Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hello there!
I would have to give your map a -1. The theme is a bit overdone, as there are a lot of sandy/desert themed maps already, as well as cave maps for the underground portion. The build is also a bit bland, while it fits the theme, I fear there's nothing really making this build stand out.
As for the parkour, it has some variation in throughout the map, although I feel there could be more use of odd blocks, such as heads, walls, beds, chests, vines, water, trap doors, etc. Even so, the parkour is not well mixed. By this, I mean that these different varied jumps you are using are not will distributed throughout the map, and the parkour is easily identifiable by sections (series of fences, series of normal blocks). Try to mix together different kinds of jumps to make an interesting and unique course!
Finally, I think the difficulty is a bit inconsistent throughout. Some parts are very easy, while some are very difficult. Try to make the difficulty more even throughout.
The map is a good length for an expert, and there aren't a ton of floating jumps, although there are some. Try to attach jumps to the build when you can to avoid a messy look :)

Please note that I am not a Map Judge! I am just a Helper trying to give constructive criticism on maps to help improve people's skills in the community! Good luck on your submission :)

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
618 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Originality ~ Sadly I've already seen a handful of parkour map submissions with this similar type of them, desert/palace or pyramid style, in my opinion, it isn't a very creative parkour submission, unfortunately.

Details ~ I definitely do believe that you could have added more detail to your overall parkour build, it's a decent build but definitely seems that it's a little overdone and some areas certainly could have gotten some more small simple details to make it more attractive, for example, a few different types of blocks to make the build stand out more, possibly some palm trees, just my opinion.

Parkour Variety ~ This is one of the most important sections of a parkour submission and sadly your parkour submission doesn't really have that much variety with the jumps, you've got some fence and ladder jumps occasionally added through your build but it certainly would be better if you added more variety, for example, bed jumps, slime block jumps, head-hitters, soul sand jumps, enchantment table/chest jumps, etc.

Difficulty ~ The number of jumps certainly does seem in the EXPERT section for a parkour submission and as Quinny mentioned there's not many floating jumps which are great to see but it's always better if you keep your parkour more attached to the build so it doesn't look messy, I've learned from previous experience that floating blocks look a little messy.

Good luck! :)

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello,

This map is being rejected. The theme is unoriginal and the build could be improved. The parkour is not very fun to do and lacks variation. It is very unbalanced when it comes to the difficulty, with random spikes going from easy to hard. Overall, the theme, build, and parkour could be improved.

Thank you for submitting this map! :)
If you have any questions, you may DM me on here, in game, or on discord! :D

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.