caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
If you are viewing this thread, it is likely that you are tired of the slow upload speed provided by the Lightshot screenshot tool

You came to the right place!

Introducing... ShareX!

I just downloaded it and tested it out and its very convenient. Upload times are almost instant because they rely on imgur's database rather than lightshot's own. No more waiting for the screenshot to upload staff!

For any skeptics here's a virus total.

If you want this to operate exactly as Lightshot simply install the software and you'll get to this screen

2. Next all you want to do is go to the After capture tasks and click Upload image to host

(this will automatically upload your image to imgur, and it'll copy the link into your clipboard)

3. Setup a key bind you like and then screenshot whatever you want!

Here's a link to the software: https://getsharex.com/

not entirely sure if this is allowed but Lightshot blows so just use this instead

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
I do agree with lightshot being slow over the past few months...
But I'd rather use the one that me and my friend are currently working on haha.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I've never found Lightshot to be slow. I use ShareX for clipping but much prefer Lightshot for screenshots.

Kuduva

Ratings
65 7
I have to agree that Lightshot has been REALLY slow, and when I upload and send the link to my friends, they sometimes say that it just times out and says error. Never has happened to me, but yes, its gotten horribly slow. I'll have to give this a try... but the whole reason I use Lightshot opposed to ShareX is because of the very simple gui, where it's in the background at all time and is easy and pretty quick to work with (besides loading times.) Anyways, I'll have to give it a try, thanks!