Teaming fix in LPS

Do you think LPS should be made anonymous?

• Yes, teaming is annoying

• No, I like teaming.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
On Skyblock we have an issue with 3 people always teaming on lps, aka not killing each other purposfully till the very end. 95% of skyblock players complain about this daily, and nothing is being done because there's just "not enough evidence" I believe we should make lps anonymous, everyone in Steve/Alex skins and have the name "lps player" ive seen it done on a server before and it would help greatly with the teaming problem. Considering boss is all vanished, lps should be no named players as well.

I really think this fix will greatly benefit LPS and all the players on skyblock. Feel free to vote on the poll above.
Thanks!

Orsx

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
orsx
orsx
Patron+
Ratings
84 4
All jokes aside (as of now, being the only vote for "I like teaming") I agree, should be some attempt to fix this. Its a pretty irritating issue for a lot of players and completely ruins the LPS event as a whole.

teeth420

QA Team
teeth420
teeth420
QA Team
Ratings
43 1
I like this idea, as someone who's never stepped foot in the lps arena, teaming seems like a pretty big issue in lps. Pretty much invalidates the intention of competition and fairness, and this seems like a perfect way to mitigate that.

ShadowDrogon

ELITE
ShadowDrogon
ShadowDrogon
ELITE
This is a good idea, but it still does not remove the possibility of teaming, people could be communicating through discord and say "go to the north wall and crouch 3 times" to find each other and still team, also making it a bit harder for them to be reported by players. Perhaps a better idea would be having LPS match people up in a 1v1, winner moves on, and if they take too long both players lose. This way, if any potential teamers ever got matched up against their friends, they would still have to fight, leaving no method of teaming. Doing a 1v1 tournament style format cuts out the aspect of having multiple people chasing you while you have low health to get you out, but not actually teaming, which removes some of the blurriness surrounding what is teaming. Also, this leaves it to the best player winning in the end, without anyone just camping and avoiding fights until the end.

Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
This is a good idea, but it still does not remove the possibility of teaming, people could be communicating through discord and say "go to the north wall and crouch 3 times" to find each other and still team, also making it a bit harder for them to be reported by players. Perhaps a better idea would be having LPS match people up in a 1v1, winner moves on, and if they take too long both players lose. This way, if any potential teamers ever got matched up against their friends, they would still have to fight, leaving no method of teaming.
while yes they can still communicate and find each other, it would be easier for staff to see while spectating who is teaming. If you see people go next to each other and are crouching or not hitting each other its very clear they are teaming, vs now you can see its your friends name and you just dont go near them., its so easy right now to act like you arent teaming when you really are. Thats why this will help alot with that!

ShadowDrogon

ELITE
ShadowDrogon
ShadowDrogon
ELITE
while yes they can still communicate and find each other, it would be easier for staff to see while spectating who is teaming. If you see people go next to each other and are crouching or not hitting each other its very clear they are teaming, vs now you can see its your friends name and you just dont go near them., its so easy right now to act like you arent teaming when you really are. Thats why this will help alot with that!
Perhaps, but a lot of people team in a more indirect way, where they don't hit each other, but do not stay right near them as well, and just inconspicuously try to attack the same person and then split up again, which they could still keep the other person in sight and communicate again

Orsx

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
orsx
orsx
Patron+
Ratings
84 4
This is a good idea, but it still does not remove the possibility of teaming, people could be communicating through discord and say "go to the north wall and crouch 3 times" to find each other and still team, also making it a bit harder for them to be reported by players. Perhaps a better idea would be having LPS match people up in a 1v1, winner moves on, and if they take too long both players lose. This way, if any potential teamers ever got matched up against their friends, they would still have to fight, leaving no method of teaming. Doing a 1v1 tournament style format cuts out the aspect of having multiple people chasing you while you have low health to get you out, but not actually teaming, which removes some of the blurriness surrounding what is teaming. Also, this leaves it to the best player winning in the end, without anyone just camping and avoiding fights until the end.
Honestly, a good idea. Though I feel this is too big of a change to even call it LPS.

Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
I appreciate all the feedback on this, i hope staff takes it in consideration this fix!