Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Ign: Trash062
/plot v Trash062 2
(My second plot)
around 110ish jumps
Difficulty: Expert
Edit: some tweaks have been made to the map.
2020-04-11_17.48.24.png

Last edited:

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
524 25
Hey Trash062, here is my critique of the map!

I would say the theme is semi-original, as there is already a map called Nuke in expert, but that map is based on the Call of Duty map. The only problem is that the Nuke expert map ends on a nuke similar to yours. For this course build-wise, it could be better. I'm not sure why but compared to the tent, tank, and military bunker, your Atomic Bomb is MASSIVE. Map makers should always keep scale in mind when building a map! For your parkour, it is mostly varied which is good, but you should throw in some more variation... flower pots, water jumps, ice, soul sand, beds, enchanting tables, etc. There's also a weird barrier section but I think its fine. The parkour matches the difficulty of the map. Good luck!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hello, I'm sorry to say I'd give this a -1 for a few reasons...
Firstly, the theme itself is a bit...questionable? What I mean is, the atomic bomb is a bit of a sensitive topic for some people, as it was a tragedy that struck Japan during WWII. This may be me being stodgy, but I think it's best to not make builds surrounding sensitive topics. People play games to have fun and I think it's best to keep things light hearted.
Secondly, there are an overwhelming amount of barriers in this map. It's okay to use barriers sometimes for a few jumps, but having full barrier neos and barriers placed to actually fool people are no good. This is mostly because parkour is played in adventure mode (where barriers can't be seen) on the live parkour world compared to the mapmaker world. So it would be best to use glass or replace a block for barriers whenever possible, and use them mostly to block exploits.
Thirdly, the build itself despite the theme doesn't integrate the parkour well. What I mean by this is that there's a lot of floating jumps that make the build look a little messy and distract from the main structure.
The parkour is somewhat varied block wise, which is good but I think you could challenge yourself to incorporate more types of weird blocks! Many of the barriers do disguise that a lot of the parkour is floating, which could be better considering my second point. Try to attach more jumps visibly to the build and integrate them more. It might be easier to do this to by making the build a little more detailed texture wise, especially to the bomb itself.

Good luck on your submission! I am just a Mapper and community member, but I love to give others feedback to help improve people's building skills! I hope this can help you improve :)

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello Trash062! Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map.

The theme is mostly original; however, as mentioned, nukes have been used in maps before. The topic can also be a bit sensitive for some.

The parkour is a bit long for an expert, but it's not horrible. The difficulty isn't very consistent, especially near the beginning which is much better suited to a hard map for the most part (some jumps might even be better for an easy or medium). The repetitiveness is also an issue, seeing as the map is almost entirely fence/normal/ladder jumps. Lastly, I found a skip on the green wall that allows about 5 jumps to be skipped; let me know if you need help finding it.

The build is recognizable as a bomb, but the scale is very off compared to the real equivalent, and the block variation could be improved as well. The floating parkour detracts from the build, as well as the ugly rectangular prisms of grass and wool that the map reside on.

Thank you for submitting, and feel free to resubmit in the future if you fix these issues! If you have any questions, feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (MCBYT#2023).​

Status
Not open for further replies.