Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
this is definitely gonna be broken
We've extensively tested the event already and will continue to test until the moment it's officially launched. And we'll continue to monitor it after the release. I have confidence that whatever bug sticks around, we'll be able to squash it :D

Cloudiez.

MVP
Cloudiez
Cloudiez
MVP
Ratings
Sorry if it’s in the post, just finished work and I’m very tired...!
Is this happening every Saturday? If so what time?

edit: just noticed it’s every day :eek:oo can’t wait

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Sorry if it’s in the post, just finished work and I’m very tired...!
Is this happening every Saturday? If so what time?

edit: just noticed it’s every day :eek:oo can’t wait
Hell yes! Every single day and only one reward a day! So you better be grinding as much as you can. I'm extremely excited and I can't wait for day one

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
LMAO

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
Was lovely to see everyone enjoying the event yesterday! I’m glad it ran smoothly and here’s to many more fun and successful rounds of manasweeper in the future!

I would just like to remind everyone that yes we do plan on updating the crate in future, as we recognise that there are a limited amount of prizes. Once a few players have received all of the perks, that is when we will start to change it up :) We already have a few join messages ready to go but other suggestions are welcome!

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
Was lovely to see everyone enjoying the event yesterday! I’m glad it ran smoothly and here’s to many more fun and successful rounds of manasweeper in the future!

I would just like to remind everyone that yes we do plan on updating the crate in future, as we recognise that there are a limited amount of prizes. Once a few players have received all of the perks, that is when we will start to change it up :) We already have a few join messages ready to go but other suggestions are welcome!
Oh no I missed it :(

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Suggestions:
Create a scoreboard for during the event displaying the top miners, what their block count is, and what your personal block count is.
Add an armor set, sword, and axe to the crate.
Increase the number of cores and frags rewarded from the crate. I'd say 3 cores, 20 frags.
Create a scoreboard thing for top ManaSweeper wins. Not monthly. No rewards. Just for interest.
Change the 15k mana crystal from crate to at least 50k so it's actually somewhat rewarding for winning. (ref. pond generally gives 1-3 30k crystals a pond)
Increase the money reward from crate to at least $10m.
Change the name to SSMSweeper.
Add an SSM NPC.

My thoughts:
The ore blocks kinda suck. Slow falling from coal is more of a negative effect because you're bound to have mining fatigue already making it super hard to mine anything. Maybe it can be changed to jump boost 3 or something?
I think the message announcing the event in the chat is kinda spammy. Especially the count down from 5. I think the messages minutes away that are large are good, but if the closer ones, 10s 5 4 3 2 1, should be changed to something like when a normal mine resets "ManaSweeper will be starting in 5s" as the whole message.
Excluding the timing error of the event today on Atlas, I am very pleased to see this is bug free (for now lmao). So thank you Sunset, Rory, and all the others who have helped plan, construct, execute, and operate this addition to hungry Olympus.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Suggestions:
Create a scoreboard for during the event displaying the top miners, what their block count is, and what your personal block count is.
Add an armor set, sword, and axe to the crate.
Increase the number of cores and frags rewarded from the crate. I'd say 3 cores, 20 frags.
Create a scoreboard thing for top ManaSweeper wins. Not monthly. No rewards. Just for interest.
Change the 15k mana crystal from crate to at least 50k so it's actually somewhat rewarding for winning. (ref. pond generally gives 1-3 30k crystals a pond)
Increase the money reward from crate to at least $10m.
Change the name to SSMSweeper.
Add an SSM NPC.

My thoughts:
The ore blocks kinda suck. Slow falling from coal is more of a negative effect because you're bound to have mining fatigue already making it super hard to mine anything. Maybe it can be changed to jump boost 3 or something?
I think the message announcing the event in the chat is kinda spammy. Especially the count down from 5. I think the messages minutes away that are large are good, but if the closer ones, 10s 5 4 3 2 1, should be changed to something like when a normal mine resets "ManaSweeper will be starting in 5s" as the whole message.
Excluding the timing error of the event today on Atlas, I am very pleased to see this is bug free (for now lmao). So thank you Sunset, Rory, and all the others who have helped plan, construct, execute, and operate this addition to hungry Olympus.
I believe some of those suggestions are already on our check list. I think the scoreboard for top wins was something we wanted but only later when more wins have happened. The scoreboard would otherwise look kinda boring. We're already discussing optimizing the rewards at the moment to see how we can improve it :D.

I'm really glad to see that you enjoy Manasweeper though! I'm glad that it's going verry smoothly and that's all thanks to everyone who helped test in the past weeks and helped improve. I've been advertising for this kind of event for a while now so seeing it turn out like this really made me extremely happy. It's been a verry succesfull first two days and I have high hopes of it being succesfull in the future :D