Ratings
Username: RadekCig
Map name: Spiral mountain
Photos of your Parkour:
2020-11-10_13.29.35.png 2020-11-10_13.30.16.png 2020-11-10_13.30.27.png

Your plot warp name to it: /plot v RadekCig
Difficulty: -Expert
Number of jumps: Around 110

- Please let me know if I should change anything, thank you for your time.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Alrightttt!
This looks amazing! I'll definitely play the parkour today and give you feedback later!

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Im sorry to say that a map exactly like this has been submitted recently and accepted, upwards journey.
talk about unfortunate timing lol

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Man, if this will be the reason for this map not being accepted I'm gonna cry.
It probably won't. There are lots of factors to take in when either accepting or rejecting a map. I can tell that a lot of consideration was made into making the build! I didn't test the parkour so I can't say anything for that.
But the map looks pretty good and I'm glad you read the Map Submission Information and Format post Dacon made! Most people don't :)

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
So I've played your map!

The build is amazing. The parkour, though, is EXTREMELY repetitive and I suggest you add more varied jumps with blocks such as enchantment tables and brewing stands.

Have a good day,
Acid

;D

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
So I've played your map!

The build is amazing. The parkour, though, is EXTREMELY repetitive and I suggest you add more varied jumps with blocks such as enchantment tables and brewing stands.

Have a good day,
Acid

;D
Don't listen to him!!! Only add enchanting tables and brewing stands to where they will fit in with the build and won't stand out and look ugly. I don't think it would make sense to add an enchanting table where there are green or gray blocks, but rather black blocks. And don't use half beds lol. Try to incorporate blocks that have a purpose and that won't make the build look bad. I wish you the best of luck!!

(If you'd like to see some blocks that can fit in with all the colors, you can visit my 2nd plot which might be able to help you! Just try not to make the parkour too varied or random either. My ign is TheDestroyer7234.)

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Don't listen to him!!! Only add enchanting tables and brewing stands to where they will fit in with the build and won't stand out and look ugly. I don't think it would make sense to add an enchanting table where there are green or gray blocks, but rather black blocks. And don't use half beds lol. Try to incorporate blocks that have a purpose and that won't make the build look bad. I wish you the best of luck!!

(If you'd like to see some blocks that can fit in with all the colors, you can visit my 2nd plot which might be able to help you! Just try not to make the parkour too varied or random either. My ign is TheDestroyer7234.)
well yes i agree with des the blocks were examples though

Ratings
Thanks for the feedback!
I was avoiding the weird-like blocks but ill try to put some in where they fit.

Edit: I have edited a few of the jumps and tested them, thanks to everyone that gave me feedback.

Last edited:

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey RadekCig,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: I know this isn't what you want to hear but I do believe this map to be unoriginally themed due to our countless Mountain-themed maps.
  • Build: Personally, I think the build is pretty good. You definitely nailed what you were going for as this looks like a spiral mountain. It's properly shaped and doesn't look like some bland generic mountain which is why I think it's a good build. It's a shame that it's just not very unique.
  • Parkour: The parkour was not very good. It did fit the expert difficulty in both length and difficulty, it had too many difficulty spikes. What I mean is that some parts were super easy while others were incredibly annoying/hard. You need to try harder to maintain a balance within the difficulty of your parkour. Furthermore, I found the parkour to be incredibly linear. It just wasn't very fun to do. There wasn't much ingenuity with the blocks used. I don't mean that there weren't beds/enchantment tables/brewing stands, but that you primarily only used vanilla blocks in not the most creative ways. Don't be afraid to incorporate loads of technically different jumps, it makes the parkour way more fun to do! Also, the parkour was pretty confusing to do. Some good examples of instances like these were: (where you had to go to the house but it was not apparent at all that you had to do so) and here (where you had to go to the water). Also, this and some other jumps were just super annoying: . You gotta give your parkour a second look!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.