent people from unofficially teaming, though it woudn't eliminate it entirely without some mod enforcement. Prohibit placing infinite chests on islands that aren't yours, so you can't have alt islands.

Reduce the number of stacks on an island to 9 (the max a single player can keep active), but let people unlock increases to the stack size or loot you get? With that change, even letting alts in wouldn't be much of a problem - the most anyone would have is 1 alt to keep spawners active while they do stuff.

If you want to make it grindier, make spawners a drop from the slayer regions, and remove them from the shop. Let people obtain them only from crates and drops. That would have the added advantage of making spawners you get from crates actually useful instead of a huge waste.

Players could still work out for themselves whether they'd rather grind crops/mining/whatever or afk at spawners, or a mix of the two. For those of us without a ton of time to devote to playing, it would be nice if we could find a good balance so that both grinding and afking are viable play styles without one being massively overpowered. Stuff you have to actively do should be a little more profitable than stuff you can get afking, but not overwhelmingly better.

I don't know if any of that would actually work, but hopefully it at least gives you some ideas.
yes

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
Kidding.

I actually really liked basically all the points you made ;D

Regarding the split between Oasis and Aztec with one being solo and one being with teams we would obviously need approval from Dacon with such a big change but I would do everything in my ability to fight for this. I don't know how it would impact the players counts on each server and the stability that comes with that (we already have problems with crashing). I do think it would function like you said as a stranded island with not visiting, tpa's, or coops so that we ensure the "solo" aspect of that gamemode. We have had the idea of disabling /pay but have always been stuck with the limitations we would need to make between /ah and /trade. Maybe make mana the main source of currency to purchase and trade items? Idk.

With the alt islands and infs I have already suggested having the infs being nonplacable on islands you are cooped on and if you leave an island with an inf on it, it won't make you any money.

I would love to decrease the spawner limit and increase the spawner stack limit. Maybe to balance it you would need to purchase is upgrades for both the limit and stack limit but that is something for beta testing.

The way i see it is that mining/farming/whatever would be the early/middle game gameplay where you get money to get the highest amount of spawners you can purchase with the money, and then in lte game it would be grinding slayer mobs to get high tier spawners and use the money mostly for is levels and competing. More island upgrades, raised island upgades prices and especially those that work I think would provide a more stable economy.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
I would love to see a new skyblock gamemode without an economy to be honest. A skyblock version where you don’t have spawners, money or anything would be so fun to play. I used to play skyblock so much this season but eventually even for me it got boring. I can’t wait till revamp tho. I truly hope manacube someday comes with ‘OG Skyblock’

Edit
Maybe adding some kind of slayer level system, like on olympus. This would make it harder to for example get to the ‘Iron golem’ slayer level etc.

-regards

Last edited:

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
I say bring back placing value blocks for island levels. Of course alts would still be needed to make money but at least players would have to put in actual work and effort to win instead of just afking 24/7.
That was the whole reason I bought w/e : pensive : (last season) Plus, placing obsidian and breaking it using /break used to be a great strat to get mana last season but idk much about this season

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I would love to see a new skyblock gamemode without an economy to be honest. A skyblock version where you don’t have spawners, money or anything would be so fun to play. /QUOTE]

Another idea that I had was to make players achieve some sort of collection requirement for each spawner before going on to the next spawner. This would prevent players from skipping 90% of the spawners in the game to just using igs. This would also help with players creating alt islands as they would need to complete the island requirements on that island to place the igs and knowing how lazy the afkers can be, I doubt they would be motivated to do It again. These are just a rough estimate for the requirements per spawner https://prnt.sc/v30qg2 . The goal of these requirements is to slow down the midgame of the gamemode and to prevent players to go from farming in the early game straight to afking igs In the lategame.

