Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Map Creators: Quinnyp (build) and caseyclosed (parkour)
Map Name: Hopkins
Map Difficulty: Hard
Plot Warp: /plot v Quinnyp 16 (behind Lemongrab if the set home doesn't work)

# of Jumps: ~55
# of Checkpoints: 5

Screenshots: (sorry for the random build pieces in the background this plot is practically full now :,D)
Note: The map is viewable in bright colors in 1.8 with casey's Pog Parkour resource pack which is posted on the forums. Hopkins looks best that way!
2020-06-21_10.01.02.png 2020-06-21_10.01.09.png 2020-06-21_10.01.21.png

Hopkins is a very popular inflatable bunny villager from the Animal Crossing series. He is known for loving bugs, which is why I decided to incorporate some of the game's bugs into the build. He is also holding a net which is in the game as well :)

hopkinsref1.jpg

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Quinny and Casey!
I am here to give you my review of the map!

Firstly I think the theme is GOOD. While there are already a few maps of Animal Crossing and Animal Crossing characters I still don't think there's a map about this character. Therefore the theme should definitely be original! Good work!
Secondly the build is GREAT. It is cartoony, colorful and accurate to the character. There's also plenty of other details on the map that add up to the build!
Lastly the parkour is GOOD. It is well varied, made by casey (extra points), mostly fits the difficulty and was really fun when playing it. The map length is a little short, but I think the difficulty makes up for it! The checkpoint placements were also nice! My only issues with the map were a few difficult jumps, but just as I said I think the map length fixes that problem along with the well placed checkpoints AND skips! Have a look at these and fix them plez. (Correct path is marked with blue lines and skip path is marked with red lines)
2020-06-21_19.12.59.png

This skip skips a lot of the start, around 15 jumps! There's no barriers on that bug thing at the ground so the player can simply jump off at the start and get on the cactus and progres normally! Fix this as you like!
2020-06-21_19.10.25.png

This skip skips a part inside Hopkins, around 8 jumps! Adding barriers on the blue glass blocks is an easy fix to this or just adding more blue glass blocks!

Good Luck! :)

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hello Quinny and Casey!
I am here to give you my review of the map!

Firstly I think the theme is GOOD. While there are already a few maps of Animal Crossing and Animal Crossing characters I still don't think there's a map about this character. Therefore the theme should definitely be original! Good work!
Secondly the build is GREAT. It is cartoony, colorful and accurate to the character. There's also plenty of other details on the map that add up to the build!
Lastly the parkour is GOOD. It is well varied, made by casey (extra points), mostly fits the difficulty and was really fun when playing it. The map length is a little short, but I think the difficulty makes up for it! The checkpoint placements were also nice! My only issues with the map were a few difficult jumps, but just as I said I think the map length fixes that problem along with the well placed checkpoints AND skips! Have a look at these and fix them plez. (Correct path is marked with blue lines and skip path is marked with red lines)
View attachment 30210
This skip skips a lot of the start, around 15 jumps! There's no barriers on that bug thing at the ground so the player can simply jump off at the start and get on the cactus and progres normally! Fix this as you like! View attachment 30211
This skip skips a part inside Hopkins, around 8 jumps! Adding barriers on the blue glass blocks is an easy fix to this or just adding more blue glass blocks!

Good Luck! :)
Thanks for finding some skips Gamers! I'll fix them later tonight.

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
I’m so hoppy to see another submission from you

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Quinny and Casey,

It makes me very happy to be able to tell you two that I will be ACCEPTING your map submission this time.
  • Theme: Although we have a couple of Animal Crossing related maps, we have none that are specifically themed after Hopkins. So, this is most definitely an original map. Good job!
  • Build: As I expected, this is a really well-executed build. Hopkins looks just like he does in-game as his details and shaping are superb. Personally, though, the ground level makes for great parkour but the layout seems kind of odd. Hopkins is just kind of standing there, I feel as if some of the focus is taken away from him.
  • Parkour: The PK length and difficulty most definitely fit the hard difficulty, well done! Furthermore, the parkour was also incredibly fun to do as you guys utilized a wide variety of jumps and blocks that gave it a really nice touch. Down below I attached an image with the minor changes I did to the parkour. Other than that, I only had to add a couple of barriers. It was very well-done.
I hope to see many more map submissions from you two in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.