Closed Infected Desert - Insane (Re-submission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
  • Username: BDOsborne
  • Map name: Infected Desert; /plot v BDOsborne 1
  • Difficulty: Insane
  • Number of jumps: 130
Its me again...
Pretty much all floating parkour scrapped and new path to cave entrance made drastically shortening coarse. Nerfed a few things but its probably still to hard idk, it would be best if a judge could either personally nerf it or explicitly tell me what to nerf.
Thanks,
BDO

Attachments
  • 2020-09-21_21.54.14.png

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Really epic map with an amazing build. Love it

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Incredible build and I believe the theme is good. Really fantastic to look at, great work!

However the Parkour, my god. It is WAY TOO DIFFICULT for Manacube's standards. I would recommend you to redo the parkour entirely, or at least nerf it to oblivion, because there is no way this map is being accepted the way it is right now. You can ask a good Map Maker for help if you find it tough.

The parkour was mostly good though, it was not unfair, just way too difficult to fit in Manacube.

Good luck with the submission!

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
I completely agree with what GamersDecision said. A few players may be able to beat your course but no judge on the Manacube Staff Team would be able to complete this course. I cant really tell you what to fix parkour wise because I think this map needs a nerf fest. Some sections are devilish with strings of hard jumps and then a triple neo and then a 45 strafe with no checkpoints in sight. I definitely believe you will be able to nerf your map easily because of your understanding of parkour enough to make a map this difficult. Other than that, this map is great. It would just be impossible for a judge to accurately assess the map.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
I completely agree with what GamersDecision said. A few players may be able to beat your course but no judge on the Manacube Staff Team would be able to complete this course. I cant really tell you what to fix parkour wise because I think this map needs a nerf fest. Some sections are devilish with strings of hard jumps and then a triple neo and then a 45 strafe with no checkpoints in sight. I definitely believe you will be able to nerf your map easily because of your understanding of parkour enough to make a map this difficult. Other than that, this map is great. It would just be impossible for a judge to accurately assess the map.
oof. the fourth round of nerfing i guess. when i went through with pres we significantly nerfed the map and prior to that i had ensured most hard jumps had only say 5-10 jumps in between checkpoints and and really hard jumps had checkpoints either side of the jump. failsafe rooms are also abundant. ill have another run through the map and you can join me, just to check through the pk.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
keep it hard otherwise people will breeze through it and it wont be memorable, at least that's my take, there's a reason people don't remember many easy maps.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
keep it hard otherwise people will breeze through it and it wont be memorable, at least that's my take, there's a reason people don't remember many easy maps.
There's a difference between a map being memorable and being resented/dreaded. Maps don't have to be as hard as the judges will allow to be enjoyable. Most players on the server would prefer to understand the jumps, appreciate the build, and have fun while parkouring than have to labour through long cps of technical jumps after technical jumps. Manacube doesn't need more hard Insanes. It just doesn't.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
There's a difference between a map being memorable and being resented/dreaded. Maps don't have to be as hard as the judges will allow to be enjoyable. Most players on the server would prefer to understand the jumps, appreciate the build, and have fun while parkouring than have to labour through long cps of technical jumps after technical jumps. Manacube doesn't need more hard Insanes. It just doesn't.
Well luckily pretty much all jumps are very close to CP's.... play the map and u will see that these jumps either are failsafe or have a reachable CP before and after the jump.

Kubikit

MVP
Kubikit
Kubikit
MVP
Ratings
Quick review :

Map itself : The starting platform should be moved to the center of the plot considering your map is 120+ wide which will result in a //cut
Also consider lowering the starting platform down 10 blocks maybe to not cause trouble with the "30 blocks down from spawn causes you to get tp'd back up" (ask mods if this wasnt clear).

Build : Looks good on the outside, everything else is way too detailed, there's just too much going on it hurts my eyes, also most of the map uses a very dark palette, which makes everything harder to see and a pain to figure out. Basically you overused heads and panes as decoration and it just wasn't needed (also too many heads cause massive frame drops).

Parkour : Oh my
- 1st slime is hella annoying just get rid of it and its barriers
- You used x facing piston heads, which are banned because they don't behave properly
- Checkpoints are a mess, they should be spread evenly-ish at least
- Overall your map is a "hard jump fest", which wouldnt be a problem if the jumps were "only hard", not on the level of final rankup server parkour map.
- It just never stops, "you just did an insane butterfly neo with a weird setup ? Nice take this 3b stairs momentum triple neo then go ahead and do a double 45 strafe ontop a landmine". An insane map contains around 120 jumps yeah, but not all of them are bwmm or cross neups, consider adding more of transition jumps.
- I didn't bother doing half of the hard jumps in creative mode, why would I in survival.

