Too much money...

squonkz

ELITE
Squonkz
Squonkz
ELITE
Ratings
47 1
Do you guys think dacon is asking too much money for everything or not.

Cloudiez.

MVP
Cloudiez
Cloudiez
MVP
Ratings
This is an interesting question.

At full price, definitely. But considering there’s always a sale of some sort, that definitely makes it a lot less painful.
I usually begrudge in game purchases anyway (although I still can’t help myself and I always end up buying them!). I think some of the lower end ranks (like VIP and VIP+) are pretty reasonable. They only work out at like £5 for me, which was the same price as a club penguin membership back in the day. However, I don’t think I would ever be able to pay the full amount for elite even with the sale. It’s very expensive for me.

I guess it all depends on your circumstances and your budget. I can only assume that the donations go towards server upkeep so I don’t mind paying a little bit now and again (maybe for keys) to keep manacube going.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
Hi there!

I don’t mind most prices eversince there usually is a sale, as Hannah stated. I personally think cubits differ this server from other servers. You dont have to spend a penny to get to the top rank! I do feel 180 for Elite can be a little much at times but overall the prices seem reasonable to me :D

Redubbed

Forum Expert
VIP+
Redubbed
Redubbed
VIP+
Ratings
116 4
Yeah I agree with Dutchy and Hannah. Not only can you avoid spending money at all with cubits, but Dacon also runs a company made up of 3 server networks and paying employees and I’m sure they want to make some sort of profit.
Also, on the topic of the constant sale, that is definitely a marketing technique because 75% off sounds like an incredible deal, regardless of what the price is. People feel more justified buying Elite, for example, for $180 when it’s normally $600 rather than buying it for $180 but that’s the full price and there’s no ‘sale’.

AbiXChew

SrMod | Events Manager
Senior Mod
AbiXChew
AbiXChew
Senior Mod
Ratings
262 7
On the grand scheme of things I don't the prices aren't too out of line. Especially in comparison to other servers. But just as Redubbed said most servers will make the prices of ranks overinflated only to have a constant sale to make them look like a great value. They have to keep these prices balanced to cope with a lot of factors, too low and too many keys and sva's get dumped on the market losing their special value. If they too expensive and no one will buy and they can't cover the operating costs. I think they have found the right balance to keys and ranks. But that is just my opinion on the matter :D

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
i assume some economic theory has been done on it. the prices cant be too low, or they wouldnt generate that much revenue and they cant be too high that demand drops off, so they have to reach the equilibrium. since its a digital service they are providing which requires very little physical resources, theyd make a profit regardless of the price it was set at, but the maximum profits is what every firm seeks, understandably. and the image of a perpetual sale on is a marketing technique done all over the place. i swear (in the uk at least) certain furniture companies constantly run ads saying things like "our 50% off sale is now on! ending on sunday so hurry up!" and then on monday they run a whole new set of ads, so there is always a sale on. similar techniques with the SVAs: there is very rarely anything new in the crates, its pretty much the same items every time, just with a different name, which means there are even less costs of production. i personally think the price of elite is too high, and i recently dropped my plans to buy it at some point, but its all about how much disposable income the players have, and dacon will know the numbers far better than me, so i guess he's got it worked out.

squonkz

ELITE
Squonkz
Squonkz
ELITE
Ratings
47 1
Hi there!

I don’t mind most prices eversince there usually is a sale, as Hannah stated. I personally think cubits differ this server from other servers. You dont have to spend a penny to get to the top rank! I do feel 180 for Elite can be a little much at times but overall the prices seem reasonable to me :D
I feel like there is always sales though, its a marketing trick

FlippyDoop

Forum Expert
Ratings
93 3
Its a marketing trick, people just go like "omg 90% sale" while its just the normal price it should be without sale. A marketing trick, he wont actually sell it for that much lol.

Last edited:

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
I feel like there is always sales though, its a marketing trick
It is marketing I know, but even if the price was just 180, it still is a good price for elite in my opinion.

The store actually is without a sale sometimes tho. We have a few days a year where the store doesn’t have a sale going on