Forum Master
ELITE
IPenguinI
IPenguinI
ELITE
Ratings
502 57
Hello.
I think that an update to the helpop system would be a good idea.
When a staff member responds to a player that has used helpop, it kind of unclear to distinguish the response in chat due to the default name being yellow in chat already. This could be even more difficult to understand if you are a newer player. As there is no way to tell if the person who is responding is a normal player or a staff member. I think you could update the system to stand out more when a staff member messages you.

[Exe]

[MOD] kxerie -> you [message]

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
I like this idea.
I've had some ideas myself for improving the helpop system too.
Sometimes staff will reply to you with a question, but the only way for us players to respond is to make another helpop. I think there should be a command, like /helpopreply to msg to the staff that messaged you. This way you don't have to wait a whole minute just to say "yes" and the other staff wouldn't be bothered as much.

I also think that helpop should be linked to the staff discord channel. This way when there is no online staff, and the player doesn't know to do /staff, the staff will get the message. They could use a discord bot similar to ManaUpdates where it shares the message to multiple platforms.

IPenguinI

Forum Master
ELITE
IPenguinI
IPenguinI
ELITE
Ratings
502 57
I like it.
I like this idea.
I've had some ideas myself for improving the helpop system too.
Sometimes staff will reply to you with a question, but the only way for us players to respond is to make another helpop. I think there should be a command, like /helpopreply to msg to the staff that messaged you. This way you don't have to wait a whole minute just to say "yes" and the other staff wouldn't be bothered as much.

I also think that helpop should be linked to the staff discord channel. This way when there is no online staff, and the player doesn't know to do /staff, the staff will get the message. They could use a discord bot similar to ManaUpdates where it shares the message to multiple platforms.
Yea I completely agree with all of this.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
Seems like a small but solid change. I have missed helpops before. I can imagine staff misses them too if they are that small for them too. Definitely +1

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
I'll bring it up to the admin team and see what they say :>

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
The helpop cooldown can be quite annoying, which is why I sometimes change servers when replying. I believe a cooldown is necessary because of the amount of players we get abusing it, but I find a full minute excessive.
I also sometimes use blue text/bold when replying.

I find it really rare that there‘s no staff online (sometimes we hidin) so when players helpop and no online staff know how to answer, we pass on to specific server staff.
If there are no staff online, I’m not sure how we’d connect an in-game command to a discord server/bot. If we could get it to work somehow, would it ping all mods everytime there is a helpop? Would it be able to ping server staff? What if there are staff already online? I don’t see this working very effectively, but it’s an interesting idea.

Also wanted to add that we get complaints about players thinking we don’t reply. Sometimes we’re not looking at minecraft, sometimes we’re on forums/discord etc and miss one or two. But a LOT of the time, we do reply, players just don’t see the message, which loops back to changing the look of helpop so that it stands out more.

Helpops appear in bold purple so they’re hard to miss. I love the idea of showing our rank when replying so players know we’re staff.

Kxe is passing this on though so hopefully we’ll be able to make helpop a bit easier to use ;)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Helpops used to be really visible and easy to use but they got an update that , if I remember correctly, made it better to use on the staff end but less visible in chat. I don’t use helpop that often but I think it would be great if they went back to being that nice bold pink !

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
I agree it would be nice to have an update! Possibly something big and purple like this:
2020-11-06_12.40.05 copy.png

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
Yeah I do agree it needs to say somewhere on the reply helper/mod/mod+/srmod/admin/dev/owner. For players like myself that have played on here for a while we know who the person is but especially for new players it can be hard to tell if it's a staff member or not and for all they know it's just a random player /msging them.

And I like the PINK and BOLD!