iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
I don't play parkour, but option 3 sounds the best to me. Seems the best compromise to both sides (ones that want a reset, and ones that want no reset).

Also side note, glad to see stuff like this happening again involving the community. Manacubes future is looking bright again for me. :)

carvhes

Dedicated Member
ELITE
carvhes
carvhes
ELITE
Ratings
78 3
to his credit he literally has been on for like an hour talking to the community and this is where this list is derived from.
never said he didn't, there is just a past of staff not listening to what we want and (more importantly) need. also that was focused towards everyone dealing with the update, not just dacon <33

senatvs

PATRON
Senatvs
Senatvs
Patron
Ratings
22 2
dont worry guys, if this update is anything like the new adventure maps we have a good 3-4 years before any of this actually happens

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
never said he didn't, there is just a past of staff not listening to what we want and (more importantly) need. also that was focused towards everyone dealing with the update, not just dacon <33
Quite frankly, parkour staff have been working their asses off making sure this update is exactly what the players want. Moderators always listen to what the players want - having sway has been less common. Seems like this update is different, which is why it'll be so awesome.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
dont worry guys, if this update is anything like the new adventure maps we have a good 3-4 years before any of this actually happens
Oh, you mean the adventure maps that are coming out with the update?

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
UPDATE CREATIVE UPDATE CREATIVE UPDATE CREATIVE

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
i spent 550 hours getting champion rank, if it gets reset im not going to try and get it again

Emee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Emeenem
Emeenem
ELITE
Ratings
Based on discussions in-game and this thread, I think this is the most likely conclusion

- Stats/Parkourlog separated into "All-Time" and "Seasonal"
(Alltime wont ever reset, seasonal will)

- Rankups, prestiges will need to reset because these have been revamped

- Mana and ender pearls will reset, and crates etc. will be rebalanced

- Nothing else will reset, you'll keep your inventories, vaults, echests, perks, titles etc
I still haven't really quite grasp at how this option works, specifically the first point in here. So are we gonna have 2 stats on the maps we do, like a count of how many times have u done "x" map this season vs. for all-time? Or are different stats going to be categorized into 1 of the 2? Seasonal just means after the reset right, and not some trippy restarting every half a year? Just need someone to explain it to me in detail rly.

(also plz add back the option to view adventure personal bests, some of us have trouble remembering them k thx bye)

Pulty

Pulty
Pulty
Ratings
Imagine having items or mana

Anything about creating a classic maps section in this update to discourage new players from thinking a generic Minecraft biome map is considered Manacube quality?

Also what is a checkmark

nickclosed

Forum Expert
PATRON+
nickclosed
nickclosed
Patron+
Ratings
306 10
I realize this is a big deal and i probably have some of the most money invested into things affected by this update/reset. I’m my opinion i say reset everything besides player vaults and titles. For me, cosmetics and fun items as well as historic titles are great and helps mana feel special. Parkour log, mana, completions, prestiges and score could all be reset. I hope my opinion helps your decisions as admins and I’m looking forward to seeing the results :)
I’m surprised you’re agreeing with this reset considering you’ve spent the most money on parkour. Id feel like I’ve wasted my money if they reseted our prestige’s tbh.

worgenwow

ELITE
worgenwow
worgenwow
ELITE
Ratings
honestly I think it'd be really good to have the daily map pool to be narrowed in some way, like including more recent maps - as a lot of people put loads of time into making maps these days so when some low effort old map becomes daily while theirs lies at the back of the map list is kinda sad

carvhes

Dedicated Member
ELITE
carvhes
carvhes
ELITE
Ratings
78 3
Quite frankly, parkour staff have been working their asses off making sure this update is exactly what the players want. Moderators always listen to what the players want - having sway has been less common. Seems like this update is different, which is why it'll be so awesome.
again, never said they arent. i am just saying and asking them to listen to us so the update is perfect

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
honestly I think it'd be really good to have the daily map pool to be narrowed in some way, like including more recent maps - as a lot of people put loads of time into making maps these days so when some low effort old map becomes daily while theirs lies at the back of the map list is kinda sad
it uses a randomiser algorithm, but the algorithm is shit. its why in the scrambler the same word comes up multiple times in a row. making it favour newer maps isnt fair to the old maps: sure theyre bad, but someone put effort into those didnt they?

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
it uses a randomiser algorithm, but the algorithm is shit. its why in the scrambler the same word comes up multiple times in a row. making it favour newer maps isnt fair to the old maps: sure theyre bad, but someone put effort into those didnt they?
Agreed about not weighting the algorithm. But about the scrambler thing - isn’t the chance of words coming multiple times in a row proof that it truly is random?

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
This seems like kind of an unfair take lol. We’ve had very very lengthy conversations in the mapper discord about stuff people want to be changed on the server.