Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
this is a rant thread post all your issues with parkour here maybe staff will actually see it and do something

i'll start: give us some more goddamn attention stop giving 90% of your time to survival and the p2w servers and give your arguably most popular server some more things to work with. i know there's been some recent important fixes which is good but its not enough lol, also give us something worthwhile in crates please don't ask 'why don't pk buy crates' and then put leather armour and the same 2 perks in them every time

keep it clean in replies please i don't want a warn for inciting a riot

edit because some people don't know what i mean by that last sentence (@amy. looking at you) please rant but don't go overboard please and thank you

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I appreciate you creating this post as a way for players to possibly vent frustrations and propose new ideas to improve the game-mode. I would just like to say that I personally commend the parkour staff for all they do. In particular, Shinxray who keeps updating and including new maps for players to complete (bringing the total maps now to 1522!) of course, this is all thanks to the community for getting involved in making the maps, and to the mappers and judges who critique and discuss them! It’s a lovely system, and a lovely team.

I’d also like to point out that staff members and the events team work together to host ‘Parkour & Seek’ events from time-to-time on the server, which is a lot of fun, and they do certainly go out of their way to host these events and ensure they run smoothly and that everyone has an enjoyable time.

For your critique about the crates, I wholeheartedly agree that parkour may not get the most worthwhile prizes, but this is where I think it could be open to the community to suggest new rewards for the crates. From a staff standpoint, I think it’s quite difficult to arrange rewards for parkour and creative, as most of them would have to be cosmetic - when I think crates for Olympus/Asgard, I think pickaxes, swords, mob spawners, etc - physical items that give you a benefit/that you can collect, whereas these would have zero use on creative and parkour.

I fully admit that I’m not an avid parkour player (I have so much respect for you all, you’re so talented and dedicated o_O) so it may just be my ignorance - however, I think it’s definitely worthwhile the community on parkour making suggestions for what they would like to see in crates (while being reasonable, not like 1,000,000 mana rewards or infinite /fly, hahaha).

Please, by all means vent ‘til your hearts are content - we never want to stop players expressing their opinions respectfully, and you don’t always have to have a positive opinion, that’s not realistic. I’d say, use this as an opportunity to be heard - what would you like to see on parkour? How could your experience be improved?

frsz

Parkour Mod+ | Map Judge
PATRON+
frsz
frsz
Patron+
Ratings
265 7
edit because some people don't know what i mean by that last sentence (@amy. looking at you) please rant but don't go overboard please and thank you
Please, you know I knew what you meant ;-;

I wasn't going to comment on this post, because I wanted to see what other players thought, but here we are. I'm going to start by saying that Hallow (as always) worded it beautifully so I'm just going to leech off her words.

I know quite often parkour players are not exaclty happy with the rewards in the crates, and are very fond of expressing that, but I have to agree with Hallow that parkour is one of the harder servers to make rewards for. Almost all are purely for cosmetic purposes, and the ones that aren't are more "common" items, such as pearls and portable checkpoints. These items are always in demand, and yes, while it can be repetitive to put them in the crates, they are useful. There's not many items are used on parkour, because that is just the nature of the gamemode.

I'm not going to say much more in risk of just repeating what's already been said lol. I personally take the route of parkour as more of a chilled out, look-how-pretty-i-can-be-with-all-my-cosmetics, and if you're not a fan of that, then that's fine! You don't have to buy the crates, you can just purely play maps if that's what you prefer! (It is a parkour server after all haha). Some people don't like the idea of pearls at all, while some can argue that pearls are the hottest thing on the market 24/7. I think it's all preference, and nothing is "wrong" with the server, or any individual player's opinion. Feel free to disagree with me though.

That's my take, to keep it short, hope it all made sense ^-^, love to hear other people's thoughts too!

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
I’d also like to point out that staff members and the events team work together to host ‘Parkour & Seek’ events from time-to-time on the server, which is a lot of fun, and they do certainly go out of their way to host these events and ensure they run smoothly and that everyone has an enjoyable time.
i started playing parkour actively last november and since then there have only been 2 parkour and seek events to my knowledge. maybe 3. since they're not like things on the events server and dont need a assload of plugins to run, they should be able to be done more frequently than every 4 months

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
i started playing parkour actively last november and since then there have only been 2 parkour and seek events to my knowledge. maybe 3. since they're not like things on the events server and dont need a assload of plugins to run, they should be able to be done more frequently than every 4 months
I can see your frustration with this - however, these events are held completely independent from the scheduled weekly events, and are ran by both parkour staff and the events team, so it can be quite difficult to manage.