I actually wonder what hardcore parkour players find fun in repeating a single jump 342 times only to find a setup that takes 10seconds to properly set up every time only to fail said jump because you jumped 1 tick too late.

Oh and also I couldnt find the ending after 5minutes of flying around the crater.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
Quick review :

Map itself : The starting platform should be moved to the center of the plot considering your map is 120+ wide which will result in a //cut
Also consider lowering the starting platform down 10 blocks maybe to not cause trouble with the "30 blocks down from spawn causes you to get tp'd back up" (ask mods if this wasnt clear).

Build : Looks good on the outside, everything else is way too detailed, there's just too much going on it hurts my eyes, also most of the map uses a very dark palette, which makes everything harder to see and a pain to figure out. Basically you overused heads and panes as decoration and it just wasn't needed (also too many heads cause massive frame drops).

Parkour : Oh my
- 1st slime is hella annoying just get rid of it and its barriers
- You used x facing piston heads, which are banned because they don't behave properly
- Checkpoints are a mess, they should be spread evenly-ish at least
- Overall your map is a "hard jump fest", which wouldnt be a problem if the jumps were "only hard", not on the level of final rankup server parkour map.
- It just never stops, "you just did an insane butterfly neo with a weird setup ? Nice take this 3b stairs momentum triple neo then go ahead and do a double 45 strafe ontop a landmine". An insane map contains around 120 jumps yeah, but not all of them are bwmm or cross neups, consider adding more of transition jumps.
- I didn't bother doing half of the hard jumps in creative mode, why would I in survival.

I actually wonder what hardcore parkour players find fun in repeating a single jump 342 times only to find a setup that takes 10seconds to properly set up every time only to fail said jump because you jumped 1 tick too late.

Oh and also I couldnt find the ending after 5minutes of flying around the crater.
I understand your concerns :D
lovely to have an in depth review and just to let people to know there is no double 45 strafe, hasnt been since the first submission....
I would love to know in which spots you found the checkpoints to be inappropriately spaced so i can fix that.
In terms of parkour difficulty i think that most of the jumps just arent that hard considering the failsafe rooms and checkpoint frequency. That being said you definately need to understnad certain advanced PK techniques, idk like pessi, and when i ran through it with a few other people every jump was done without to many tries.

i guess that perhaps if we have to many people complaining then i just shouldnt submit maps like this, seems that the effort goes largely unappreciated due to the "limits" and "enjoyment" factor people decide everyone has. some people enjoy a challenge and it helps them to drastically improve their pk skills and only having "fun" maps rather hinders pk progress, perhaps why people play on other servers other than manacube in conjunction with manacube. i believe having a harder map for the server is no problem at all, it doesnt affect you at all if you cant do it or you dont have the ptience to do it so why complain....

anyways im just a noob so shoot away.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
i guess that perhaps if we have to many people complaining then i just shouldnt submit maps like this, seems that the effort goes largely unappreciated due to the "limits" and "enjoyment" factor people decide everyone has. some people enjoy a challenge and it helps them to drastically improve their pk skills and only having "fun" maps rather hinders pk progress, perhaps why people play on other servers other than manacube in conjunction with manacube. i believe having a harder map for the server is no problem at all, it doesnt affect you at all if you cant do it or you dont have the ptience to do it so why complain....
i think you've hit on something here. manacube has never really been a server intended to drastically improve one's parkour skills. it's more so about a rounded community of parkouring, grinding, and building. this is reflected in the way an original theme and an attractive build are equally as important as suitable parkour. this is reflected in the way that the players with the most prestiges on the server either grind hard/expert maps (or in some extreme cases, thousands of completions of a medium map!) or just enderpearl whichever insane they can find.

i respect that you want to encourage manacube's community to improve their skills, learn about more technical jumps, and explore challenging courses - if I had the ability to not only complete those types of courses but build them well, i'd probably want that too - but manacube as a server is likely not set up in the ideal way to accomplish that.

your builds and themes are excellent and i wish you luck with this and future submissions. i know how tedious it can be to resubmit over and over again, and I know you're getting a lot of opinions at once. see u on the server

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Osborne,

I will be CLOSING this submission as per your request. I'm excited to see what the future has in store for this map!

Status
Not open for further replies.