Erm isn't this like vanilla/creative Minecraft xD
And regarding the requirements for spawners I already shared the screenshot of some proposed requirements up here

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
I would love to see a new skyblock gamemode without an economy to be honest. A skyblock version where you don’t have spawners, money or anything would be so fun to play.
Another idea that I had was to make players achieve some sort of collection requirement for each spawner before going on to the next spawner. This would prevent players from skipping 90% of the spawners in the game to just using igs. This would also help with players creating alt islands as they would need to complete the island requirements on that island to place the igs and knowing how lazy the afkers can be, I doubt they would be motivated to do It again. These are just a rough estimate for the requirements per spawner https://prnt.sc/v30qg2 . The goal of these requirements is to slow down the midgame of the gamemode and to prevent players to go from farming in the early game straight to afking igs In the lategame

Erm isn't this like vanilla/creative Minecraft xD
And regarding the requirements for spawners I already shared the screenshot of some proposed requirements up here
I had never seen a quote in a quote before, but now I have. And more recently I've seen a quote in a quote in a quote.
You like it eh?! ;)

FadingGeneral

MVP+
FadingGeneral
FadingGeneral
MVP+
Ratings
I think a possible solution to the problem of people using more alternate accounts than allowed could be to make afking multiple accounts have diminishing returns. I'm not sure if this can even be made but as the number of accounts increases that people use to afk on their island, the effect the accounts have from afking could decrease exponentially, or even drop off a cliff after a certain point. This could dissuade people from going past the limit as more accounts would barely be more effective. For example, maybe past a limit of 5 accounts any accounts after would only have 1/10th the influence of one of the first 5 accounts. Influence in this case could be something like the growth rate of crops in a chunk, or the amount of spawners that the alt would be able to keep active. Also, maybe with this idea a rule could be made that no alts can own islands either, so that this system can't be bypassed as easily,

Sinre_

ELITE
Sinre_
Sinre_
ELITE
Ratings
had the same idea last season, personally think its a great idea. They can put them in store and in crates just like an infinity chest or something similar

Congiius

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
Congiius
Congiius
Patron+
Ratings
57 15
my suggestion to counter afkers would be add extra methods to gain money like slayer quests or increase sell prices for farmed items because its a huge issue with new players to gain money or to play properly

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I think a possible solution to the problem of people using more alternate accounts than allowed could be to make afking multiple accounts have diminishing returns. I'm not sure if this can even be made but as the number of accounts increases that people use to afk on their island, the effect the accounts have from afking could decrease exponentially, or even drop off a cliff after a certain point. This could dissuade people from going past the limit as more accounts would barely be more effective. For example, maybe past a limit of 5 accounts any accounts after would only have 1/10th the influence of one of the first 5 accounts. Influence in this case could be something like the growth rate of crops in a chunk, or the amount of spawners that the alt would be able to keep active. Also, maybe with this idea a rule could be made that no alts can own islands either, so that this system can't be bypassed as easily,
Although I do like this idea as you said I don't think it would be something possible to code and then implement. We don't even have the working is upgrades to multiply sell prices so decreasing for amount of players on the island sounds very difficult. I have already suggested and it has been discussed with the higher ups about alt islands and the effect they have on the gamemode so hopefully we could have new rules created to prevent this like Olympus and survival have.

my suggestion to counter afkers would be add extra methods to gain money like slayer quests or increase sell prices for farmed items because its a huge issue with new players to gain money or to play properly
I also do like the idea of having slayer be a very good end game money making method rather than it being spawners and afking. Farming I do think though plays a big role in the beginning/midgame of a season as the best money making method. I think by increasing spawner sell price or making the more profitable spawners more rare and harder to get, we would see a buff in farming as well.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Making active grinding the most rewarding and effective way to make money is the best way to change AFK to win. How this is done might be through a major shop overhaul in mobs that cannot be automated in the same way such as Blazes. Alternatively other forms of grinding through an expansion of /slayer and /kilton might be a great way to mix up AFK to win. Albeit we don't want to change into a head grinding economy anymore then we already are as that would make gameplay singular and boring as well.