Creative also used to have frequent build battles, but due to the lack of staff, it's difficult to host/judge these kinds of events. It's not that parkour and creative are being abandoned - it's simply that a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to manage them, and staff have other things going on whether it be relating to ManaCube, or in their personal lives so can't always dedicate the extra time to events. It's also very common for events to be postponed for upcoming server releases/resets etc.

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
236 90
I can see your frustration with this - however, these events are held completely independent from the scheduled weekly events, and are ran by both parkour staff and the events team, so it can be quite difficult to manage.

Creative also used to have frequent build battles, but due to the lack of staff, it's difficult to host/judge these kinds of events. It's not that parkour and creative are being abandoned - it's simply that a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to manage them, and staff have other things going on whether it be relating to ManaCube, or in their personal lives so can't always dedicate the extra time to events. It's also very common for events to be postponed for upcoming server releases/resets etc.
Every server should have events specific to the minigames.

Dooble

Dedicated Member
QA Team
doobix
doobix
QA Team
Ratings
246 9
when I think crates for Olympus/Asgard, I think pickaxes, swords, mob spawners, etc - physical items that give you a benefit/that you can collect, whereas these would have zero use on creative and parkour.
1631559643664.png

1631559667345.png

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
this is my time

PLEASE AND I REPEAT PLEASE LET PARKOUR CHAT DO THE CRATES, WE KNOW MORE THAN YOU DO WITH CRATES ON PARKOUR.

Give Parkour at least the free elite key everymonth, since we arent pay 2 win and only really have shout / joinmessage / free key every 10 days / other keys cause of other ranks / the ability to change ur prefix.

These are cool and all (mentioned above), but parkour is lacking in stuff to do, all we can do is make maps, do maps, and do droppers., and races. Maybe remove scramblers or exchange them for minigames that pop up in chat so it'd be like "the first 2 people of each rank to type "/tictactoe" participate in a tourney and the top 3 that win, get 30 mana or 0.01 cubit. If this isnt possible, just add more words no one knows and remove every single current one.

I'd like to have a champ map plot world where we can build champ maps.

Maybe add some stuff for Mappers like a "Mapper crate" that can give more plots, access to a mapper chat so like /chat mapper.

Oh and when is Parkour spectating coming? I haven't heard anything since the release.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
I think the server should unban me pls

AtePlant

ELITE
AtePlant
AtePlant
ELITE
Ratings
67 2
This is coming from someone who hasn't been on the server longer than most of the regulars, but I might as well share some thoughts.

PK is fun and relaxing, but most of the time adding more maps doesn't make the best of content and becomes quite repetitive after you have played quite a bit. This has led me to lean towards the making of maps rather than grinding out the main content. I think I have had the most fun playing VS when they added PVP, trying out champion maps, or doing player hosted events. What I am suggesting is rather than cosmetics or maps, there should be smaller changes to parkour that changes up gameplay. For example, no-death challenges, allowing the player to play with blindness or slowness as a personal challenge, or making a string of maps you must beat consecutively for a reward. Making changes like these might be difficulty to make, but my point here is that for a more engaging pk server, you should have different ways to play the game rather than a longer grind.

AtePlant

ELITE
AtePlant
AtePlant
ELITE
Ratings
67 2
Also we need the Creative server's building plugins or goBrush in the map making world. That'd be nice :)

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Also we need the Creative server's building plugins or goBrush in the map making world. That'd be nice :)
I don't think we should add that, it's kinda outdated for them

AtePlant

ELITE
AtePlant
AtePlant
ELITE
Ratings
67 2
I don't think we should add that, it's kinda outdated for them
Any plugin really. Not reffering to just goBrush. Just that it's much easier to build on the creative servers with those commands.

MarvelFamily

Forum Expert
ELITE
MarvelFamily
MarvelFamily
ELITE
Ratings
70 2
this is a rant thread post all your issues with parkour here maybe staff will actually see it and do something

i'll start: give us some more goddamn attention stop giving 90% of your time to survival and the p2w servers and give your arguably most popular server some more things to work with. i know there's been some recent important fixes which is good but its not enough lol, also give us something worthwhile in crates please don't ask 'why don't pk buy crates' and then put leather armour and the same 2 perks in them every time

keep it clean in replies please i don't want a warn for inciting a riot

Add some new radio tracks in crates (like theme songs and stuff). I mean I'd buy more crate if that were the case.