Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
My suggestion is that it appears exactly the same as the "join discord " pop up or the " use pack manacube" pop up. Something that pops up in the middle of your screen. The warning wouldn't last very long, I would suggest 2-3 seconds and would fade out automatically. In terms of what it should say I think " You have been warned for (reason) and then something along the lines of please change this or please be appropriate or risk being muted.
still, if someone were tabbed out they probably wouldn't see the warning...

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Warns do pop up on your screen. There has been a proxy issue with them however with the exception of the obvious you get verbal warnings and most regulars know when they're pushing it.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Maybe we should uhm... test it out, ya know? /j

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
id personally like it on the whole screen then it would be wayyy more prominent
what about it's like when you get banned or kicked... but instead of it kicking you off the server it would just be a popup that you close out of...? that way it's impossible to miss :O

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
what about it's like when you get banned or kicked... but instead of it kicking you off the server it would just be a popup that you close out of...? that way it's impossible to miss :O
I just got kicked for the first time (ty @Anacoustic for doing your job well btw!) but I think it should be full screen warning for mutes also

Redubbed

Forum Expert
VIP+
Redubbed
Redubbed
VIP+
Ratings
116 4
Personally, chat is fine for me, however, I do think full screen warnings would help.

With that being said, what I think would be more beneficial is a unique sound effect for getting a warning and perhaps a firework explodes on you as well. This way, if someone is tabbed out or not paying attention, they get an auditory queue they will hear, even if they can’t see the game.

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
Personally, chat is fine for me, however, I do think full screen warnings would help.

With that being said, what I think would be more beneficial is a unique sound effect for getting a warning and perhaps a firework explodes on you as well. This way, if someone is tabbed out or not paying attention, they get an auditory queue they will hear, even if they can’t see the game.
YES

Emee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Emeenem
Emeenem
ELITE
Ratings

Rip the people who are tabbed out and have the volume at 0%.

I do like this idea tho. Audio queues. Would help solve a lot of issues regarding people being tabbed out, not just for warnings.

Josh - MobDrops

ELITE
MobDrops
MobDrops
ELITE
Ratings
Something else to keep in mind is that only a little over 54% of players do actually have in-game sound enabled.
Though it is very hard to accurately measure the medium of studies and polls have been between 40%-60%

Usually, for moderation, it is always best to stick the sensory part of it to the visual. In my personal experience, the most effective in-game warnings are the ones that directly pop up over your screen with a big `Okay` button to press if the user understands & to make the popup go away.
My statistics have shown this to almost four-fold average monthly user in-game infraction rates. Which is a huge win for moderation on its own.

This is done in a way to let the user know, "Hey we don't want you doing that" but at the same time give them the action of closing that popup. To prevent the user from attempting petty excuses or try to start unnecessary arguments.
Somewhat of a subconscious admission to guilt if you will, which is why I believe it is effective for smaller infractions that do not need to be dragged further. Waisting both your company staff's time as well as cause an unwanted scene amongst the others in lobbies.

Though this is done not on Minecraft... I do not believe there is a way to incorporate something like that? Possibly only create a timed popup message in plain. Idk
Never been too involved with Java development so I am a bit unsure of the capabilities. Just thought I would share anyways :)

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Something else to keep in mind is that only a little over 54% of players do actually have in-game sound enabled.
Though it is very hard to accurately measure the medium of studies and polls have been between 40%-60%

Usually, for moderation, it is always best to stick the sensory part of it to the visual. In my personal experience, the most effective in-game warnings are the ones that directly pop up over your screen with a big `Okay` button to press if the user understands & to make the popup go away.
My statistics have shown this to almost four-fold average monthly user in-game infraction rates. Which is a huge win for moderation on its own.

This is done in a way to let the user know, "Hey we don't want you doing that" but at the same time give them the action of closing that popup. To prevent the user from attempting petty excuses or try to start unnecessary arguments.
Somewhat of a subconscious admission to guilt if you will, which is why I believe it is effective for smaller infractions that do not need to be dragged further. Waisting both your company staff's time as well as cause an unwanted scene amongst the others in lobbies.

Though this is done not on Minecraft... I do not believe there is a way to incorporate something like that? Possibly only create a timed popup message in plain. Idk
Never been too involved with Java development so I am a bit unsure of the capabilities. Just thought I would share anyways :)
This sums it up perfectly. Maybe keeping warnings on screen is a better idea then them fading out so even tabbed out people don't miss it!

burt3103

PATRON
BurtyBird
BurtyBird
Patron
Ratings
Warnings given by mods should appear across your screen exactly like the "discord" pop up does. This ensures you do no miss warnings for any of the following examples: You aren't reading chat, you are building, you are concentrating on gameplay, a scrambler pushes the warning off screen, chat is typing too fast. Warning across the screen means people don't get muted for missing warnings when they would've happily complied with mods if they saw the warning.
That's a really good idea! I know a lot of people don't read chat or sometimes it moves too quickly to notice! This would help to ensure that everyone sees it

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24

I do like this idea tho. Audio queues. Would help solve a lot of issues regarding people being tabbed out, not just for warnings.

i don't play minecraft with sound so i'd be pretty screwed but thats kind of unavoidable at that point

Ratings
Warnings given by mods should appear across your screen exactly like the "discord" pop up does. This ensures you do no miss warnings for any of the following examples: You aren't reading chat, you are building, you are concentrating on gameplay, a scrambler pushes the warning off screen, chat is typing too fast. Warning across the screen means people don't get muted for missing warnings when they would've happily complied with mods if they saw the warning.
Hello
I think this would be a grate addition to the server and I hope this post gets more light brought to it.