Survival Suggestion

Does MV survival server provide a good player experience?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't waste my time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rLink

Ratings
13 6
Hello everyone,

This is quite a long post (more than 700 words), so please stick with it. This is mostly aimed at staff and @Dacon

Lately I‘ve been playing some Minevast survival. It took me around 20 hours to realise that something is just not right. Now don‘t get me wrong, I know that some people like survival the way it is, but my opinion is quite different.

All the plugins just make gameplay worse. For example, mob stacker. In addition to combining mobs, it also changes their behaviour. Multiple times I came to the realization that zombies/spiders do not attack players. I‘m not even talking about the fact that farmer villagers rarely harvest crops. In addition to all of that, mob spawning is nerfed. How do I know? Not a single guardian spawned while I was fighting the elder guardian in an ocean monument.

How are non-donators supposed to make money then?

The only way to make proper money is to donate. Why? - You may ask. By donating, you get access to a permission that lets you mine mob spawners. (Hell, that‘s not even EULA compliant...) And that leads to donators having over-powered mob grinders, while normal players are left with their non-profitable carrot farms.

Going further, what is up with the world border at around 5000 blocks? Are you out of your mind? This is not a small server, there‘s at least 10 players playing at any time of the day. People explored all that area during the first few days...

And don‘t start telling me that the border is there because of lag. I‘m pretty sure the server has enough RAM to handle a bigger map.

Talking about maps, you can see underground caves and underground player bases on minevast.com/map ... It‘s like X-Ray, and X-Ray is not even allowed on the server... Is this a joke or something? Players can‘t hide anything from others. I‘m not even talking about dungeons, end portals or abandoned mineshafts. When I asked Drakey for the world /seed (so I could build a slime farm), he replied something along these lines: ‘No, you can‘t get the world seed. You‘re going to find all the dungeons and end portals with it.‘ Then what is up with this live map, showing all the underground structures just as well as the seed does???

Now that I‘ve pointed out a few things that, in my opinion, ruin the survival experience, I‘d like to share a solution to all of this. Either come up with a fix for all these problems stated above and make the gameplay more balanced or open another survival server without the problems that the current survival server has.

The reason why I originally decided to write this post, is because I decided to quit MV survival and started looking for another server. After looking for a few hours, I realized that there may not be one out there that I would enjoy playing in. That‘s why I came back hoping I could change something and keep playing on the same network that I always used to play on.

I‘d like to tell you more about what I have in my mind by saying ‘open another survival server‘. I‘m not saying this because I hate something, I‘m saying this to improve the overall survival experience.

The new server should have as few plugins as possible and it should be vanilla-like. Possibly an economy plugin and a simple shop. The next idea that came into my head (and this plugin exists) – purchasable commands. Instead of having donator ranks, all commands should be unlockable using in-game cash.

As for protection, I believe there would be no need for it because only players who have been playing for a long time should be allowed on this server. (Preferably only trustworthy ones). This way, we would have a higly mature community more or less based on friendship rather than on competition and grief. (Yes, I am saying that there should be a whitelist of some sort, and a rule that highly forbids griefing rather than a grief-preventing plugin).

For spawners, either everyone gets to mine them or none of us gets to mine them.

In general, the server should be adjusted to players‘ needs.

Last but not least – NO mob stacker or mob spawning limits. So farms with spawners are just as good as regular mob farms.

Looking at the financial side of things, I would help to pay the bill if this server wouldn't be profitable. (I could help to set up the server as well.)

That is all I have to say. Thank you for sticking with me and considering what I pointed out and suggested.

I‘m waiting for input from staff.

-Link

P. S. Please forgive me if there are any grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
Thank you for writing with such detail, I would like to mention a few things! :D

Regarding Spawners : As a ranked player myself I mine spawners for a few people friends or not. Generally charging 5k for each spawner I break. Yes, this may not be free, yet there are many players with ranks who are willing to break spawners for people. I know this is hassel but it is a way you can get spawners that you may find.

Regarding the seed : The map on the website is amazing and it does show cave entrances, people and parties. However it is not the same as x-ray and does not give the biggest amount of detail.
If it did then you wouldn't require the seed!

Regarding the border : The border was recently increased again and I have to say this has helped a lot. There are still many unclaimed places and I still am able to find spawners around. Therefore, the map is not completely explored. Yet, I am sure it will be increased in the future if it does get explored.

Regarding Plugins : The server has been set up to use the least amount of plugins possible in order for it to be a survival type server. There are a few but these are generally there to either make it better for multiplayer or to enhance gameplay!
I personally really like the mob stacking and I believe it to be very helpful. It also reduces lag and will make it bearable to be around big spawners!

I hope this enlightens you and if you have any questions feel free to ask :D

rLink

Ratings
13 6
You misunderstood me in every possible way.

1) Regarding spawners:

Regarding Spawners : As a ranked player myself I mine spawners for a few people friends or not. Generally charging 5k for each spawner I break. Yes, this may not be free, yet there are many players with ranks who are willing to break spawners for people. I know this is hassel but it is a way you can get spawners that you may find.
This quote from your post just confirms my statement:

The only way to make proper money is to donate. Why? - You may ask. By donating, you get access to a permission that lets you mine mob spawners.

2) As for the map:

However it is not the same as x-ray and does not give the biggest amount of detail.
You're being ignorant here... You can zoom in and view every single block - dungeons are 10x10x10 cubes, mineshafts have a cloudy pattern, and it's easy to spot strongholds as well. All the other structures are either caves or player bases.

3) Regarding the seed:

If it did then you wouldn't require the seed!
Did you even read why I asked for the /seed in the first place? To find the slime chunks! You can't see those on a map -.-

4) Regarding mob stacker:

I personally really like the mob stacking and I believe it to be very helpful. It also reduces lag and will make it bearable to be around big spawners!
Again, did you even read my original post? Mob stacker changes mob behaviour...

5)

I hope this enlightens you
Your post did not enlighten me in any way. You didn't really pay attention to my original post...

-Link

rLink

Ratings
13 6
Don't insult players or staff. Disagree but don't disrespect.
@Purple4me Is this the only sentence you saw in a 1000 word thread? If so, I feel sorry for you.

I called @SunsetMagic ignorant because she wasn't paying attention to what I wrote in my original post. I did not mean to offend or disrespect her in any way.

Are y... You know what, forget about it. I'm not going to waste my time, I have better things to do.

-Link

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
I read the entire reply and your tone seemed condescending and disrespectful, just like your reply to me. You don't have to be rude to make your points. And others should be able to disagree without you talking down to them. You aren't going to make much progress if you attack everyone who replies to your thread.

Scuzz

MVP
Quawk
Quawk
MVP
Ratings
98 3
Anyone can mine spawners using a silk touch pick.

The new server should have as few plugins as possible and it should be vanilla-like. Possibly an economy plugin and a simple shop. The next idea that came into my head (and this plugin exists) – purchasable commands. Instead of having donator ranks, all commands should be unlockable using in-game cash.
How do you expect the servers to keep running when there are no donator ranks, I know that there are more things on the web store to buy but most of the servers money comes from donator ranks.

Last edited: